Provo CONduit

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Renegade4E, Apr 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. Renegade4E Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I was wondering if anyone was planning on going to CONduit in May? I was a panelist at Life the Universe and Everything and someone was impressed so looks like I'll be a panelist at CONduit, too! Was wondering if anyone had gone in the past and what their impressions were, too.
  2. Marold Jedi Knight

star 6
    I know the Rebels Associated group always has a panel set up there.
  3. Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling

star 2
    What's CONduit? where's that at?
  4. Marold Jedi Knight

star 6
    It's someplace downtown. I have to check through my e-mails on the information on it. But it's basically a convention for sci-fi stuff. You can go and mingle with costume people and RPGers and a bunch of stuff.
  5. Handyman Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Greetings Everybody,

CONduit will be held at the Wyndham Hotel in downtown Salt Lake City from May 23-25. You can get more information about the con on their webpage [link=http://conduit.sfcon.org/]HERE[/link].

I might be able to go. The end of May will be an EXTREMELY busy time for me. We'll just have to see.

Later,
  6. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I'm definitely going to be at CONduit this year. I always go with my dad.

Dana
  7. Mitt Jedi Knight

star 6
    Wow, I just posted a topic about this in the SLC fan force.

I will be coming all the way from Maryland for this con! Its one of the best I've ever been to!

I'll be the girl wearing the wooden Imperial emblem pendant. :D
  8. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I'll be running around in an elf costume for a couple of days. :D

Crud, I need pointy ears . . .

Dana
  9. Renegade4E Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'll be a panelist at 12:00 Friday and 2:00 Sunday. I'll be running around wearing a Neo costume. :)
  10. Mitt Jedi Knight

star 6
    What panel will you be at?

I leave tomorrow for SLC. I hope you all are having nice weather!
  11. Handyman Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Greetings Mitt,

You're in luck. We are have nicing weather. We have sunshine all week with temperatures in the high 70's today and mid-80's the rest of the week.

I hope you have a great time at CONduit. I really wish I could be there this year but I don't have any free time available.

Enjoy your stay in Utah. ;)

Later,
  12. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    We should totally meet sometime! I'm not sure exactly when I'll be getting there, but my dad's picking me up, and I'll be there Friday sometime. I know how to spot R4E, so that shouldn't be difficult.

What time do you guys wanna meet?

Dana
  13. Renegade4E Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'll be at the Matrix and LOTR panels.

I'd love to meet up with anyone going! I don't think I'll know many people there. I'm not familiar with the Wyndham hotel layout or where we could meet, though...
  14. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    my dad's picking me up at 11, so I'm assuming we'll be there around 12, and he's got to set up the art show.

Is there gonna b a dealer's room? We could me there sometime. I don't know what the schedule's like, but if I can make it, I'm gonna go to the LOTr panels definitely, maybne the Matrix panels. That movie STILL hasn't let go of my brain. Anyway . . . why don't we try for, oh, 4 PM Friday, by the dealer's room? I mean, if we're not all in panels at that time.

But I should be fairly easy find find. I have hip-length blonde hair, I'll be wearing it in the Lórien elf style, and I'll have on a green tunic, black boots, brown leggings, black shirt with really long sleeves, and I'll probably have an empty quiver strapped to my back.

Dana
  15. Mitt Jedi Knight

star 6
    Sorry I missed those posts about meeting!

I was at the Tolkien panels. Wasn't that Phd from Purdue just the best? I was really impressed by him.

I was disappointed with this years dealers room, last years had a lot more dealers who had more items. But that was my only disappointment at this years con. I loved getting to Tri-Destiny sing so much! Three times! Got to hear my favorite songs more then once, that was too cool.
  16. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Yeah, the dealer's room sucked.

I was at the Tolkien/Jackson panel. I was the blonde in the front row who kept bringing up Arwen. And I also made the point about messing up Boromir to keep consistency.

Dana
  17. Mitt Jedi Knight

star 6
    Oh I didn't go to the Jackson one. I'm in the control group that hasn't finished the books in my family so since I hadn't finished Two Towers I didn't want any spoilers.

Did you see the guys dressed as Jedi on Saturday and then on Sunday one was dressed as a rebel pilot and the other was wearing a shirt that read, "Rebel scum kiss their sisters"?
    I think they were part of a group called the Rebel Alliance or something. They had books full of pictures and stuff about Episode I. They looked like they would be a Fan Force but since it wasn't you all and it wasn't the SLC Fan Force since none of them posted about going to Conduit.(Losers) But they had a copy personal ad from a Utah paper where a guy said he was Wedge Antilles and was seeking a woman, etc. I'd sooo love a copy of that.
    Besides Darth Jar Jar Binks, I think there might have been one or two other Jedis around. Not counting my boyfriend who was wearing his "rebel scum orange shirt".
  18. Handyman Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Greetings Mitt,

I believe I know the two guys you are talking about. Did they look like twin brothers? The guys I'm thinking about dressed as Jedi and presented a workshop called "Lightsaber 101." These guys are acutally affilated with the local Alpine Garrison of the 501st legion. One of them has a great Darth Maul costume and the other is working on Stormtrooper armor. I'm not sure if they are also affiliated with "Rebels Associated." These two guys do have a big scrapbook that they usually carry with them to events.

If these are the same guys, I can put you in touch with them if you want.

Later,
  19. Mitt Jedi Knight

star 6
    Yup thats gotta be them. I got an awesome picture of them standing with their lightsabers and they do look like twins or at least brothers. Last year at Conduit there was a guy there with a Darth Maul costume.

Well if they won't think I am a total crack head if I email them and see if I can get a copy of that personal ad then sure, thanks. :)

20. Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan

star 4
    If one of those guys goes by the name Master Shane, he also hangs out at the Rebel Legion board occasionally.
  21. Zasio Jedi Knight

star 5
    I met Mitt! I met Mitt! :D
  22. Mitt Jedi Knight

star 6
    I met Zasio! I met Zasio!

(And here I was about to yell at you for posting here and then I remember you actually live in Provo so you have more business posting here then mesa. ;))

23. Zasio Jedi Knight

star 5
    I think I posted here once like a year or forever ago . . .

What day did CONduit end on?
  24. Mitt Jedi Knight

star 6
    It ended on Sunday night.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.