main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Confirmed guests

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Awww, bummer. If that had been true, I could've made some crack about Prowse being uninvited because he'd leaked Vader's revelation from ESB. :p

2. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I guess the intel didn't come from the Bothans. [face_shhh]

3. sheriffharry

sheriffharry Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2010
    "Let's wrap this week up right with two new Celebration guests. Jedi and Sith, give a warm welcome to Celebration's latest celebrities, Jeremy Bulloch and Dickey Beer!"

Source: http://www.mediumatlarge.net/2010/05/meet-faces-of-fett-at-celebration-v.html

All good and cool.

Now my question is:
    If you want something ELSE than an OPIX 6$ pic signed
    How is it gonna work ?
    You DON'T get the pic, but you get the sig on your item,
    you get the sig AND the unsigned pic, you get both signed ???
    (Just for example: I have a Coolwaters pic that scream for a CV sig.
    Will it be complicated, easy or easy but expensive ??)

THX!

4. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    It works like this: You bring your item, pay for the right number of autograph tickets and hand the tickets and your item over at the table. Don?t bring something obseene like nude or semi nude photos. And I am not sure they will sign photos from other movies than Star Wars either but you can try.

If you want the OPIX photo, then you have to pay for that too. I am not sure if they sell photos without them being signed, but then you just pay for that too.

You don?t get a freebee (autograph or photo) just because you bring your own item.

Generally it is easy, only complicated thing is standing in line for hours for the most popular guests.
    The more common/not so popular guests will have lines of 5-10 people if any at all ? especially near the end of the show.

5. jonboy

jonboy Jedi Knight

Mar 30, 2010
    looking forward to some BIG names soon!! lol Think CV is starting to look great!!!

6. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    Anyone remember when the last time Harrison Ford was at one of these? Or has he ever been to one...any of them (Celebrations, Comic Cons, etc...)

7. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    No.. Harrison doesn't do conventions that I know of. Neither does Ewan..I'm hoping for Hayden or Mark Hamill.

8. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    He lied. He lied to us!!

Sorry JedHead1, but it appears the only one giving out misinformation is Steve Sansweet himself, unless he's using the old 'certain point of view':

He lives in Hampshire so he was able to speak to him at that mall event tf.n posted about last weekend.

Steve will have plausable deniability, stating he did indeed get an invite, just that it was an invite to stay away.

I don't see any reason why Mr. Prowse would say that if it weren't true.

And if the poster on Rebelscum is lying, it should be grounds for a permban!

9. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Yes, Harrison, Ewan, and Liam, and I think Natalie too, only do appearances if charity is involved (Harrison will be at a charity screening of Empire this month in LA). Hayden was at CII at a panel, but wasn't signing. Official Pix does sell some of the big actors pre-signed photos, and some of them can be personalized! I got Hayden, Sam Jackson and Christopher Lee that way, and I got Mark and Carrie by volunteering for them five years ago.

:D

On the Dave Prowse thing, did anyone notice that of all the main OT SW actors, he was the only one not interviewed for the great documentary, Empire of Dreams, when the DVD's came out?

[face_thinking]

10. jonboy

jonboy Jedi Knight

Mar 30, 2010
    shame about the invite situation with DP

11. wookieesrus

Dec 6, 2009
    *waves hand...he will be there

[face_praying]

12. sheriffharry

sheriffharry Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2010
    Eight new autograph guests.

Once again, rebelscum were faster on the trigger!:

http://www.starwars.com/fans/event_news/celebration_v_guests_20100510/index.html

Just thought you'd like to know..

13. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm happy to see that Jeremy Bulloch is coming. He's a great guy, and even if think Boba Fett is a boring character I always enjoy Jeremy's presentations.

14. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    Carrie Fisher autograph is gonna be $50.00! Wow that seems high. I was expecting about $20.00 which seems to be about the norm for everyone else.

Does anyone know if two people can meet celebs with one autograph purchase or does everyone need the autograph coupons to be in line?

15. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    From past celebration, Everyone needs a coupon to be in line unless you have a child with them.

16. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Just curious - is it the guests themselves who decide how much to charge for their autographs, or are other factors involved?

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    That's a rare thing, and yes, most SW celebs will be $20-25. Anthony Daniels was $40, I think, and Mark Hamill was $100. About 80% of the stars will be under $50. Again, most high-profile celebs will charge higher. I got my Hayden Christensen, Sam Jackson and Christopher Lee ones from Official Pix for $125-150. At least I know they're genuine, as Official Pix is licensed by LFL, vs. those supposed "authentic" ones from ebay.

18. AnimeNut

AnimeNut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    If I had to guess, I'd say: the guest says one price, the booth sponsor says another, and they meet somewhere in the middle.

Of course, this only applies to the "high-profile" guests. For everybody else (Lightning Bear, I'm looking at you), they basically go with the set minimum ($20) that the sponsor requires.

19. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    Just mentioning that the main celebration page now has Nic Gillard and Ray Park listed in their autographs area.

20. wookieesrus

Dec 6, 2009
    Nice updates, but I don't recall seeing "Snake Eyes" make a cameo in Star Wars...*pokes jab at Reed ;)

21. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'd guess this is close. I know Mark asks for a lot because he absolutely loathes finding stuff he's signed on ebay. His price is high so that if someone wants his autograph bad enough, then they really want his autograph, not just so they can turn around and sell it.

22. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    At Comic-Con 2004, Mark was charging $60. Now, considering the economy, I wasn't sure how many people would get Mark's autograph at WonderCon last year when he posted that it would be $100, with a second for $90. But sure enough, there were long lines. He and Carrie (along with Official Pix) were also gracious enough to donate some autographed 8 x 10's and two big poster-sized prints for raffle prizes at our booth for charity.

:D

23. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Have they officially stated why Prowse can't attend or attend future events? Juz curious...

24. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    At one of the Celebrations that was in Indianapolis, I brought a copy of Willow for Warwick Davis to sign for my roommate, and he happily obliged. However, I suppose it depends on the actor and the movie. I'm not sure if David Prowse would sign a copy of A Clockwork Orange.

25. ZimmyStarlighter

ZimmyStarlighter Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2010
    So I'm not much of a convention person, but all the buzz about about this one has got me excited. ESB has always been my favorite Star Wars movie. I've been reading this thread. So, in addition to the money you pay for tickets, you also have to pay for autographs? Of course, I shouldn't be surprised since this is an official Star Wars event. Just think that's a bit of an overkill. I'm still deciding whether to go or not. The guest list plays a huge part in that so I don't know if I'd been keen on paying extra for autographs (or is that just a convention norm?).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.