main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question Concerned, in Cardiff

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by IHAntares, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IHAntares

IHAntares Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2014
    Hey, there,

What is happening, with the Expanded Universe?

According to Wookieepedia (and this may be out of date), the entire Expanded Universe is to be scrapped. Yet, according to a source at Rebel Legion, the entire Expanded Universe is to be brought up in to the canon.

I hope some one, on this board, can help me find out what is actually happening. Is Wookiepedia's version of events true, with all the evil-Disney-raping-my-childhood feelings that it stirs up? Is the Rebel Legion source's version of events true, with all the dangers that something by the Davidses or Karen Traviss could be brought up in to the canon?

Or is it that, as often happens, the truth lies somewhere between the two extremes?

Hoping you can help,

Michael

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    As I understand it, EU has been de-canonised and is going to be picked a part and changed to suit the Mouse. Everything the Mouse releases is said to be part of the new and singular canon. However, I doubt very much that will hold up long.

3. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    As is stands now, the only books that are still canon are novelizations that "align with what's seen on screen." There's a discussion here if you'd like more information. :)

Also, welcome to the boards!

4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    What about the Cardiff Space-Time rift? I hope you're concerned about that. :p

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome! Anakin Solo Revanchist put it perfectly and linked to the correct discussion, so I'm going to lock this thread. But I encourage you to check out that thread and join the discussion!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.