main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Conflicting themes on 7, 8 & 9

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth_Penguinie, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Penguinie

Darth_Penguinie Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2007
    HI this may well have been discussed before but i have a question that has been burning in the back of my mind for ages in relation to the final trillogy of starwars namel;y 7 8 & 9

my understanding of the plot line was 7 the fall of Luke 8 the rise of leia as a jedi 9 leia and luke battling bringing Balance to the force ending the struggle that was in Annikin from the sart (ie the twins both finishing each other off so now no jedi or sith remain and thus no manipulation of the force)

this has been my understanding of the final 3 episodes for like 20 years until i tried a search on 7 8 & 9 and came up with cloning luke and vader ...Luke married (forbiden by the jedi order) and thier kids becoming jedi

as you can imagine this was quite desturbing for me

My question is does any one know what the plot lines for 7 8 & 9 are and has anyone else heard the lines that i have described ????

Spike Edit: This forum deals with the existing movies. ;)

2. Darth_Davi

Darth_Davi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    this is probably better suited to the EU discussion thread, as Lucas has stated there won't be any more Star Wars movies...most people who follow the EU after ROTJ generally consider the Thrawn Trilogy to be the unofficial Episodes 7,8 & 9 though.

3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Maybe in 1993, but not now.

4. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004

Or they consider the Thrawn Trilogy stupid and silly like I do.

5. BigBoy29

BigBoy29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    Zahn's story has some good stuff .... if you get rid of the silly stuff you got a hell of an Episode 7.

8 and 9 ...... I don't know what is best.

GL should sift through J.A. stuff and all EU material and could find a couple of movies in there.

There is a silent, devoted group of SW fans that want to see Chewbacca's death on-screen.

6. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    You mean Chewbacca getting hit by a moon?

7. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    There's also those of us who find it enjoyable but think that they lack the fantasy aspect of Star Wars and as such can't be a 7, 8, & 9 regardless.

8. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    I actually boycotted the NJO for that very reason. I thought the excuse the editors gave for Chewie's death ("character development") was incredibly lame and seemed desperate.

9. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Darth Laudrup
    You mean Chewbacca getting hit by a moon?

[face_laugh]

We had something else in mind.

lol.

10. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    Darth_Pengunie, apart from the Expanded Universe novels mentioned above -- which we as fans are free to accept or reject as canonical as we choose -- there is no Lucasfilm-sanctioned storyline for the once-imagined but now dismissed Episodes 7, 8 and 9. The outline that you list (7 the fall of Luke 8 the rise of leia as a jedi 9 leia and luke battling bringing Balance to the force ending the struggle) is merely fannish speculation and rumor.

Thus we are free to imagine our own sequels to ROTJ, which I do occasionally and with great (imaginary) success!

11. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Darth Penquinie
    this has been my understanding of the final 3 episodes for like 20 years

What source gave you this idea 20 years ago?

12. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    I vaguely remember Gary Kurtz saying something along these lines though in his it wasn't Luke and Leia who fought the Emperor but Luke and his sister who was a Jedi on the other side of the galaxy. Leia had become the Queen of the people of Alderaan by that point.

13. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    No, Kurtz' suggestion was different. And that was also after TPM came out, not 20 years ago.

Maybe an old Starlog or Cinefastique article based on speculation?

14. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Hmm, I could see that.

15. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    Woah, woah, woah!

Gotta step in here!

In 1991 I feel that we were all MISLED into thinking that the Thrawn Trilogy WAS Episodes 7, 8 and 9! Not blatantly, of course, but come ON! Having there not been any official sequels, films, etc, there were many of us who bought into the assumption that the THRAWN (YAWN) trilogy WERE IN FACT the 'last' trilogy. THe fact that the third book was called the Last Command cememnted it for so many.

In retrospect, we thought the books were gospel, and that they were the last stoies of the Skywalker arc.
    Which is WHY THEY WERE SO REVERED.

Then more books came. Then more. Then more book trilogies, then more, and then around 1997 I gave up reading them because it got too silly and Star Trekish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.