main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Confirmed, confirmed, confirmed!!! C4 in LA!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    no steak and shake :(

2. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    noooooooooooooooo i want Steak n Shake. thats soooo depressing.

ah well DISNEYLAND [face_dancing]

3. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Truth be told I don't really feel much like going. To me, more than half the fun of the last one was the trip.

Oh, I know. I have no problem with flying itself. That part's fun. It's the whole airport experience. I hate customs, I hate dealing with security, I hate feeling like cattle...

Anyway, knock back a shot of SoCo for me, guys :)

4. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    They've got something better than Stake n Shake down here... It's called In 'n' Out. Better service, better food, and cheaper too... :D

5. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    blasphemy, theres nothing better than steak and shake :p

6. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    we'll take your word on cheapier

7. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Everything on the menu is under $5. You can get a large shake for ~$1. The style reminds me of Pete's in Calgary...

8. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I guess the Quality Inn has gotten some kinda bad reviews according to the C4 thread at the Rebel Legion. I'm willing to take most things witha grain of salt though. The Ramada inn Limited is like a mile away but seems to have good prices and reviews I'm told there. Anyone have and info?

9. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    yeah we should look into changing hotels, gonna take a look around and see what might be good

10. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    some were saying the comfort inn sounds nice, didn;t we stay with them last time, that wa s anice place

11. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    supossidly the ramada inn limited downtown are good rates and so is the comfort inn, I don't know distance from the CC but it shouldn't be huge. Anyone wanna call and take a look at rates and availibility

12. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    i can do that

13. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    I haven't personally checked it out yet, but there is supposed to be an excellent train system downtown between the convention center and the major hotels that a mile or two away...

14. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    kinda having a hard time finding anything else, was thinking we should go with the block rooms when they are released, what does everyone think? we can all try and reserve there rooms when getting our passes and who ever gets the best or we can decides whos reservation we like the best then cancel the rest? thoughts?

15. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    for those of you who aren't already registered with gen con you can register now to be ready for when tickets go on sale, i still seem to be registered from last year, lucked out and guessed the right username and password :p

16. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    The Official Site has announced that tickets go on sale Monday at 12:00 PST!

17. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    yay finally :D

18. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    so if we're changing hotels does everyone know when they are planning to go down for so we can book new dates, i was thinking of going down the wednesday or thursday and coming back tuesday, thoughts?

was thinking, i think we still just need 3 rooms so if everyone just trys to reserve three when they buy their pass then we can cancel what we don't need after that jsut so we can get three rooms and if everyone trys we should be able to get something.

19. MaraJadeEmperorsHand

MaraJadeEmperorsHand Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2002
    Another idea is to check out the California fan sites. The Sacramento Valley Rogue Force has some good intel. Goodluck! Hope to see you guys down there.

20. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    So where is everybody staying in the Edmonton group. Most of us from Calgary are at the Shereton. We couldn't get into the Holiday inn which was right across the street from the convention center. So I guess we have a 2 block walk to C4.

21. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    I don't think any of us are going. :( The call of Dragon Con was just too strong.

22. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    WHAT?! Nobody is going to C4 from here?

;O

23. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Nobody going. The biggest Star Wars Party in the universe and your going to dragon con. We have a large group going down to C4. I think we have at least 15 or 16 going.

24. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    yeah we decided to go to dragoncon instead. Most of us have done celebration before so we thought we'd try something new

Hope you all have a good time :)

25. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    DragonCon is teh Awesome. I'm not surprised people would chose it over Celebration.

Because I've never been before, I'm going to C4 for the experience and the camaraderie. In future Celebration years, I can make make an informed decision between the two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.