main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Conduit (a JA/AU fic) - NOW COMPLETE! -- 3 updates: 12/31 and 1/1

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi-Fan, Nov 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I liked it! I liked the way the Kid ran into the Jedi, and how he got the idea that there might be a different man hiding under the gruff exterior. And what's this about him waiting half his life to meet a certain person? I'd like to see more soon, please!

2. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow! That was fantastic!!!! Nothing iffy about that one at all! I'm sooooo glad that Qui-Gon(if that really is him) decided to take Obi-Wan(if that really is him) up on his offer and so now they can leave the planet together! Uh, but where are they going to go, and what are they going to do? I guess I'll just have to wait and find out....
    I love this story Obi-Fan! Looking forward to more!!! :)

3. Master_Tahl

Master_Tahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2000
    You posted! now they're off on a beat up speeder, hope they have a safe journey, but then it wouldn't be much of a story if they did...

4. nitid

nitid Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2000
    Woohoo, and they're off! Half his life? HMMMMMM. Together at last, like peanut butter and jelly. :)

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Yeah!!!! A post!!!

Obi-Fan, I loved how the boy tried to tell himself he didn't care that the Jedi didn't come...how then he thought to wait till full sundown...then how he worried that he'd been missed. LOL The boy's a worry wart like me!

I love these characters!!!

6. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    Oh, that was so sweet! Not iffy at all!k
    Is this Obi-Wan and Ani, or ..... please reveal the identities soon. Course even if you don't I would still love a new post please, I like the charachters anyway!

please post

7. qoataza

qoataza Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    Hey hi there!

8. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    I believe that it is Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. If I remember correctly, the lady at the bar remarked that the man was big (Qui-Gon), Obi-Wan is about average size. I think it was also mentioned that the boy had blue/green eyes, that fits Obi-Wan!

9. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Hoping for more here. Just letting you know you I miss this story.

10. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I know it's not but, if this takes place durring the purge this would be good for Obi-Wan and Han acctually...

11. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
    no posts .... sight I was hoping... guess Obi-fan has forgoten us... <sigh.

12. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    What on earth is this doing all the way down here? UPUPUP!!!

please post soon, O-F!

13. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Obi-Fan where oh where can you be?????

I hope you return to us soon, you are very missed!!!!

14. Master_Tahl

Aug 10, 2000
    Here Obi-Fan, Obi-Fan, Obi-Fan.
    Obi-Fan?

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Obi-Fan, I hope you haven't forgotten about this little gem. I haven't!

16. Obi-Fan

Obi-Fan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2000
    So, uh... does anyone remember this story? :> I'm really really REALLY sorry, to anyone who's been waiting. Between work and holidays and the original Evil Flu Bug That Would Not Die, I haven't written so much as an e-mail in over a month!

Well, this isn't exactly a post worth celebrating for, but I needed another nothing-happens post to set up all the something-happens posts to come next.

More on this story SOON!!! I promise!!! :>

-OF

------
    The Jedi pulled himself up from a light healing trance and stared out at the landscape speeding by. When he had entered the trance--some three or four hours ago, according to his internal chronometer--the speeder's surroundings had been barren and utterly devoid of life. Such was obviously not the case here. The vast, monotonous sea of sand dunes had given way to a harsh but fertile landscape, the grasses and cacti dotting the area evidence of hidden sources of water.

Nor were plants the only form of life residing within this environment. All around him, the Jedi could detect signs of animal life--strange eyes capturing and reflecting the planet's incandescent moonlight, distant cries ringing down from the surrounding cliffs, faint rustles of creatures large and small moving throughout the desert brush.

In fact, it seemed the only area in the Jedi's surroundings that was NOT producing a sound just now was the spot occupied by the boy beside him. In the long hours since they had first struck out for Mos Eisley, the boy had aimed no more than a handful of words at his traveling companion... and those only to direct the Jedi to the supply of food and water he had stashed in the speeder's back compartment.

He supposed he should be grateful for the boy's silence. The boy was arrogant and hot-headed and positively infuriating--and he had succeeded in getting under the Jedi's skin in a way no one else had done in all his forty-some years of existence. Common sense demanded the Jedi enjoy this break from the boy's quick temper for as long as it lasted.

Yet another part of the Jedi's mind recognized his own role in creating the hostilities between them. The boy had saved his life--was even now risking his own life in order to help the Jedi once more--and in return, the Jedi had neither thanked him, nor aimed so much as a single kindness in the boy's direction. It was badly done of him, and he was no kind of Jedi at all if he did not at least try to make amends.

"Have you traveled this way often?" the Jedi asked--latching on the most innocuous subject he could find, hoping to prove he was indeed capable of holding a civilized conversation with the boy.

The boy jumped, obviously startled from his own train of thought by the Jedi's sudden question, then pulled himself together. "Often enough," he replied. He was silent for a brief moment, then his jaw tightened perceptibly. "I'm not LOST, if that's what you're asking."

The Jedi's eyes widened. "It wasn't, actually," he said, "though I appreciate the reassurance." He shook his head in mock dismay at the boy's unbelievable haste to perceive an insult, then cast about for another safe topic of conversation. Finally, he recalled his previous train of thought. "I'm surprised at the number of animals about. Are there a great many predators in these parts?"

The boy shrugged. "Some," he replied simply.

"But none that concern you when you travel at night?"

The boy's sniff was eloquent. "The only predators that concern me are the Emperor's guard," he answered, "and THEY tend to travel by day." He threw a challenging glance in the Jedi's direction. "Or had you forgotten about them already?"

The Jedi scowled. It seemed civility, at least where this boy was concerned, was a complete waste of time. Abandoning all attempts at small talk, the Jedi watched sullenly as the small transport ate up still more of the distance between them and their destination.

The boy had been nothing less than honest about his transport's capabilities, the Jedi noted reluctantly. The speeder had carried them through the rough terr

17. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    So, uh... does anyone remember this story?

I do, I do. *jumps around erractically*

I saw it brought up and hoped there was a post. *smiles happily*

I found the post wonderful. The Jedi's internal musings on the boy were great and the way you still didn't give us their names...arrggghhh!

I'll be watching for more Obi-Fan!

18. Master_Tahl

Aug 10, 2000
    You Posted!!!!! Alright they finally have a somewhat line of communication going. =)

19. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
    YOU POSTED!!!!!!YIPPIEEEEEE
    <kaylla does a little jig> A POST A POST!!!

oh, plesae, plesae please please plllleeeeaasse post soon. plese don't make us wait soooooooooooooooooooooooooo very long!

a new post! ;~D

20. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    I'm so glad you posted more this story, I've really enjoyed reading it. Sorry to hear about the flu bug, but I understand completely.

21. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Boy, do I understand about flu. Glad to see you haven't forgotten this story. That plant must be something special--a kind of living Force conduit perhaps? I liked how you teased us with the prospect of their names, and then didn't give them to us. But what's in it for the boy? Why is he doing all this? I hope to find out soon.

22. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Wow, Obi-fan, I missed this the first time around. It's great and I'm glad you are feeling better and back writing it. I am waiting with baited breath for the next post(and very much looking forward to finding out our protagonists names;-)

23. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Sorry double post

24. nitid

nitid Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2000
    Excellent. The tension between the two characters and the suspense is riveting. Hope to see more soon!

25. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
    Puleeeeezzzse post soon! pretty pretty pretty please with an Obi on top...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.