main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Concert in Indy question

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I was reading the press release on www.starwarscelebration.com (which hasn't been the most useful site to date) about the concert, and it sounds like the orchestra will be conducted by the usual Indianapolis conductors. Has anyone heard otherwise, from another source, that perhaps John Williams will be there? We're still going either way, but seeing Williams conduct would be even more of a thrill. The concert is 8:30 on Saturday for $12 for those interested and I think tickets can be bought as early as Friday May 2nd.

2. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    As far as I know John Williams will not be there, but they will be playing all Star Wars songs.

3. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Who's all going to the Concert?? .. I'm planning on it..

4. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I want to go. I just hope that tickets aren't sold out by the time I get there - mid to late Friday morning. Does anyone know how many tickets will be sold? Is the seeting asigned or is it all general admission? Because all the tickets are $12 I would assume it is general admission...

5. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    My boyfriend and I want to go, as well, just as long as the tix aren't all sold out when we show up on Friday morning.

6. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Yeah!.. I hope the detailed info about SWC2 will come soon.. I'm becoming kind of impatient. . hmm.. uggh..

7. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I hear you on the impatient thing. Every day it's the same thing with me. I tell Mrs Wampa, "I'm going to check email and the web..." ten minutes later, I come out angry, rattling my fist at those Wizard (words I can't put in print here) and their lack of information. I emailed someone there about a master schedule, and they said "One probably won't be available until we're on site." Then why in blazes have they put a "Master schedule" link on the website. They're always at least a week behind everyone else, and if not for Starwars.com, I'm sure I would be insane by now...

Anyway, we're both planning on going to the concert for sure, John Williams or not, just because we think it would be a neat experience. As my wife said, the music of the movie is almost as central to the story as the scenes. When I listen to the soundtracks (only have two, I should get the others), I really can see the films in my head.

8. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    I want to go to the concert too. So you will have company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.