main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Conclusion of Jedi Vs. Sith

Discussion in 'Literature' started by skawookiee, Sep 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-wannabe1

obi-wannabe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I think it's supposed to show how insane he's become.

Welcome turns into Well Come.

And Well "Gone" instead of "come".

I guess it makes sense if you're holding in a thought bomb.

2. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    It still isn't funny.

3. Anakin SkySolo

Anakin SkySolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    I think the question mark after "no one survives a thought bomb" is the comic script equivalent of a type.

And "well come" is paired with "well gone"--a contrast, if you will. I doubt it's a mistake or unintentionally poor dialogue.

Anyway, I've enjoyed the entire run. One of Dark Horse's better offerings. I'd be interested in seeing more of Tomcat myself.

4. obi-wannabe1

Jun 11, 2001
    It's not suppost to be funny.

5. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Why couldn't they have stuck with his original line?

"Welcome Lord Hoth.WElcome to the grave and darkness from which none will ever emerge."

6. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Is Zannah Rain's real name?

Hopefully, I'll be getting JVS6 today, if it isn't all sold out.

7. obi-wannabe1

Jun 11, 2001
    First she's known as Rain.

Then we find out her real name is Zannah.

And then, when she becomes Bane's apprentice she'll most likely take on a Darth "something" name, since that's when the Sith seem to begin to use the Darth title.

8. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Darth Rain. ;)

9. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    I got it today. It was good, I guess, but I wish it hadn't been so depressing... with all that's been going on I'm depressed enough.

10. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Hey Rebecca191. I'm waiting for it and Infinities #3 in the mail. I think I can sympathize with what you're feeling, but the path the comics were going to take was determined months, maybe a year ago. I don't it could have been changed, even if the writers and artists behind it wanted to.

11. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Maybe I should have waited to read it, I should have known how depressing it would be!

Oh, scratch that thought. I never could have waited.

12. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I just got this issue today. I must say I thought it was a good issue. I also see why someone saw a refernce to the Indy movies.

Rain's looking to spare Tomcat's life rather than let Bane kill him suggests there could still be hope for her. Probably not, but we could see. I hope so. Maybe she'll reject Bane's teachings and then think he dies in some sort of accident before she can report he's still alive.

A thought on why some folks escaped the thought bomb. I don't think it had anything to do with how strong one is in the Force I think it had more to do with wanting it to end. That is to say, those that got sucked into the thought bomb may not have cared anymore if they survived or not. In fact, some no doubt wanted to survive. And some, Githany(spelling please) most definately wanted to live.

But no matter whether they wanted to survive or not, they just wanted it all to end. They'd suffered. Everyone had lost someone close to them. A friend, a family member. They'd lost any innocence they may have had going into this war. They were tired of fighting, tired of waking up every day knowing that they might die that day. Or watch a friend or loved one die. And they just wanted the suffering to end. Deep down inside, they wanted it to end.

Those that survived didn't want it all to end. They could probably care less if the war ended or not. But they wanted to survive for some reason or other. Perhaps some wanted to survive so that they could prevent this from happening again. Other out of greed. Still others wanted to survive so as to help those who'd been hurt by the war.

Githany prevents an intresting case. She would seem to have wanted much of what she had faced to end, but not all of it. That may be why she survived the effects of the thought bomb for as long as she did. In the end, because she had wanted so much to end more than she wanted things to go in, that may be why she died in the end. Others seem to have been closer to the bomb when it went off than she was. Yet they came through it looking much better than she did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.