main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Conclusion of Jedi Vs. Sith

Discussion in 'Literature' started by skawookiee, Sep 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    I thought it was an ok ending. I liked the whole Last Crusade look that the people sucked in the Spirit bomb had. I don't quite understand how Darovit escaped the thought bomb. In fact, it said all of the Jedi and Sith were destroyed, and yet there seemed to be several people who were just fine standing outside the cave. The end also doesn't quite jive with the Bane of the Sith story because Bane leaves with Rain as his apprentice. I guess that's nothing that a little continuity glue can't handle, though. Overall, I enjoyed the series, and how it fit with the rest of the EU.

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Yes, all from both sides were supposed to have died, see Jedi Knight books. It was one thing for Bane to be written in as escaped, and the fact he plunged into secrecy, but this knowledge of several escaped doesn't bode well. It doesn't fit with bane of the sith or the EC, or secrets of the sith. This proves what I predicted over a year ago, that the people who have taken over DH, don't care about continuity, and are just making up what ever they like, without using the continuity editors. Or the editors are doing shabby work now.

I don't expect anything to come out of Darkhorse to be accurate anymore, sadly, :(. :p.

3. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Rain was locked away in the back of Bane's ship and died when it crashed. ;)

4. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 8, 2000
    or could have died along the way, or if Bane didnt go straight to Dxun moon, there could be a stroy written about something that happened to her. The Adventures of Darth Bane and Zannah

5. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    Hey, Matt Trias. Bout your sig. What do you mean gone in 4 days?

6. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Won't have much time for the boards soon.

Got stuff to do . :(

7. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    Ah, well we'll miss you, but good luck in whatever it is that you're doing.

8. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    It's out?

I'll have to try and get it tomorrow.

Poor Rain. I hoped somehow, she'd come back to the light.

9. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Rain's Bane's apprentice? Ah man, that sucks. But I guess we should have expected it after what happened to Laa. I'll have to see if I can't get it soon.

10. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    I reread Bane of the Sith last night, and perhaps there is a continuity fix. It said at the end he would go to Onderon to find his apprentice. Originally, I thought that meant that he didn't have one, and he would have to find one. But now, I think somehow he sent Rain ahead to Onderon, while he visited the Duxon Moon for himself, since it would be too dangerous for Rain. After he got done, he went to Onderon to find the apprentice he already had. I think the reason they didn't mention Rain in BOTS is because they didn't want to spoil the end of the comic. Also, I think there were some foot soldiers on Ruusan who were not Jedi, and couldn't use the Force. Therefore, all of the Jedi were destroyed, but all of the soldiers were not. It also makes it pretty clear that Tomcat is the one who carves the Valley of the Jedi, even though he's missing a hand.

11. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Well, the earliest I'm getting it is tomorrow, so could someone give me a spoiler summary? Pretty please? :)

12. leif

leif Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 1999
    i was shocked that Bug didnt make it, they twisted the story kinda dark, Rain becoming Bane's apprentice, Tomcat realizing he didnt have that great of a force connection and just settling to be just an ordinary man.

i also think they left it kinda open-ended with the giant eggthing all the sith and jedi got pulled into as a result of the though bomb...are they dead...is it just their energy thats in there?

13. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    leif, if you can, play the Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight computer game, or read the Dark Forces - Rebel Agent and Jedi Knight books. You'll learn more about the Valley of the Jedi in those books and in the computer game.

14. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Oh, and one other question, is the prologue in #1 explained?

15. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I think that a family was doing some scavenging in a battle area after the day was over and everyone went back to camp. Only they didn't expect to find Darth Bane there.

16. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Ok, thanks.

17. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    since were on the subject.... Ive never read the comic books and only understand DE. Does anyone have suggestions on the good ones with info that may give me a general idea of that time frame.

Thanx.

18. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Prety cool issue. Really ends on a downer although that was expected.

Not sure why Davorit (sp?) survived. That didn't make a lot of sense.

Nice series though considering I haven't read the older jedi vs. sith books.

19. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I think there's some misunderstanding. Jedi vs. Sith is the only comic set in its timeframe. The Tales of the Jedi comics are thousands of years before Jedi vs. Sith and bear no relation plotwise except in the most general sense.

The other stuff about that era:

Dark Forces: Jedi Knight takes place after Return of the Jedi but in a flashlight we see the Battles of Ruusan, and in the main story we learn about what eventually happens to the Valley of the Jedi.

Darkness Shared is a Gamer story from Issue #5 about a Jedi squaring off against a Dark Jedi shortly before Jedi vs. Sith

Bane of the Sith is a Gamer story from Issue #3 about Darth Bane after Jedi vs. Sith.

20. obi-wannabe1

obi-wannabe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I thought it was an awesome conclusion.

I can't wait to see a sequel to it. And see the training of Rain. I loved the last page with the tie-in to Jedi Knight.

This period in history is definatley the dark ages of the SW galaxy. Very very good. I hope we see a lot more like this.

21. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I liked it. I didn't like seeing Rain succomb, but I expected it. I was surprised that Tomcat lived... I really expected him to be the one that died...

I do feel it kind of left things open though. Surly we must see Rain again and Tomcat again... :D

~*~Bria

22. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Darovit survived because he's hardly Force sensitive at all. In #1, you'll remember that Bug had to concentrate and use the Force, as part of a test, to explode a spore and release "helicopter seeds." Darovit thought he helped her. Really, she did it on her own, and used the same technique to explode his hand.

And what's with the dialogue? VERY poorly written! Farfalla says to Hoth "So, you won't enter? No one can resist a thougt bomb at this range?" That second sentence is not a question. On the next page, as Hoth's party meets Kaan's, the Sith says "Well come." It should say, "Welcome." And on the page after that, Kaan says "Well GONE!" as he detonates the thought bomb. What is that supposed to mean?

Overall, though, I thought JvS was the best series to come out since Twilight.

23. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    What does he say to Hoth when he enters?

What does he say after Welcome?

24. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Farfalla: Kaan...Kaan has a thought bomb in there!

Hoth: I know.

F: You...know?

H: I feel it. It makes the air as thick as congealed blood.

F: So, you won't enter? No one can resist a thought bomb at this close range?

H: I must.

H: If Kaan's made it, he will use it. Our only chance is to face him.

Kaan: Lord Hoth? Well come.

Hoth: Are you trying to scare me, Kaan? I am too old to be scared.

H: All my friends are dead. All the foolish notions that warmed my youth, too.

H: I do not mind dying. I would not mind all the Jedi dying if it meant the end of the Sith.

K: Lord Hoth--

K: --Well GONE! [Claps hands]

25. tyrranus02

tyrranus02 Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2001
    I enjoyed Jedi v Sith (typed that way it sounds like a supreme court case, but any way..)
    However, I look forward to a story that focuses soley on Bane and Zannah and how they start the last order of Sith.
    Also, I think Kaan's rambling lines were just those, ramblings. His creation of the thought bomb probably drove him into a state of true dark side insanity. Of course, that's usually the fate of most cult leaders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.