main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo CONduit

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Renegade4E, Apr 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renegade4E

Renegade4E Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2002
    I was wondering if anyone was planning on going to CONduit in May? I was a panelist at Life the Universe and Everything and someone was impressed so looks like I'll be a panelist at CONduit, too! Was wondering if anyone had gone in the past and what their impressions were, too.

2. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I know the Rebels Associated group always has a panel set up there.

3. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    What's CONduit? where's that at?

4. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    It's someplace downtown. I have to check through my e-mails on the information on it. But it's basically a convention for sci-fi stuff. You can go and mingle with costume people and RPGers and a bunch of stuff.

5. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everybody,

CONduit will be held at the Wyndham Hotel in downtown Salt Lake City from May 23-25. You can get more information about the con on their webpage HERE.

I might be able to go. The end of May will be an EXTREMELY busy time for me. We'll just have to see.

Later,

6. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm definitely going to be at CONduit this year. I always go with my dad.

Dana

7. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Wow, I just posted a topic about this in the SLC fan force.

I will be coming all the way from Maryland for this con! Its one of the best I've ever been to!

I'll be the girl wearing the wooden Imperial emblem pendant. :D

8. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I'll be running around in an elf costume for a couple of days. :D

Crud, I need pointy ears . . .

Dana

9. Renegade4E

Mar 2, 2002
    I'll be a panelist at 12:00 Friday and 2:00 Sunday. I'll be running around wearing a Neo costume. :)

10. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    What panel will you be at?

I leave tomorrow for SLC. I hope you all are having nice weather!

11. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Mitt,

You're in luck. We are have nicing weather. We have sunshine all week with temperatures in the high 70's today and mid-80's the rest of the week.

I hope you have a great time at CONduit. I really wish I could be there this year but I don't have any free time available.

Enjoy your stay in Utah. ;)

Later,

12. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    We should totally meet sometime! I'm not sure exactly when I'll be getting there, but my dad's picking me up, and I'll be there Friday sometime. I know how to spot R4E, so that shouldn't be difficult.

What time do you guys wanna meet?

Dana

13. Renegade4E

Mar 2, 2002
    I'll be at the Matrix and LOTR panels.

I'd love to meet up with anyone going! I don't think I'll know many people there. I'm not familiar with the Wyndham hotel layout or where we could meet, though...

14. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    my dad's picking me up at 11, so I'm assuming we'll be there around 12, and he's got to set up the art show.

Is there gonna b a dealer's room? We could me there sometime. I don't know what the schedule's like, but if I can make it, I'm gonna go to the LOTr panels definitely, maybne the Matrix panels. That movie STILL hasn't let go of my brain. Anyway . . . why don't we try for, oh, 4 PM Friday, by the dealer's room? I mean, if we're not all in panels at that time.

But I should be fairly easy find find. I have hip-length blonde hair, I'll be wearing it in the Lórien elf style, and I'll have on a green tunic, black boots, brown leggings, black shirt with really long sleeves, and I'll probably have an empty quiver strapped to my back.

Dana

15. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Sorry I missed those posts about meeting!

I was at the Tolkien panels. Wasn't that Phd from Purdue just the best? I was really impressed by him.

I was disappointed with this years dealers room, last years had a lot more dealers who had more items. But that was my only disappointment at this years con. I loved getting to Tri-Destiny sing so much! Three times! Got to hear my favorite songs more then once, that was too cool.

16. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Yeah, the dealer's room sucked.

I was at the Tolkien/Jackson panel. I was the blonde in the front row who kept bringing up Arwen. And I also made the point about messing up Boromir to keep consistency.

Dana

17. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Oh I didn't go to the Jackson one. I'm in the control group that hasn't finished the books in my family so since I hadn't finished Two Towers I didn't want any spoilers.

Did you see the guys dressed as Jedi on Saturday and then on Sunday one was dressed as a rebel pilot and the other was wearing a shirt that read, "Rebel scum kiss their sisters"?
    I think they were part of a group called the Rebel Alliance or something. They had books full of pictures and stuff about Episode I. They looked like they would be a Fan Force but since it wasn't you all and it wasn't the SLC Fan Force since none of them posted about going to Conduit.(Losers) But they had a copy personal ad from a Utah paper where a guy said he was Wedge Antilles and was seeking a woman, etc. I'd sooo love a copy of that.
    Besides Darth Jar Jar Binks, I think there might have been one or two other Jedis around. Not counting my boyfriend who was wearing his "rebel scum orange shirt".

18. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Mitt,

I believe I know the two guys you are talking about. Did they look like twin brothers? The guys I'm thinking about dressed as Jedi and presented a workshop called "Lightsaber 101." These guys are acutally affilated with the local Alpine Garrison of the 501st legion. One of them has a great Darth Maul costume and the other is working on Stormtrooper armor. I'm not sure if they are also affiliated with "Rebels Associated." These two guys do have a big scrapbook that they usually carry with them to events.

If these are the same guys, I can put you in touch with them if you want.

Later,

19. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Yup thats gotta be them. I got an awesome picture of them standing with their lightsabers and they do look like twins or at least brothers. Last year at Conduit there was a guy there with a Darth Maul costume.

Well if they won't think I am a total crack head if I email them and see if I can get a copy of that personal ad then sure, thanks. :)

20. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    If one of those guys goes by the name Master Shane, he also hangs out at the Rebel Legion board occasionally.

21. Zasio

Zasio Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2000
    I met Mitt! I met Mitt! :D

22. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    I met Zasio! I met Zasio!

(And here I was about to yell at you for posting here and then I remember you actually live in Provo so you have more business posting here then mesa. ;))

23. Zasio

Zasio Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2000
    I think I posted here once like a year or forever ago . . .

What day did CONduit end on?

24. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    It ended on Sunday night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.