main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Conduit (a JA/AU fic) - NOW COMPLETE! -- 3 updates: 12/31 and 1/1

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi-Fan, Nov 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    More, more please more of your wonderful story, Obi-fan:)

2. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Sooo happy to see you back Obi-Fan. Sorry to hear that the flu bug played a part in your absense, but it is very good to have you back!!!!!!!

I am happy to see that Qui-Gon is starting to realize what a gem Obi is, I hope he can convey these feeling to Obi-Wan. I think they need each other for more than they realize at this time. Can't wait for more, just hope you don't make us wait as long!!!!

3. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    <sigh> no post... no post ...noooo post.... Please OBi-Fan Please post! A post would be wonderful. ...<sigh> nope, no post...

4. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    I can't wait to get more of this story. It's had such a great set-up so far and you give us so much information and yet still leave us waiting more!

Is that the beginning of a bond I can see between the two way-ward travelers...hope so!!!

Keep the posts coming.

5. Obi-Fan

Obi-Fan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2000
    Back again! I meant this section to be the one where things start heating up for our two mysterious travelers, but one paragraph turned into ten, and before I knew it I had enough material for two posts.

So, the bad news is, this is yet another section with no real action. The good news is, I'm halfway through the next section already and hope to have IT up sometime later this weekend. Till then, enjoy!

-OF

-----------------
    As night fell over the Mos Eisley spaceport, the Jedi and his companion trudged back to the beat-up old speeder. It had been a long, tiring day, and the searing heat of the planet?s suns had made the hours wear even longer; still, the sigh that passed from the Jedi?s lips as he lowered himself into his seat was not of exhaustion, but some other, unfamiliar sensation. It was several moments, and the speeder had begun winding its way through the settlement?s back alleys, before the Jedi recognized the emotion as contentment.

Contentment? the Jedi asked himself, with a quiet snort of disbelief. Where had that come from? He was a fugitive from the deadliest army this galaxy had ever known, trapped on some Force-forsaken planet in the Outer Rim, penniless, with no friends and nothing to trust but himself and, perhaps, the dubious loyalty of a high-strung and secretive twelve-year-old boy! How could he be feeling anything even -closely- resembling contentment?

He supposed it was simply his spirit?s way of celebrating a highly productive day. Despite the boy's "bad feeling" as they approached the spaceport--and despite his own, unacknowledged, concern that the Emperor's clones might be waiting for him here--their time in Mos Eisley had been surprisingly trouble-free. The pair had had no trouble blending in among the crowd at the busy spaceport; not a single white-armored suit had appeared against the backdrop of Mos Eisley?s colorful and diverse population.

More than that, the boy himself had proved an invaluable source of knowledge, guiding the Jedi unerringly to places most likely to produce a means of escape from this planet. It was only a matter of hours till the Jedi found precisely what he was looking for: a large freight transport smuggling goods to a port further out in the Outer Rim, and willing to hire an extra hand with no identification and no questions asked. All that was left was for the Jedi to keep himself--and the boy who stubbornly refused to leave his side till the Jedi was safely aboard his escape vessel--alive and undetected till the transport departed in two days.

The Jedi was pulled from his thoughts by the feel of the speeder drawing slowly to a halt. At his side, the boy pulled his pack from the back compartment and hopped from his seat.

?Here,? the boy said, gesturing at the immense structure beside them. ?We can stay here for the night.?

The Jedi stepped from the speeder and surveyed the area as closely as the hazy moonlight would allow. The Mos Eisley spaceport as a whole was by no means a prosperous settlement--but the majority of areas they traversed today had borne sign that at least SOME amount of money went into their uptake. The tall, shadowy buildings that lined this stretch of road seemed to have been given back to the desert some untold generations ago... and only chance and the sheer determination of their thick, earthen walls had thus far kept them from crumbling entirely into the sand.

"Tell me," the Jedi said, shaking his head with an air of resigned whimsy, "do you know any place to sleep on this planet that ISN'T an abandoned warehouse?"

The boy threw a dark look up at the Jedi?s features and scowled at the amusement he found lurking there. "I'm sorry," he shot back, "I didn't realize you had credits enough to spare for luxury lodging. Besides,? he added with a shrug, ?this isn't exactly an abandoned warehouse."

"Really?" the Jedi asked, a faint grin trembling at the corner of his lips. Dark Side notwithstanding, the Jedi was fast discovering how VERY much he enjoyed provoking his volatile young companion. "And what -exactly-

6. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
    a post <skip, and dance> a lovely wonderful post, and what was that Obi-Fan said, another one later this weekend!? yahoooooooo Thank you Obi-Fan!!!

oooops forgot to say wonderful post. I liked the jedi's surprize at his contentment, his admiting he liked baiting the boy, and i particularly liked his worry for the boy and what would happen if unscrupulous mean folk were to ever get ahold of him. I wonder what else the boy knows? Can't wait until you post again!

7. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, yes, the contentment was good. And the way that the Jedi liked baiting his young companion. "Don't you know any place to sleep on this planet that -isn't- an abandoned warehouse?" And what a surprise! That was well-thought-out, the way the Hutts try to skim profits off the Emperor. I like the way you still keep us guessing about the identities of the Jedi and the Boy. When you mentioned the Emperor and the stormtroopers, I thought it must be an older Obi-Wan and a young Anakin, but the mention of ginger-coloured hair brought me back to "Don't know." Good work! I'm so happy you're continuing this story, thank you so much for the post, and I hope you can give us another one soon.

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    An absolutley wonderful post.

Again Jane voiced all the finer points, so I'll just say don't hurry just to get to action scenes. I really love the quiet time spent with our two travelers and the way the Jedi is beginning to show concern for the boy.

Perhaps he'll in turn feel it necessary to watch over him.

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    You write really good action scenes...so who is this mystery Jedi?

10. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
    hm... nope next enstalment not here yet. <sigh> I can wait, yes surely I can... okay maybe not. But she may still post this weekend still one more day to the weekend... <hope, hope, hope>

11. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
    <sigh> weekend is over and no new post... <sigh> please post again soon! please please please!!!

12. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    I hope you post again soon. I am really anxious to see where this stroy goes. Hurry pretty please!

13. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Please post soon!!!!

14. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
    <sigh> following weekend is almost over and no new post... <wail>

:~(

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Just a gentle reminder that we're still interested here...

16. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
    <sigh> a few weekends later and still no Obi-Fan... aaaaaaaaa um time to start a search party. OOooooooooobii-Fan were are you?!

17. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Arrrggghhhh!!! :eek: :eek:

I thought it was finally a post!!!

18. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    Please post more story:(.

19. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Moving up from page 11!!! :(

20. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
    <snif> Over a month and noooooo post... <sigh> Oooooooooobiii-Fan where are youuuuuuuuu?!

21. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    :_| I think its dead.... :_|

22. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooo can't be dead! can't can't can't can't can't can't can't can't.... oh please don't let it be dead!

23. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    Please Obi-Fan may we have some more???????

24. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Just found this...and it's really good! Can't wait for more...but why is it JA? :confused:

25. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    p_stotts, I think this one is dead::sniff:: It was a great story but it has been months since it has been updated. I believe it is an AU JA story, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are approximately their JA ages, but it is set in an alternate universe like the title says.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.