main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Concept Art Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by HegoDamask, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    UNLIMITED POWEEEEEER!

2. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013

He's frying J.J.! :eek:

Yensid1974 likes this.
  3. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    THANK YOU FOR THIS.

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    You're welcome! Ah, the things I do on a saturday night :p

Palpatine2016 likes this.
  5. seasider

seasider Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    Rick Cater is one of the best Production Designers in the business. I'm looking forward to seeing what the sets are going to look like.

Diggs likes this.
  6. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Little Kenobi pic in the bottom right corner of the top right artwork?

7. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Best breakdown of the picture so far.

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. DarthScully

DarthScully Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2001
    well all im thinking is that given the hype surrounding this franchise wouldnt they want to make more of a big deal about it? i mean its free publicity for them that they dont have to spend a cent on. not that they need any more publicity (if anything i think the team wants everybody to step back and give them some breathing room).

9. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

This brings back fond memories of olden times when we would dissect every little thing related to the PT prior to its release.

A most excellent question.

10. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Something Dagobah Cave-esque has the potential to be fantastic.

SHARKY_CHOMPCHOMP and dolphin like this.
  11. DarthScully

Oct 30, 2001
    i noticed that too which got the internal debate in my head going. but thing is:

1. they airbrushed all the images, not just the ones for the Falcon, so the ones we've IDd as coming from the PTs/ OTs were trying to be "hidden" as well. it makes some sense in a way because the purpose of the photo is to promote LFL as a company and wants to focus on kind of talent it draws and employs.

for those that does photography/ graphics design, they'd understand the significance about making your subject matter be the focus of attention and not all the surrounding distractions, specially in a busy background.

2. for all the talent the web designer can do they chose to use some shabby paint program to fuzz out images they dont want people to see? [face_laugh] it didnt even look like they really wanted to hide it given theres so many aspects of it still peeking through.

Episode Swag likes this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That's the though they really don't have to do much to generate the hype. They would definitely know posting that picture would cause a lot of noise and that it'd be all of the internet in minutes which of course it was. So they don't have to make a big deal about because everyone else did it for them.

Palpatine2016 likes this.
  13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, but did they know we'd be adding Force lightning to his fingers? :p

14. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Where are people seeing something that looks like it's been airbrushed out? I'm not getting that at all.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You're not going to convince me that Rick Carter isn't aware of what he's doing. Especially with Palpatine's reflection apparently in his glasses! :p

EHT likes this.
  16. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013

I've long imagined an intense psychological sequence featuring a group of vulnerable Jedi exploring the dark side tainted tombs of Korriban. If you've played KOTOR 2, you know the potential for a seriously trippy vision sequence, but injected with real drama and tension.

Darth_Pevra and Circular Logic like this.
  17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    "That's for killing off Sayid!"

Visivious Drakarn likes this.
  18. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012

[​IMG]
    In the center of the red circle looks like someone just used the photoshop airbrush tool (in black) to censor something in the photo. DarthScully, I don't see where it appears that way in any other photo, and I don't see why the original poster of the pic would need to be more subtle or creative than using a simple, quick tool to blot out a classified image.

19. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    It looks like a shadow to me. (Someone who vehemently pointed out the Falcon in that pic:p) But I'm definitely open to the idea. Very interesting if it has been airbrushed. Makes you wonder what it could be...

20. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Another excellent thread!! Loving it

21. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    I think that's a new picture of the Falcon, looks like it's flying over Coruscant to me

As for the planet on the bottom right, could very well be that they're filming in New Mexico, and this is one of the new planets

Also could be Utapau, Geonosis, etc. I'd like it to be Korriban, though I highly doubt it (or Moribland, or whatever it's called now, LOL!)

This is definitely an exciting picture. Happy to know that they've got plenty of shots posted up from the PT, and not just the OT. It looks like they plan on implementing the full history of the saga, which I am very excited about.

Does anyone think they're planning on using McGregor with age makeup as Obi-Wan?

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    [​IMG]
    Personally there is more important stuff going on in this picture than just the Falcon. Don't get me wrong, I'm the biggest falcon fan and I want it and Han to last the entire ST, but what's really giving me hope is they are REFERENCING the OT and the PT!!!!

I'm no JJ fan, but this is a great step in the right direction to bring both trilogies together. Also this may be a hint at the shooting styles. If JJ is looking at these shots and trying to duplicate the look, there my be hope yet for a seamless ST to PT to OT look.

23. DarthScully

Oct 30, 2001

Mystery Roach if you look at the original photo on the lucasfilm site HERE it will show you that everything was fuzzed out, not just the bottom two photos, the blotting is obvious along the edges of the top photos as well. also a self respecting web designer would be able to fuzz out images with a lot more finesse than what we see, most specially if they use photoshop or some other high end graphics app.
    [​IMG]

24. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    So everyone agrees that on the right picture it is a Waterfall?

25. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    Now heĀ“ll suffer for his lack of vison?

markdeez33 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.