main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Confirmed. Disney To Release Additional Films Based On ‘Star Wars’ Characters

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Vastor, Feb 5, 2013.

?

Want to see character from movies or EU

1. Movies

59 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. Movies and EU.

156 vote(s)
    67.5%
  3. EU only

16 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Darth Dru

Darth Dru Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Mace Windu, Darth Maul, Quinlin Vos, Darth Plagueis, Qui-Gon Jinn, and a Darth Vader spin-off set between 3 & 4 would all be good to see. I'd pay to see them.

2. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    No terrible eu plz. Thxkbai!

3. herp_derp

herp_derp Jedi Padawan

Nov 9, 2011
    Omg no Darth Vader spin offs he already got his movies... called all the prequels.

Ryus and Sitara like this.
  4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Mynock spin-off or I boycott Disney.

5. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Personally, I would really like to see an Obi-Wan movie set between RotS and ANH. Would be an excellent way to use the 'Seven Samurai' approach as well.

A story set a long time before the Prequels (KotOR was rumored, after all) could also possibly take that approach.

resnictem and TreborSabreon like this.
  6. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    My question is, has work begun on one or more of the spin-offs? Meaning if Abrams does get Episode 7 pushed back, is it possible that one of the spin-offs could actually beat it to the theatre?

7. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I'm under the impression that Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are, at the very least, planning out potential stories for the spin-off films. That being said, I doubt that one of them will beat Episode VII to the theater. Disney/Lucasfilm already made it quite clear that Episode VII is their top priority at the moment.

JainaSoloYJK and TreborSabreon like this.
  8. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I think that got debunked a month or two ago. As far as I know Kasdan is working with Arndt on the Episode VII script.

I always like the Crimson Empire comics, they might make good material to use for a movie.

9. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Oh to be a fly on the wall when those two are writing scripts. ;)

10. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013

If I recall correctly, I think Kasdan is supervising while also working on something of his own... I could be wrong, though, so don't believe me without checking sources first.

Anyways, regardless of what Kasdan is exactly doing, Episode VII will be the first Star Wars film we see from Disney/Lucasfilm.

11. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    The one-eyed monster in the Death Star trash compactor deserves his own series. ;)

12. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Watched Caravan of Courage last night. Never realised there were horses, rabbits, chickens, llamas and ferrets living wild on the forest moon of Endor.

Anyway, they've gotta do a modern take on Cindel and Mace. If any characters from the GFFA need a film to garner interest from a new audience, it's gotta be them. (oh, and Deej)

13. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Clearly Mon Julpa from the Droids series needs his own spin off film, if not an entire trilogy.

14. jnrssa

jnrssa Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2013
    the adventures of salacious b crumb

15. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I want a film dedicated to the love story of Fixer and Cammie.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That would be brilliant. And also terrible. But brilliant.

DarthPoppy likes this.
  17. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    What they need to do is make a sequel to complete that trilogy.

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want a movie made where Dexter tries to find love at his diner.

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007

20. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Jar-Jar Binks needs his own trilogy. Oh my god, this character is the epitome of suave and coolness...

DarthPoppy likes this.
  21. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Meesa no think so! Meesa just need a standalone spinoff movie. Whata meesa saying?

22. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Meesa would be a stupid spin-off filmsa. [face_laugh] [face_rofl]

EDIT I would love to see a spin-off film on how Savage found darth maul and took him in his care and too see Darth maul ready for revenge!!!!!!!!

23. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I don't know, I think TCW already butchered that idea enough. :p

24. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    I'd love a full Wookie or R2D2 movie - no subtitles tho.

Ackbar's rise to Rebellion leader, without him once mentioning the word TRAP!!

In all seriousness it's probably going to be a Fett story Jango or Boba. The ability to bring in other Bounty hunters would be great. They're all masked or CGI/puppet so consistency in actors isn't an issue, plus they are diverse characters so lots of toys selling potential!!

25. Marc McAllister

Marc McAllister Jedi Padawan

Mar 14, 2013
    If they have to do a Han Solo prequel and recast Harrison Ford then i want Disney to do movies about what happened between ROTJ and Episode VII as well as whatever the Han movie is about. I really cannot see Boba Fett getting his own movie, he will be one of the villians in a Han Solo movie with Jabba, Lando and Chewbacca. Darth Vader should get his own movie and chase down Obi Wan and Yoda. It could explain the cave scene from The Empire Strikes Back if Vader had been there before. Some of the EU really sucked, it was a bad as the PT. Jacen Solo took from 26 aby until 40 aby to turn evil and once he did it took 3 months to kill him. 14 years to take over the world as Vergere and Lumiya had planned for him, and he only stayed on top of the mountain for less than 4 months. Why? So as much as i love Mara, Ben, Jaina, Jacen, Anakin, Kyp, Kyle, Tahiri, Tenel, Jag, Saba, Corran, Tycho et.al the Spinoff movies should be about Characters from the Movies who aren't Anakin or Luke. Like Obi Wan, Vader, Han or they should be original stories featuring Luke, Han and Leia set post ROTJ explaining what has happened.