main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Confirmed. Disney To Release Additional Films Based On ‘Star Wars’ Characters

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Vastor, Feb 5, 2013.

?

Want to see character from movies or EU

1. Movies

59 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. Movies and EU.

156 vote(s)
    67.5%
  3. EU only

16 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    They could also cast a woman in the role of secret apprentice. So far we haven't gotten one female main villain in the movies. It's time to give us the first Sith Lady.

DEATHCONQUEROR and Vastor like this.
  2. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah i think alot of fans are ready for female Sith lord.Found some nice picks [face_coffee]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Always this obsession with hoods. :p There are some nice female Sith designs in the EU, which are a bit more complex than "attractive lady in Sith robe".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  4. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    That last one is pretty Hot!

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  5. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Nice Pics, I like the last one! She Hot until she removes her mask then she looks like the predetor!
    =((

6. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    In EU she is a Cyborg without a body. :p

But yes, the general design is pretty cool!

7. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    For the standalone movies I would love to see:
    1. Asoka
    2. Rogue Squadron / Corran Horn
    3. Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand
    4. Alien Prequel Jedi actually doing things: Aayla Secura, Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, Shaak Ti, Bariss Ofee (and throw in Obi-Wan too!)
    5. Mandalorians: Bo-Katan, Death Watch, I guess Boba Fett too.

As to having a female villain: they should really cast more than one major female character per trilogy....!
    Revan should have been canonically female, if Revan was going to have a gender at all. They missed a great opportunity there.
    [​IMG]

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree with #4 and #5, disagree with the others.

And I would love to see a female Sith Lord, a la Eldon Ax from Fatal Alliance.

9. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    The Exile was female.

10. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    And not a Sith Lord... :)

11. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Star Killer, Give us the story of
    Galen Marek!

[​IMG]
    [face_hypnotized]

12. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    With this we get a great story along with Vader, Sidious, and several Jedi being hunted down and disposed of appropriately. Not to mention a plethora of insignificant Stormtroopers to thrown into the test firing of the Death Star's main weapon.
    =P~

13. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    As been said before, you'd need to heavily change the story and character of Starkiller so that he is more a real person and less wish fulfillment fantasy. Also watching him slaughter Jedi after Jedi doesn't make for an exciting story, this only works well in a video game.

I also hope that if they use a secret apprentice of Vaders that this person is the villain in the ST. It is one of the few ways you can bring back the Sith without it being overly cheesy. We know that Vader plotted against Palpatine. Maybe he had one more ace up his sleeve.

14. DEATHCONQUEROR

DEATHCONQUEROR Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2011
    A Sith Lady as a main villain is actually very intriguing and advisable. But they would absolutely have to get it right in order for it work. That means no Ventress-ish characters, no Talon-ish characters and it also means distancing from a Lumiya-like character. They said it's going to be original, so I'd prefer they surprise me if they do go with a Sith Lady. Oh, and one more thing...it would be awful if she was old. We've already had our fair share of old-cackling villains.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  15. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Kreia was old but certainly not cackling. One of the best villains in entire EU.

But I agree with you about Ventress and Talon. Too much sex-appeal would hurt a villain. Don't know much about Lumyia, just that she is a Cyborg and Vaders former apprentice.

16. DEATHCONQUEROR

May 13, 2011
    Oh I agree, but I was referring more to having it original. Ventress was an awful villain to begin with and Talon was awful too, for reasons that would take me all day to list. It would not be wise model a villain after either of them. Its also my opinion that an old villain like Kreia, as cool as I admit she is, would sound too much to viewers like a female version of another Palpatine (minus the cackling). I'm fine with sex-appeal but I agree with you that it shouldn't be too much.

I was thinking more of a Darth Zannah approach, with a secret Palpatine apprentice background, but not too much like Zannah for the sake of being original.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  17. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Agree about Ventress or Talon. They are maybe okay as characters, don't work as villains at all.

You are probably right about Kreia too. Someone like her could be taken as a Palpatine copy, as wrong as that is...

I had an idea for the new Sith being a secret apprentice to Vader, a women who regarded her master almost like a father and got mightily pissed off when Vader sacrificed himself for "this Luke Skywalker fool", leaving her all alone to fend for herself. Jealousy can be an interesting motivation.

A secret apprentice of Palpatine would be okay too, I guess, if they don't turn him into the classical revenge villain that is so popular nowadays.

DEATHCONQUEROR likes this.
  18. DEATHCONQUEROR

May 13, 2011
    Yea, an apprentice to Palpatine or Vader, either one, is fine with me. I see what your saying about revenge stuff. But it's easy to spot a scenario where the powerful female apprentice is selected by: either Vader to secretly challenge the Emperor and then dumps her when he discovers Luke who is his son and has slightly more porential, or she is selected by Palpatine secretly as his new apprentice to replace Vader but dumps her for the same reason which is Luke. While she is jealous and angry at her masters (either one) betrayal, she follows the Sith way and works to become her own Master. She realizes treachery is the way of the Sith and simply carries the torch into the ST.....just a thought

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  19. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I am so thankful there will never be any fan input. You guys have atrocious ideas.

20. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
  21. DEATHCONQUEROR

May 13, 2011
    The point isn't fan input for Disney. They've most certainly constructed the full ST plot by now. But there's always the chance that one portion of a theory out of the many theories out there, will be seen onscreen. Not because JJ and his staff looked at our ideas, though I'm sure they've seen at least some things put out on forums, but because they already put forth content that just so happened to be thrown out by a lucky someone in a forum. Nothing wrong with throwing out ideas because you never know if at least something you stated, however big or small, will coincide with something similar originally thought out by the film crew and appears in the movie. Their just theories, nothing more...

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  22. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Exactly. We are just speculating here. And often what might be dirt for some is gold for others. I'd rather like if the villain had some connection to the heroes.

I think quite a couple things could be done with this basic idea. Imo such a villain would be fascinated with Luke Skywalker, would want to see what's so special about him, test him, maybe hurt him. She'd also want to prove herself as she has been cruelly discarded by her master.

DEATHCONQUEROR likes this.
  23. DARTH-FURBABY

DARTH-FURBABY Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2004
    My ideal "Dark Times" movie would incorporate all 3: Kenobi watching over Luke on Tatooine and at times aiding the incipient Rebellion; the incipient Rebellion; and Vader trying to hunt down Kenobi and defeat the incipient Rebellion. Kenobi and Vader wouldn't even have to meet and duel each other as Vader ultimately fails in his mission to find Kenobi.

24. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    That's the most I've ever seen someone use the word incipient. :)

WatTamborWoo likes this.
  25. DARTH-FURBABY

DARTH-FURBABY Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2004
    I would rather see Ray Park as one of the new Jedi masters in the ST (without the Darth Maul face paint, of course). I really think he probably has a lot more acting ability than people seem to give him credit for. With Ep. 7 being set somewhere between 30-40 years after ROTJ, the NJO will be pretty much up and running with Luke Skywalker assuming the Grand Master role. Ray Park could actually play the role of one of the Jedi Council members and be a teacher of lightsaber techniques.