1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest. New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Art Archive Concept Artists Wanted

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by dutchboyjr, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. dutchboyjr Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Fan Artists,

Wow. That's all I can say. I've looked through some of these files and they're very impressive. I've tried drawing Captain Rex off Star Wars.com and it was a mess... so congratz and keep up the awesome work. I myself express my passion through Star Wars with Fan Films. I was contacted by Dark Majesty Productions about an idea for a Film. I am now writing it along with another guy by the name of Scott Robb. The project is far from completion but we are slowly building up the screenplay. Because we are writing this together you can imagine that we are going to have different interpretations of the others work. The setting and characters will be imagined differently. I've attempted to draw a few storyboards which outline some of the major scenes to help get us on the same page. Although these are black and white and basically consist of me tracing ships and things off my monitor. If anyone is interested I would love to have some concept art which we can use to both layout the scene and serve as some inspirational/motivational pieces. Personally, I get a lot of inspiration from looking at Art, especially if it's Star Wars Art. If anyone is interested in doing a few pieces that would be greatly appreciated. This project is made purely from our passion of Star Wars and we aren't making any money off of this, so unfortunately we are not able to pay you for your work, but I feel that sometimes it's good to do something just from the heart for something that you love and wish to share with others. Like I mentioned this is my first film aside from some stuff that I've done with friends, that basically means us running through the forest, but I have read up on film making and know the basics and I can assure you that I am very professional and strive for perfection. This being one of my first films I am not entirely sure what other information to include in this post. I will include a brief explanation of the story and anyone who is interested can contact me for more information. If there is enough interest I may post a follow up with more information.

Alright, so this story was developed by Scott Robb. It's set roughly 14 years after the Battle of Endor. It follows a young Jedi named Jai. Jai was taken into care by the Jedi Academy as an orphan, and was told little about his parents and past. Jai's ultimate goal is to uncover his past and free himself from this haunting conflict. He's joined by his friend Ace to help him with his journey. As they uncover more and more about his past we "run into some old friends" as well as meet new ones.

Anyway, it's not a very good summary but I don't want to reveal too much about the film. I will discuss with Scott as to what specific scenes or elements we are looking for. If you are at all interested please either send me a PM or an e-mail (dutchboyjr@gmail.com), a reply works too so that I can share additional information with others. As for the style, I really love the Ralph McQuarrie pieces, but unfortunately I don't think I can convince Ralph to draw some pictures for a fan film. I am open to any style. All of the images I've seen here are great. So I hope to hear from you soon and honestly the talent that you guys have is amazing!

Keep up the great work!
    Elwin van Alst

HS29 EDIT: Individual request threads are not allowed in Fan Art. Please read the Official Request thread located at the top of the forum page and feel free to repost this there using the appropriate template. Thanks!
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.