main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX CONFIRMED!!! AOTC trailer to be attached to Monsters, Inc.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Kurgan1, Oct 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    TFN just posted a sound clip of Steve Jobs himself saying that the Episode II trailer WILL be attached to Monsters, Inc. next Friday. Apparently they had a screening a few days ago and showed the trailer then, too.

Just a bit of confirmation.

2. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

Listen up, people. The SciFi Expo people will be showing a SNEAK SCREENING of Monsters, INC the Thursday before it premieres. There is a big chance - to which they can neither confirm nor deny because they don't know - that it will have AOTC in front of it. As soon as I get the details I will post an announcement on the website. So here's the plan Official outing Thurs night for Monsters, INC, THEN official outing Friday openining boxoffice at the Galaxy for Monsters, INC also.

Remember, the Thursday night screening is first come first serve. As soon as I hear from SciFiExpo folks the details, we will announce the location and times.

KEEP YOUR SCHEDULE OPEN THURS AND FRIDAY. If you can't make it, then keep your whiney-ass excuses to yourself. :) THis is what this club is all about. We're radicals, fanatics, crazy people for whom STAR WARS and the new films take presedence over family, jobs, finaces, personal hygene, etc. We camp out for months for these films, we've been known to loose jobs and marriages over this thing. It's who we are.
    This is why we're here; this is why we came!!

The Trailer A Monsters,Inc outings kick off, in full gear, the line preperations. This stuff is not for the faint of heart. If you can not handle watching with or hanging out with people who drop everything and make complete utter fools out of themselves for this sort of thing, then turn away now...it's truly frightening.

WE'RE BACK AND WE'RE BADDER THEN EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. SithDaddy

SithDaddy Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2001
    Nothing says Star Wars quite like the smell of five hundred wet, musty fanboys lined up outside the Galaxy for 24 hours! Time to get this machine rolling baby!

4. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Hear, hear, Eric. What are the dates exactly? So I can get Thursday off.

STAR WARS RULES!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

5. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    But...but....I need to watch Friends, Survivor, and ER to find out if Rachel makes it through her yearly breast exam... :(

6. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    i don't think the waco people can make it on thursday but if you guy are still planing on firday too let us know

7. m0rpheus

Nov 27, 2000
    Amidalla, we'll be doing this on Friday also. THe Galaxy box office doesn't open until noon-ish on Fri, so that should give you guys time. Hope you can make it! Wouldn't be the same without you guys.

Oh, and good thing this isn't going to be Friday NIGHT because I don't think Nabooty could pull himself away from POPSTARS on the WB.

8. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    LOL! Eric! But I wouldnt make a Sith Lord mad (reference to Joe's film)

I'll be there either day, I'll even HAVE money!!!! (gasp!)

Let us know as news hits.

9. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Nabooty can tape it :D

10. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Whew, thanks, Amidala! Have to calm down....now what did I do with that VCR remote ?[face_plain]

So...both these events are next week (November 1 and 2) ?[face_plain]

EDIT: To whet your appetite:

New Pic, No Serious Spoilers

11. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    So, Monsters Inc. this Friday at the Galaxy? Let's not wait until the last minute to plan this since the its now official.

Woo Hoo....Star Wars lives again!!! Muuhhhahhaa

12. m0rpheus

Nov 27, 2000
    Us? Plan things last minute? Never!!

I'm waiting to hear back from the manager of the Galaxy on when the box office opens Friday. I'm also waiting to hear back from Ben about the screening Thursday night. AS SOON AS WE GET WORD WE WILL OFFICIALY ANNOUNCE! So go ahead and leave your schedules open Thursday night and Friday -- ALL DAY. Do you really plan on seeing the teaser ONCE?

13. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    hello everyone

just let us know the time :D

14. super_hyper_melanie

super_hyper_melanie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    well there were a couple of screenings saturday for monstors inc, but the one i was at didn't actually show the trailer but just gave us all the heads up that the trailer would be shown when monstors inc officially hits theaters on friday....i personally probably won't catch the trailer until my friend wants to go see monstors inc, cause i might go again just to see the trailer...i don't know, but if you go, don't just watch the trailer and leave, stay for monstors inc...it's a really funny movie.

15. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    i hope it's a good trailer....well I mean it is Star Wars, but it better be like TPM teaser trailer...it's got to catch everybody

16. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    I once again have my Royal Starship running, so will be in attendance, NO DOUBTS THERE!!!

17. JediMojoMongoose

JediMojoMongoose Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2001
    yeah, the trailer is gonna kick ass, i hope. it better be better thatn code red mountain dew, or atleast a really good five iron frenzy concert

18. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Morpheus wrote: "Do you really plan on seeing the teaser ONCE?"

Yes, but I also plan on seeing it during the first showing. :D

The teaser will be kick-ass but it's also very short in length. Not to give anything away for those who don't want to know specifics; there is no sound on it other than Vader breathing (maybe some music too). I know it's going to go by fast and I wish they could play it 10 times in a row. It will be followed a very cool movie too.

It will be somewhere on the internet by midnight Friday also. ;)

19. m0rpheus

Nov 27, 2000
    Announcements have been made. Check out the DFW site for details, then come back to this thread for discussion.

20. super_hyper_melanie

super_hyper_melanie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    yah, it'll be on the net my at the latest midnight on friday, probably earlier, but seeing as there's no doubt that that will happen since i've already seen monstors inc i probably won't go see it again just to see that trailer.

21. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    9am i guess i can talk the boys into cutting class [face_mischief]

we'll finalize our plans tonight at the meeting

22. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    I just got my hyperdrive working last night...so I will be up there

23. m0rpheus

Nov 27, 2000
    Correction to the news article for the Thursday night MONSTERS, INC screening.

PASSES ARE "ADMITE ONE". So, if you want in on this, it's first come first serve Thursday night. I can tell you that Kevin and I (we have the passes) will be there between 5 and 6pm with the passes. That's when you want to get there if you plan on joining us.

24. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    I hate to burst the bubble for the Thursday screening but here is some news to take into account. Lucasfilm and Fox have banned any theatres from showing the teaser before Friday's official premere. This info was all over the Force.net several days ago after Scott and Josh got pissed when they were invited to a Monsters Inc screening and not allowed to view the teaser before it. That's probibally why you didn't see it super_hyper_melanie. Oh well, we'll all have our fill of it on Friday. :D

25. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Yes, but there have also been many advance screenings of it where the trailer WAS shown, most notably the one where Steve Jobs introduced it.

And considering this screening will be the night before release, I would imagine it will be a final release print with the trailer attached.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it on Thursday or Friday, because I'll be in New Orleans. I guess I'll just try to catch it on Sunday evening when I get back. =(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.