main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX CONFIRMED!!! AOTC trailer to be attached to Monsters, Inc.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Kurgan1, Oct 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Watch for the 300ZX Royal Starship to be making the Galaxy Run in less than 12 parsecs...I'll be hauling Nabooty from w*rk to the theater Thursday night!

And I've just made a deal that should ensure my attendance on Friday too :cool:

2. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Well, Steve Jobs does not equal normal people.

LFL has stated that under no circumstances will the trailor be played before regular Fri viewings. The theater can easly attach it to the print when it is time to run it for fri, but unless the projectionist is willing to give up his job, and/or possably get sued by LFL, then I'd doubt that it will be attached.

So, my question is, who knows the projectionist for the AMC Odyssey? And will they say if it will be attached or not.

3. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    The Jobs screening was NOT the only one where the trailer has been shown. They are making special exceptions, hence all of the trailer reviews.

4. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Well, that's why I want to know. Like Melanie
    said, It wasn't on her viewing.

I have tickets to see the new Cohen Bros film Thurs at the same time. I'd rather go see Monsters, but if the trailer is'nt going to be attached, then I'd rather see the other movie and go to Monsters Fri, morn.

So, again, does anyone know the projectionist?

5. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    We will be there around 10 since none of us want to leave at 6:45 am

What kind of line should we expect?

6. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    The info from tf.n about studios being angry for the teaser being attached to Monsters Inc. makes it seem likely it will be on the release version of the print we'll see Thursday night:

Under Motion Picture Assn. of America guidelines, only 2-1/2 minutes of trailer time may be attached to the feature at the film lab. An attached trailer plays more frequently and in more prominent slots than trailers shipped separately to exhibitors.

The MPAA makes an exception for one film per studio per year, allowing the attached running time to reach four minutes. People familiar with the ""Monsters'' case believe the one-time exemption was taken, enabling the ""Clones'' trailer and one for Disney's ""Lilo & Stitch'' cartoon to run two minutes apiece.

Lucasfilm and Pixar share deep roots. Lucasfilm holds a financial stake in Pixar, which started as the computer animation unit of Lucasfilm before being sold to Apple in 1986.

But, as always, time will tell....

7. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Probably not that big of a line. Just a few of us...

8. Sirikus_Willowbend

Sirikus_Willowbend Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2000
    yes! I shall actually be there for the trailer, but unfortunately due to classes i won't be making the first showing of it at the galaxy - but I'll damned sure be there for the second, with several of my fanatic friends in tow =)

so we're going to start making plans for the line as well - grrrr... i would have to decide to go and get an education this year - sheesh.... no more weeks of being in line for me =/

Jon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.