main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Conflict (JA - Sequel to Changeover) LOCKED(May 7 04) see Author's Apology

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ginger_Jedi, Jan 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    MAY 7TH: See this thread

One Apprentice, One Pathway Six: Conflict

Summary: Will Obi-Wan be able to defeat a friend who has fallen to the Darkside as she attempts to take away everything important to him? (AU to JA after book 6)

Rating: PG-13 (some violence, a little craziness etc?)

Time Frame: Seven years pre-TPM (Obi-Wan is 18)

Spoilers: Previous stories in my series

Order of Series:

Brewing
    Ordeal
    Hidden
    Twisted
    Changeover
    CONFLICT

Archive: If I?ve already given you permission, take it. If I haven?t, drop me a message at ginger_ninja85@yahoo.co.uk or PM me here at the JC =)

Disclaimer: All recognisable characters belong to George Lucas. Everyone else is mine :) Mwahahahahaha!

Authors Note: I?ll break the sad news to you all now. It looks like this may be my last JA fan fic. I?ve been losing my passion for writing JA fics lately and I don?t know if it?s something that?s going to last or if it?s just a strange phase I?m going through. I?m doing everything I can to reawaken my love of JA and any help would be appreciated =)

But if this is to be my last, well I?m gonna go out with a bang XD

Dedicated to everyone who?s ever been kind enough to leave me feedback. It seems hollow of me to not name you all individually but please know that I?m forever grateful to you for your kindness

Conflict: Part One

Her heeled footsteps echoed loudly as she strode confidently through the halls of the detention centre. The guards gaped at the proud young woman who swept by them, her long dark cloak and thigh length red hair floating out behind her in the wind she created with her pace. Those standing in front of her caught a glimpse of her perfect figure accentuated by the tight leather trousers and low-cut corset. Blue eyes gleamed with a fiery desire and everyone backed out of her way ? this woman knew her purpose.

The human guard standing by the comfortably furnished cell was so enraptured by her dangerous beauty that he forgot to open the door. But one glance from those deadly blue eyes soon cured him of his lust and fear drove him to open the door as fast as he could to be free of her overpowering presence.

She glided into the room, leaving behind her an aura of intoxicatingly exotic danger that left those in her wake unsure of what they had just witnessed. Had she been for real or was she an illusion of their starved minds?

The occupant of the cell was less inclined to fall victim to her sharp beauty. He looked at her from the brown leather chair where he was seated through long, unrestrained white bangs disinterestedly.

?Who are you?? His gaze returned to a datapad held in his hand.

She smirked, painted red lips curved in sinister joy. ?You don?t recognise me. Good.?

?Care to tell me who you are and where I might know you from??

She moved to stand directly over him, emphasising the power she seemed to hold over everyone in her way.

Except him.

?What, are you some kind of bounty hunter? Nice get-up you?ve got there. Very revealing. You like to give your victims a treat before you kill them??

One pale hand shot out and grasped his neck. She lifted him from his chair and pinned him against the wall with ease, ignoring the crashing sounds of datapads smashing to the floor. She held him with enough force to keep him powerless but not so that he couldn?t breathe with ease.

?Make no mistake I am no bounty hunter. I?m not scum like that. And if you want me to help you I suggest you shut yo

2. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

Yeah! New story?s up!

Powerful beginning. Nice how you mentioned who the characters are at the end of the post.

I liked these parts mostly:

She glided into the room, leaving behind her an aura of intoxicatingly exotic danger that left those in her wake unsure of what they had just witnessed. Had she been for real or was she an illusion of their starved minds?

Her tight smirk faded and was replaced with something else, a bitter, haunted look that contained all the demons within her.

?Tear away everything he holds close until he?s got nothing left but the crumbled remains of his useless life.?

Also, these parts where cool because they reminded me how in stories everything seems to flow nicely for the bad guys in the beginning???..

She tossed him one of the blasters and proceeded to blow the door off the room. Sharing one last smirk, the pair strode out of the room.

Together Kyrana Iendo and Bruck Chun killed every guard in their path to revenge.

3. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    :D :D :D :D
    :D

HOLLY COW!! WHAT A START!! CAN'T WAIT FOR WHATS TO COME!!! 8-} [face_love]

4. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003

[face_shocked]

Whoa! Great beginning! Now I just have to go back and read the other stories! :)

5. Wedgeatbarkura

Wedgeatbarkura Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2003
    Whoa, cool..... More... I can't wait!!!! More More

6. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Oh! oh [face_shocked]

7. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003
  8. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Hey everyone :) Thanks for reading.

I won't have a chance to update this week because I've got to travel up north to visit a university I've applied to but I'll see what I can do in time for next week :)

Keeper: I'm so glad you liked the beginning. I'm very proud of this first chapter. I was aiming for an explosive start ;)

Jenny: Thank you so much! I hope to continue next week :)

Xeana: Thank you for reading and I hope you like the other stories in the series. Feel free to drop me a PM if you have trouble finding them. Some are pretty old so some of the links might not work :)

Wedgeatbarkura: Sorry to make you wait but I promise it'll be worth it. And I'll check out your work when I have a little more free time :)

Patty: Thanks for reading :D See you round the Lightside! ^_^

Again, apologies to you all for the wait. See you all soon!

9. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Sweet! I can't believe I missed this! Great show more soon!!

10. Wedgeatbarkura

Wedgeatbarkura Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2003
    Come ON GINGER!!!!!! UPSI

11. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Why, oh why do I have a bad feeling about this? :confused:

Now you wouldn't be planning any Obi torture now would you Ginger? ;)

12. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    It's here!!!!!!! *jumps around* Yay!! I've been so excited for the next installment.

Great start, Ginger! I'm sorry to hear you're losing your passion for JA. Hope it's just a phase, as your work is fantastic.

And I want to echo the question: Have any Obi-torture planned? [face_devil]

13. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Arwen: hey better late than never right? ;) Besides, seeing as you found the story later you didn't have to wait so long for my next post :D

Thanks for the up Wedgeatbarkura ;)

M: Plan Obi torture? Moi?

[face_devil]

KenobisGirl: thanks for saying my work is fantastic :) *hugs* That just cheers me up no end ^_^

As for the Obi-Torture...well ya'll just gonna have to wait and see okay? ;)

Thanks for all the reviews! Much appreciated :) Sorry for the wait and I?m sorry if this chapter is kinda short but it is all for a good reason. I want this story to be fairly rapid in pace?the plot kind of demands something that moves fast?well at the moment :p eh, don?t ask ? I confuse myself ALL the time.

Conflict: Part Two

Obi-Wan gazed out the window of his small home, seeing nothing of the present. It had been over a year now since that day, a whole year. He was eighteen now, a young adult by all accounts, but he still felt like a hopeless child thrown out into the world before he was ready.

He hadn?t been ready for that day.

Obi-Wan attempted to stir himself, knowing his Master would soon return with the details of their next mission, but the Padawan could manage little more that sighing and shifting his eyes to a new part of Coruscant?s wintry sky.

He wondered about where Kyrana was while he sat safe and warm in the Jedi Temple. It was a question he had been asking every day since she had disappeared on Obru. She hadn?t even returned for the funeral of her Master. She had simply disappeared into the forest and become lost to the Darkside.

Was it really my fault? Did I really make her do that?

A familiar sense of frustrated confusion rose within Obi-Wan and he rested his aching head on his knees. He didn?t cry. He hadn?t cried in a long time and he vowed he wouldn?t cry about anything ever again. He was meant to be an adult so it was about time he started acting like one, even if he was constantly haunted by his year-old failure.

Obi-Wan heard the door hiss open but he made no effort to turn and greet his Master. He knew what was about to be said and he had no desire to say the first word that would kick start one hell of a chain of events.

Qui-Gon looked sadly upon the sight of his Padawan?s grim gaze reflected by the window. Who was this boy who had returned from Obru with him? This boy was sullen and rarely showed a smile. This boy was brittle and sad. Where had his bright, cheerful, compassionate Padawan gone? Qui-Gon would even stand Obi-Wan?s slightly sarcastic yet humorous temperament if it meant the eighteen-year-old would be back to his usual self. But Qui-Gon didn?t kid himself. He knew that what had happened on Obru last year had changed Obi-Wan irrevocably but he had to hope that at some point Obi-Wan would just?lighten up again.

And maybe, Qui-Gon thought, this mission will be the key.

?Obi-Wan, we need to talk.?

Obi-Wan did stir himself then, and turned his too-slim face to his Master.

?Does the Council have a new mission for us?? The Padawan got straight to the point as he drew himself to his feet.

Qui-Gon sighed as he anticipated the reaction his Padawan would have to his next choice of words. ?They have a new mission, yes, but it is only for me. They have requested that you stay here and work with Masters Yoda and Windu to rediscover your centre. They, like me, have noticed that you?ve been having trouble concentrating on most things lately. We all understand why Obi-Wan but it cannot go on. You must seek peace.?

Obi-Wan didn?t look away. He was an adult and adults didn?t turn away from something they didn?t like, especially adult Jedi. He gazed steadily at his Master. ?What will you be doing in the meantime??

This was the hard part and Qui-Gon wished he didn?t have to say it, he wished someone else could go on this mission. ?Bruck Chun escaped from his cell two days ago and has since disappeared.?

?Not hard in a galaxy this size.?

Qui-Gon mentally flinched at t

14. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Good continuation!

He was eighteen now, a young adult by all accounts, but he still felt like a hopeless child thrown out into the world before he was ready????..He didn?t cry. He hadn?t cried in a long time and he vowed he wouldn?t cry about anything ever again. He was meant to be an adult so it was about time he started acting like one?????.I liked how you got the feeling of Obi-wan moving from a boy to man.

?Bruck Chun escaped from his cell two days ago and has since disappeared.? ???Not hard in a galaxy this size.???..nice.

What in the name of the Force had just happened??this is getting deep.

15. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Whoa! That was weird!! Post more soon, I want to know what's going on! :eek:

Looking forward to more! :)

16. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    2 obiwans in 1 body is all i can think of, but i'm pretty sure i'm wrong, so im going with the flow of this story.

17. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Apologies for the lack of update. This story kinda has to take a backseat to my original novel that I'm writing. I want to get that published so it's pretty much top priority. But don't worry, chapter 3 is in the works and will be up ASAP :)

18. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    What in the name of the Force had just happened?

Can I second that? :D And I'm sure Obi is feeling better with you're reassurences of no torture in this one ;)

Now, where's the next post? But then again, at least it isn't one of your cliffhangers again....Speaking of, would it be wise of me to go out and get some more rope to hang of one of 'em?

Just looking to the future..... 8-}

19. Jinn_and_Tonic

Jinn_and_Tonic Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2002
  20. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    My apologies for not updating. I'll be honest with you - I don't have writers block but I think my passion for writing Star Wars fan fiction has just burnt out. I *will* attempt to finish this story but be aware that updates are going to be slow and may stop entirely. I am so sorry.

21. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.