main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Confirmed, confirmed, confirmed!!! C4 in LA!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I checked it out... it's USD$154.10/night for a room with 2 queen-sized beds... multiply that by 4 nights, then divide by 4 ppl and it works out to $154.10/person, which isn't too bad, I guess. I wanna be in a full room though... it's quite a hit to only divide it by 2 people like I had to last time...

converting that to CDN$ it comes out to $172.43... I'd budget CDN$200 for hotels while we're there, not counting road hotels (we might need one, at most 2)

I'd say about CDN$400 altogether for hotels, about USD$110 for the pass (CDN$121.66), about $20 for food, and whatever you wanna spend for goodies down there... oh yeah, and gas.

Ouch... gas will be a killer. It costs up $90 to fill up a tank in one of those big vans, but their mileage is pretty good... I got to the far side of Spruce Grove and back to Enoch without using up a full 1/8th of a tank. Gimme a minute and I can have a rough estimate for the cost of gas....

2. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    What gave you the idea it doesn't have a hot tub? It has a pool so it more than likely has a hot tub. And even if it doesn't I don't think that's a deal breaker. :p
    I definately sounds like the way to go. It looks to be about the same distance as most of the other options. Unless we go with one of the two right there, it's going to be a bit of a walk either way. (I'd rather something the other way just because the location in relation to other things is better)

3. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    its an outdoor pool though :p , it seems much more reasonably priced than a lot of other places in the area. gotta remember we'll probalby be gone much longer than last time too, cause we'll probably want to get there earlier and stay later. i dunno its just a suggestion. there aren't a lot of great options in that area. i guess we'll have to take what we can get

gas shouldn't be too bad with so many people chipping in. we'll see

4. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I don't care about the distance so long as it's reasonable... it's just nice to soak in a hot tub after hours of walking around the con floor.

Okay, so if I did my math right, and if we assume that gas is $1.20/litre, then it'll cost about $814.46 both ways to fill up the tank... now if we get a load of, say, 12 people, that's a little under $70/person (not bad). I wouldn't wanna cram more than 12 people in one of those vans, with all of our gear/etc (even if it has a luggage rack).

I'd set aside $100 for gas...

Now, IF the rates from that website still apply next year (and if we can rent from them) then the van itself will cost $170/person.

Okay, so the (very) preliminary total budget is:

$950.00 - $1,000 (CDN)

Now, that's just to get down there and back, and doesn't include goodies at the con itself, but just the necessities, like, pass, food, hotel, gas, and transportation... all in all it's a bit cheaper than C3 was.

I'm going to try and put aside $1500

5. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    how many hotel nights have you budgeted for?

i'm thinking we might want to leave the saturday before and probably won't get back till the saturday after the con, what is everyone else thinking?

6. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I estimated 6 nights in total (2 there and back, 4 down there) and then I added in a good chunk in case we end up needing an extra night somewhere.

7. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
  8. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    so if were roadtripping please tell me were gonna try and get a van or something, they gotta let us take one, if were going with calgary maybe they have a way or thinking it up.

9. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    Ditto.

10. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Also Sheena is coming along so at least we'll have a huge group

11. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    I've booked my room at Quality Inn, a room with two beds and 4 people is $209 plus 14% tax a night, same room with two people is $189 a night, a one bedroom room is $169 a night. I booked mine from May 21 - Jun 1

12. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    We'll be booking shortly, Faye wants to get AMA before we do anything.
    We were looking at the calender and thinking we could do all the Hollywood stuff like Universal and La Brea before the Con and Anahiem after. We're also thinking of switching hotels after the Con so we're in Anahiem (yes I love the Ressidence Inn down there :p ). They have a shuttle bus that would take us to the park, so no car needed.

Air Miles have Hollywood City Passes for 400 miles. All the Disneyland passes are too many points and 5 or 7 day park hoppers.

13. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    Thanks Liann. :)

14. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
  15. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    *humming Star Wars theme*

[image=http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0007738.jpg]

16. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    cool, kinda retro

17. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I drove the same way when I moved down here to California. It's a beautiful drive, although Salt Lake City can catch you off guard... 2 lane road is suddenly a 12 lane freeway... ;)

18. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    cool, i think we're all planning on flying now though

19. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Probably cheaper to fly too. You should be able to get a roundtrip ticket for near $300 to LAX...

20. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    HEY

if you change your mind and drive, make sure you tell me... cause then i will book my flight to edmonton so i can go w you all!

BTW, ah, when we go to hotels, we never tell them the full occupancy, especially for cons, last con we had ten people in the room on the Saturday night. And when we went to Ottawa we said there was two people in the room and there was actually four... (it was an acciedent)

air matresses and little camp beds work well for extra people in a room. Its not like anyone really slept when we went to Indy anyway... haha.

anyway, me and Troy are comming with the Monsters in tow. Miss y'all can't wait til C4.

21. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    sorry told them how many people are actually in your room

22. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Well if it's confirmed that everyone's flying then I won't be going. I can't see myself catching a bus, and I don't like flying.

23. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    yesh it takes less time to fly and I can't take all my holdicays in those two weks again, it drains me for the rest of the year.

Maybe there is soemway we can get ya there buddy

24. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    Statistics show that it's still the safest way to travel. ;)

25. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    the bus isn't that bad Berxy me love remember that's how this kitty got to Indy.

hey do they have Steak n Shake in California??????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.