main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Confirmed. Disney To Release Additional Films Based On ‘Star Wars’ Characters

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Vastor, Feb 5, 2013.

?

Want to see character from movies or EU

1. Movies

59 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. Movies and EU.

156 vote(s)
    67.5%
  3. EU only

16 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Tom Hardy or Benedict Cumberbatch?

2. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Tom Hardy should play Darth Malak.
    Have him forever typecast as the villain with his mouth masked.

Darth Venator, Darkslayer and Jcuk like this.
  3. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    What I'm saying is, Ridley Scott did not write the script. Supply him a tighter, more cohesive script and let him do what he does best behind the camera and things could turn out great.

Also, this is completely irrelevant, but I like Prometheus quite a bit. I just wish they gave the script another revision or two before they shot it.

4. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Yeah Prometheus was a bit strange but wasn't all bad and your shooting the man down for ONE film. Alien, Black Rain, Black Hawk Down, Gladiator, Hannibal, Kingdom of Heaven ( ok maybe not that one lol) The man has directed some terrific films.

5. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I blame Supernatural. I bet that show has such a big, constricting contract that he can't do films that require more than a couple months of filming/require years of commitment *could explain why his past films were like cheap horror films/voice work that I bet take only a week to film*. Tis a shame, he's a good actor *especially in Supernatural* but sooner or later he's gunna become too old for the roles we want him for *kinda like what happened with Nathan Fillion*

Darth Venator likes this.
  6. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    If it were up to me, apart from the O3 the entire cast would be British actors (Harumph!!) :)

7. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Not shooting down Ridley Scott as much as I'm shooting down the idea of a Blade Runner sequel, which to me sounds as the most unnecessary sequel ever and also a great way to ruin a legacy.

8. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    That I can agree with. Blade Runner is an excellent film and one of my favorites, but I don't really see the need to tell any more of that story. Granted, I would like seeing more of that world, but I'm not sure it really warrants a sequel...

GunganSlayer likes this.
  9. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Yeah no need for a Blade Runner sequel whatsoever I agree. But despite that, at the moment I can't get the idea of Daniel Day Lewis playing a Sith Lord (dream dream dream)

10. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    The idea out of my head

11. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Blade Runner is a masterpiece on too many levels to list here, hahah. Certainly one of my all time favorites. One of the things that make it so perfect is the fact that it's complete. I'm all for seeing more of the franchises I love but that thought never even occured to me with Blade Runner. All I want is in that one package. Sure, seeing more of the universe of BR could be quite fun, but as long as it's completely disconnected from the original.

On the other hand, Star Wars (swinging back on topic :p ) is quite open for many, many, many possible spin-offs. Personally, I think they'll want to start a new storyline at some point with a new and original character we've not seen so far, probably set in the far future or the distant past of the GFFA. That doesn't rule out seeing any existing characters get their own movies or mini-series, but the more I think about it, the more I hope they go for a fresh character ensemble.

Jcuk likes this.
  12. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    If you're throwing in Daniel Day-Lewis, I'm thinking Gary Oldman or Tim Roth for similar.

13. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    All of them would be amazing. I don't see DDL doing it, but the other two have shown a willingness to do franchises.

EDIT: Looking at his filmography, it appears DDL has never done a sci-fi or fantasy film! Too bad.

14. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    All fantastic actors

15. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    DDL would only do it if he knew he was guaranteed for an oscar or if it was the most amazing script ever

16. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Tim Roth as an evil, twisted, conniving b*****d would be sick! But also clever and hard as nails.

17. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    Roth would make a seminal villain. DDL would too, but I'd imagine Star Wars would lack Oscar appeal and maybe be a bit 'beneath' him unfortunately!

As for Oldman? Yes! But as an old Jedi master/wiseman/healer type figure... I think his villain days are over in my eyes.

18. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Tom wilkinson would be good for a role too in my opinion. For those of you who don't know him he was the underworld boss in Batman Begins. The one who the scarecrow sent mad. Terrific actor.

19. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    As a slight extension on the casting debate... I've been wondering whether to expect a certain type of actor in one of the 'big bad' roles, and who it may be...

Obviously, there is a group of movie Gods with classical, theatrical training that are sheer powerhouses - Ian McDiarmid, Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, Alec McGuinness... You get the picture, right? That certain special calibre of actor, from a different generation.

I hope we'll see an actor from the same ilk as these guys, legendary screen royalty!

EDIT: Any suggestions from you guys on who this could be?

Jcuk likes this.
  20. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

British and elderly. Talk about the snob factor.

21. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    No snob factor involved. FACT yes.

22. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    True to a point - but consider SW's casting choices with McDiarmid, Cushing, Lee, McGuinness... It'd be a shame to see this trend die.

23. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Guinness, not McGuinness ;)

24. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    I clearly got caught up in the 'Mc' mode after writing McDiarmid and McKellen! Haha, I almost started writing about classic British actor McNugget too :p

bstnsx704 and darklordoftech like this.
  25. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    Where's the snob factor about this? It's in keeping with what's gone before.