main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Confirmed. Disney To Release Additional Films Based On ‘Star Wars’ Characters

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Vastor, Feb 5, 2013.

?

Want to see character from movies or EU

1. Movies

59 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. Movies and EU.

156 vote(s)
    67.5%
  3. EU only

16 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. YodaDooDahDay

YodaDooDahDay Jedi Padawan star 3

Jul 20, 2010
    Well, so much for "we're cancelling 3D AOTC and ROTS so we can focus 100% on Episode VII." Really, Disney? So much for that lame*** excuse.

2. GarithTannis

GarithTannis Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2010
    In all honesty, I wasn't all that interested, beyond seeing them in theaters again. 3D movies can be good. 3D conversions are a waste.

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  3. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Yeah but would have loved to have seen the OT on the big screen again. Would have gotten me so hard

JainaSoloYJK and yggdrasil311 like this.
  4. GarithTannis

GarithTannis Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2010
    Well that's good to know. What theaters do you frequent? I'll be sure to steer clear.

5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    They can still re-release the OT in cinemas before the Ep7 comes out if they really want to. It's not as if they wouldn't earn money from that.

6. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    Does anyone else worry that, with all these films, the Star Wars name will become meaningless?

I mean, if I'm watching a film with no Skywalkers, no Empire, no familiar characters at all, why call it Star Wars at all? Why not make it a different sci-fi film all together?

7. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Begun the milking of the franchise has

yggdrasil311 and DarthBreezy like this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm not really concerned. To me it will be like the EU on screen and I'll just pick and choose which ones to watch. An EU of films is pretty cool to me.

9. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
  10. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    The milking of this franchise began a loooooong time ago. It didn't start with Disney nor will it end with Disney. How many books have we had? How many comics? How many toys? Yeah no one has ever milked Star Wars before now.

11. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I really think that I'm going to want to avoid seeing these spin offs until after I've seen the ST in full... seeing these spin offs would distract me from the main saga too much.

I'll probably get them after I get my ST box set.

12. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    Well I personally think they should release their ST and then WAIT. At least 5 years to 10 years before Episode X.

Star Wars WAS hyped so much because it was an event. It wasn't every year, it came and went.

Spin offs are fine, but I don't think a new star wars film every year will work.

Star Wars movies will start making less money. Imagine if a SW movie makes as little as the incredible hulk or captain america? Its not impossible, I think a spinoff might do mediocre success if the saga is milked.

Or this:

One trilogy a decade. 2010's will get VII-IX 2015-2019

2020's will get X-XII maybe 2025-2029

once this ST is done, they should just wait a bit you know? Keep em special events!

13. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    1 Boba Fett movie please!

14. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I understand what some mean by not wanting spin-offs during the ST run. I have TCW on DVD but I have watched it to make up for the apparent lack of SW movies after ROTS. Now there will be more movies again, I am not sure gettign involved with all the spin-off material at the same time won't be too much.

15. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    I agree, eventually there will be something for everyone. If Pixar makes a Star Wars movie meant for kids, I'll probably just disregard it and wait patiently for a movie that intrigues me.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. metr0man

metr0man Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2012
    I dunno. what makes Star Wars special is the way how each film feels like an "event". The idea of a different movie coming every year... talk about running a good thing into the ground.

Focus on making an awesome core trilogy first. Give us that legendary trilogy... then ejaculate all the spinoffs you want. Don't kill the brand before Episode 9 is complete.

my kind of scum and El_Machete12 like this.
  17. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I just don't get that attitude. If you don't want spinoff Star Wars movies, don't watch them. What could be simpler? You even save money!

FRAGWAGON, stormcloud8, Chels and 2 others like this.
  18. YodaDooDahDay

Jul 20, 2010
    They would've made money off AOTC and ROTS 3D too, especially since the conversion work has already been completed. But clearly their excuse that they can't do it because they have to "focus 100%" on Episode VII was a lie -- this news proves it. The real truth is that Fox still has a release contract for the existing films through 2020. So that means no OT or PT releases, theatrical or home video, until after then. I just wish Disney would be honest about it.

Count Yubnub, 07jonesj and LawJedi like this.
  19. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    The best part of the article on TFN is that Kasdan is consulting Abrams on Ep VII.

20. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I want an Ahsoka movie. No, I'm not joking.

Vastor, Chels, Hail_Pizza and 2 others like this.
  21. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Ah, okay. Thanks for that info, wasn't aware of it.

Thank goodness we already got the blu-rays! :p

22. YodaDooDahDay

Jul 20, 2010
    Yeah, but MANY of us were looking forward to seeing these in theaters and maybe getting 3D blu-rays in another year or two. Seriously, my kid will be in college the next time there will be a new release of the existing films and that sucks. It also is a BIG strike for me against Disney's management of Lucasfilm that they won't be upfront with the fans about why and then use a lame 'we're doing it for the fans' excuse. New films and stand alones, I'm all for it.

LawJedi likes this.
  23. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    And Lucas didn't ?

24. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    I think "too much Star Wars" is better than "not enough Star Wars" so I'm all for spin off movies but maybe they should pace themselves.

Maybe if they waited like 4 years after Episode IX to do the first spin off, and then a spin off movie every 5 years after that. That way there would never be a really long gap between movies but there wasn't a cluster **** of movies.

2015: Episode VII
    2018: Episode VIII
    2021: Episode IX
    2025: Yoda
    2030: Boba
    2035: Vader
    2040: KOTOR

You can't please everyone but something like this might make most people happy?

25. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    The deal with Disney is getting better all of the time! If they can pull this off I will be broke! Yes, there are milking the cow. This is America, that's what we do!

GunganSlayer and Cad Carnage like this.