main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic Concerning the war, the JCC is a bad place to be posting...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DarthBabe, Mar 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    I'm sorry Tammy, but they're silencing us Canadians on the JCC.

Tis ok, I understand where you're comin from. I just hope that as you post your frustrations that you will keep me in mind, and try to be somewhat respectful, and know that I do respect y'alls opinions, and love your country very much. I just hope y'all will show me the same respect. :)

Steph, there is no law. But the mod-bashing and stuff has gotten out of hand, although I would have loved to be a part of it. It's just a fact that we will have to accept. As long as the RSA's stick to FF and the other mods stick to JCC, then we should be fine. Let's just thank God for the awesome RSA's we have here!! :)

2. im_posessed

im_posessed Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2002
    what is considered bashing?

3. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Yes, our RSAs have done a good job. I received a message from cbjedi. He said an RSA has prohibited him from posting in this thread (I think we all know which one he was referring to) but he is watching it.

Of course, it's up to YJN and Mike to decide what will be allowed here, and it seems that they're allowing respectful debate, which is good.

cbjedi says that I risk a serious ban because I violated the TOS by posting material that is "knowingly false." I asked him which psychologist in MS determined that my posts are "knowingly false" but have yet to receive an answer.

Bashing is critisizing an inanimate object an ideal, or a person who doesn't post here, and is allowed, within reason. Flaming is critisizing a person who posts here, and it's not allowed.

4. im_posessed

Nov 13, 2002
    so because of our wonderful rsa's, this place is safe, but keep my opinion to myself elsewhere?

5. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Yes, exactly. As long as you are respectful, you can post your opinion here. However, if you are anti-war, you are not allowed to express it on the JC part of the site, unless it's in the Senate Floor.

6. im_posessed

Nov 13, 2002
    but if people never hear a different opinion, how will they know they are right?

7. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    I don't think it's so much keepin your opinions to yourself. I certainly don't! But I do try to post them in a respectful way, which I think I have succeeded in thus far. And Steph, I know you can say your opinion in an intelligent and respectful way. As long as you follow that, you should be fine. :)

Tammy [face_love] Canadian RSA's!!

8. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Some people just can't fathom being wrong about anything, so they don't even want to hear another opinion, option, or idea [face_plain]

9. im_posessed

Nov 13, 2002
    k...just making sure...
    while i do express my opinion, it's never to step on anyone's toes

10. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    There are times when you have to choose your battles -- speaking of debate now, not the war.

Speaking as someone who spent many long hours debating religion, gun control and censorship online (now there's some topics to get tempers riled up), I can tell you that there's a certain point in the conversation where there is no point in continuing. When the person you're talking to is sitting under his computer table with fingers in ear chanting "lalalalala I can't hear you lalalalalala", then what's the point?

The old standby of the 'net was, as soon as Hitler is mentioned a thread is over. It's so very true. It means that discussion has moved from the rational to the irrational.

"Oh yeah? Well I bet you like eating potatoes -- Just like Hitler!" Meaningful conversation is over - time to pack up your marbles and head for greener pastures.

--

Of course, I personally think that it's possible to disagree fundamentally on issues of importance without getting angry at one another. It's a big world with a lot of different opinions. Some are valid. Some are invalid. Some are just plain wrong. All can be discussed without anyone going at each other's throats.

So long as you remain calm, so long as you remain polite - heck, we're Canadian after all ;) - I think it's possible to have a discussion full of disagreement that is still meaningful to both sides.

11. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    heck, we're Canadian after all

*raises hand*

I'm not, I'm not!!! :D

Although I will be. Soon. One day. Dual citizenship will be mine!!!

12. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Don't worry - your citizenship comes with a free copy of "The Canadian Book of Ettiquette, Eh?" and a coupon for poutine. :)

13. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    We consider you as having absorbed sufficient Canadian ideas and behaviour. :p

14. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    OH MY GAWD. According to this periodic table of elements, kryptonite actually exsists. In that case... where's Superman?

Speaking of which, i'm trying to write the whole thing down on my hand, for tomorrows science test. i've tried it 3 times now. im sure that this time i can make it small enough to fit AND be readable. Anyways, back to your regular discussion....

EDIT: Periodic table of elements, not periodic table of contents.

15. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    It's Krypton, not Kryptonite, isn't it?

Ramsey and Travers boil away a litre of liquid air andfrom the spectrum of the last cubic centimeter deduce a newelement is present, in addition to argon. They give it thename Krypton meaning 'hidden'.

16. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    I shouldn't have went into that thread last night.

And then I was harrassed with pm's from that guy.

17. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Just thought I'd respond.

You two weren't banned for speaking your mind or because the boards are against you (vast right-wing conspiracy or patriotic nonsense), you were banned for spamming and baiting. If you'll recall, I was banned too. So was I banned for speaking my mind? No, I was banned for doing the same things you were. So please, don't say everyone is against you when it's not only you and your side getting banned.

18. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Adam: Do you need to know the entire periodic table? Even FogJr never did that to us, and he's evil!

19. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Actually Jansons_Funny_Twin, she wasn't banned, I was.

The first time, I was banned for defending my French-Canadian heritage against dp4m and other Americans.

And noon will tell me why I was banned the second time.

20. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Hey DOY, maybe he wrote the entire thing on his hand. ;)

21. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Actually Jansons_Funny_Twin, she wasn't banned, I was.

Sorry, for the misunderstanding, I was directing my comments to you and AT60

I often have trouble making sure the right person gets the message. [face_blush]

The first time, I was banned for defending my French-Canadian heritage against dp4m and other Americans.

And I agreed with on that issue, but three things pop out. 1) You should have settled things via PM with either dp4m or another mod. 2) You wouldn't let it drop, and your posts boarded on spam. 3) You allowed two wrongs to make a right. You were angry that people were insulting French Canadians, then you went and did the same thing.

Other that, I agree that his comments, as well as all comments aimed at the citizens of any country, are uncalled for.

And noon will tell me why I was banned the second time.

As I said earlier, you were spamming. THough if they haven't told you as much, they are in the wrong. I would contact other mods via PM, or go to an exsisting Comms thread.

22. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Derek tried to bring it up with dp4m, but it didn't work.

I would also like to remind you that you are a guest here. You can stay, but please show us proper respect.

23. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    And now there are sore feelings on all sides of the matter.

Well, only one solution to that...

*starts baking cookies*

24. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Cookies? Cookies are good :D

25. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    I tried bringing it up in Comms, which is the proper place, wes but was immediatly attacked by other American's and then banned when I tried defending myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.