Official Info Confirmed. Disney To Release Additional Films Based On ‘Star Wars’ Characters

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Vastor, Feb 5, 2013.

?

Want to see character from movies or EU

Movies 59 vote(s) 25.5%
Movies and EU. 156 vote(s) 67.5%
EU only 16 vote(s) 6.9%
  1. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    I wouldn't mind a padawan Qui-Gon/Master Dooku movie - not my first choice but not my last. Better than Boba, IMHO.
  2. P.Sam Jedi Master

star 1
    Yoda remains a mistery and so a story that rerace his origin make sense and will draw the attention of the SW fandom and even a global audience that's for sure. That's a winning formula for Lucasfilm/Disney. In the EU, I think Yoda is a central character in only on book which is named: Yoda: Dark Rendez-vous. So the character has been barely touched.

But for a spin-off about Han Solo, I must say that it isn't necessery. There is already an excellent trilogy about the character called: The Han Solo trilogy by Ann C. Crispin. It is what can be considered SW of very good taste with interesting intrigues and twists and truns. So I see no need to rewritte the past of Han Solo... It would be a pity. If spin-off about solo there must be, why not adapt the books into films? That seems to me a good idea. Some respect for the EU is needed please!
    Last edited by P.Sam, Feb 8, 2013
  3. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Tarantino really can now do a Star Wars movie

[IMG]
  4. Pro Scoundrel Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, nothing earth shattering, but for some reason this article got me really excited all over again. I guess I just have a lot of faith in these writers. Perhaps my overconfidence is my weakness, or my faith in the writers is. :)
  5. Darthgoodguy Jedi Master

star 1
    You know, I thought it sounded extremely stupid when I first heard about it and even that first episode when he returned. "Spider-Maul? Off his rocker? This isn't Darth Maul!". But I stuck with it and like many others who decided to just give it a shot and go along for the ride, I found an intriguing, deeply compelling character arc in Maul's Return.

This is a man who was cut in half and left for dead 12 years prior and only kept alive by his hatred, force of will, and Will of the Force. When we catch up with him, he's in the depths of madness and the next few episodes are spent dealing with that and his desire for revenge against Kenobi.

Really though it was only this season after the second episode of his latest arc when he truly became utterly fascinating to watch! As we see him devise and subsequently execute his new plans for the galaxy, we finally see why Sidious chose Maul as his apprentice.

In The Phantom Menace we only saw an attack dog but a Sith Lord needs the whole package! Strategy, deception, intimidation, negotiation, and brute force are all brought to bear in a way that is so compelling that the only negative to this whole arc are the pangs of regret I feel when I imagine the way the prequels COULD have been.

I cannot recommend these latest episodes highly enough!
    Last edited by Darthgoodguy, Feb 8, 2013
  6. Bobatron Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Why are people confusing this as merely a Disney desire? Lucas didn't just get bought out by Disney, he decided to sell the company partly to jumpstart the franchise and allow more stories and content galore. Why is this a bad thing and being now considered as a "money grab"? Hasbro has been milking STAR WARS (and GI Joe and Transformers and everything else it buys up) for the past several years. "Revenge of the Jedi" figures line, "Fan Favorites", "Vintage Collection", another Vader, another R2 unit, (another Snake Eyes, another Beach Head), etc. What do people want, more video releases and more books and more visual dictionaries of the same stuff?
    Last edited by Bobatron, Feb 8, 2013
  7. DiditAllForTheWookie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yarna D'al Gargan solo film.

Yeah, I just made you google.
  8. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    They should do a faithful adaptation of The Glove of Darth Vader.

When I'm dead.
  9. LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost

star 4
  10. Pro Scoundrel Force Ghost

star 4
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  11. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    I would hate to leave our fates in the hands of your rather fragile existence.
    Darth Chiznuk and Graphic like this.
  12. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Yeah I'm 96 years old, and I am going to die in the next day or so.
    Krueger likes this.
  13. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    You could be in perfect shape, and step in front of a bus tomorrow. Then what? THEN WHAT?!?! CHANNING TATUM AS TRIOCULUS?!?!

Won't Someone Please Think Of The Children?!
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  14. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    They're also going to have Justin Bieber and Nickleback write the soundtrack.
  15. lbr789 Jedi Master

star 1
    I can see the opening crawl now- "Dark Greetings have been bid to the galaxy . . ."
    Last edited by lbr789, Feb 9, 2013
  16. MasAnuca Jedi Youngling

17. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
  18. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    lbr789 likes this.
  19. Pro Scoundrel Force Ghost

star 4
    Agreed. I do find it interesting that they mention EU characters on businessinsider.com of all places.
  20. MasAnuca Jedi Youngling

thats why i had to put it up! I saw Revan and the mention of Nihlius and Traya and was like, this..this is legit right here
    Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  21. The Hellhammer 7SA Forum Interrogator

Game Host
    star 5
    I hope they won't because if we get a Children of the Jedi movie...we're FUBAR.
    LawJedi likes this.
  22. Pro Scoundrel Force Ghost

star 4
    The children can fend for themselves. :)
  23. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    They should make a Babies of the Jedi movie with talking babies.
  24. Darth_Zidious Force Ghost

star 4
    Star Wars: Look Who's Tarkin
  25. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Baby Tarkin voiced by Bruce Willis?