main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Conflicting Visions and Paths, ROTS AU thu OT A/P, others Updated! 9/16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediStarMoonstruck, Dec 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Hiyee people!! :D I'm back from vacation and I have the post right here. I had fun at the beach, but I'm not sunburned. :p It's called, I didn't go out much. Meh...

Anyway, this is somewhat short. I think I'm running out of steam, not with the fic itself, but this portion of the fic. I'm uncertain where to go despite having an idea beforehand. I think I can work it out, through. There are things that need to be done (Anakin getting Izen as a Padawan as an example), I've just kind of worked the well dry and can't find more water to fuel what I have in mind. :p

But don't worry. There's still this...

Anakin, Padme and Obi-Wan walked down the street to Padme?s parents? house. They had remained in their costumes; it would not do for people to begin gossiping about three famous figures waltzing down the road.

It appeared Palpatine had just started his blockade (or whatever he was calling it) of the planet. The trio had not met any Clonetroopers along the way to the Naberrie household, but had seen a great deal of the soldiers near the spaceports, most of which were unloading and gathering their assignments. Padme hoped they would not intrude on her family while they visited.

They attracted very few stares on their way; in fact, there were not many people on the streets. The senator wondered if the news of the Republic becoming an Empire and that the presence of Clonetroopers frightened her people. She hoped they would not stay frightened for long, but stand up and fight for their freedom.

She sighed. Or was she being too idealistic?

The three approached the Naberrie home. Obi-Wan went up to the door first. It had been decided for the Jedi Master to speak to Ruwee and Jobal since they knew Anakin and Padme?s voices. The less attention they caused, the better they were at staying hidden.

Obi-Wan knocked softly on the door. Padme heard her mother call out and a few seconds later, the door opened.

Jobal Naberrie glanced up and down at her visitors and nodded respectfully. ?Good day. How may I be of assistance to the Alderaan Guard??

Padme almost smiled when her mother recognized the outfits Anakin and Obi-Wan wore. The public service she went through had been very educational to her family; her parents and sister likely knew the symbols of all the planets.

The Jedi Master smiled courteously. ?Madam, the Viceroy has a request for you and your family on an important matter. It concerns his wife?s illness.?

As expected, Padme?s mother appeared confused. ?I will, of course, help in any way I can, but I am not sure how I could.?

?It was recommended to him by Senator Amidala that you would know of some of the best lake houses and he wishes for your input in choosing one he could use to vacation in.?

Padme could tell the explanation did not satisfy her mother, but it was the only thing she could come up with to get close to her family without alerting anyone who could be listening. Jobal Naberrie glanced the trio over before nodding her head and gesturing them inside.

Jobal closed the door and gave them a look that Padme had not seen since she was at least five years old and she and Sola had had a food fight. Instead of cringing like she did then, she smiled and rushed over to her mother, embracing her into a hug. ?Mom!?

Her mother gasped. ?Padme? Wha?? She pushed Padme away to look her up and down. ?What did you do to yourself? What is going on??

Glancing over at her husband, who was twitching in his new height and his longer hair and her friend, Obi-Wan, in all his Jedi calm, she took a deep breath and said, ?Well, it is a very long story??

Jobal opened the window. She had to get some air because the story she just heard made her feel faint.

?Mom?? Padme came up to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. ?I?m sorry about not telling you, but Anakin and me, we had to keep this a secret.?

?All this time, you have been married and now you are on the run with your husband, who happens to Jedi and is be

2. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Yey a post! That was a really nice post and I am glad that the twins will be born on Naboo even though I am sure it will cause problems in the long run!

I hope you will be able to continue with the story despite being in a dry patch - its really really good!

3. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Chapter thanks for the PM

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Padme is just as reckless as Anakin. I hope nothing bad happens during labor or just after.

5. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Oh, amazing update.

But that was an evil cliffie, oh, I hope that everything will go alright with the childbirth.

Thanks for the pm and now I?m dying to read more.

6. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Oh my.. the babies are on the way by the looks of things. I can't wait for the next part, I'll be waiting anxiously!

7. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you sneaky sneaky writer I could see this coming a mile away [face_whistling]

more soon?

8. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    It's good that Padme has the babies in Naboo it will help Anakin to have calm parents around and allow the family to bond. Including Obi-Wan.:D
    Make sure the labor has a happy ending will you?

9. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Labor! Eek! make sure it's a happy one!!! It has to be a happy one! But... somethings going to happen, isn't it? Will they go to the med centre? Or is it to be a home birth? *Snigger*

Thanx for the Pm!

Cheers_Cazza@};-

10. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm...having trouble with writing Padme in labor. For the simple reason that I've never written before and I'm 23 and thus, never experienced it. *sweatdrop* I think I'm doing okay, but if this turns out really bad, I blame the inexperience!!

Replies:

Diamond_Revelation: We'll see if it causes problem. Palpatine has a fledging Empire to run, after all. :p

I have no plans to discountine this. I just need to get though this. I have really great stuff planned and I would hate not to write it. :D

G__Anakin: Thanks and you're welcome. :)

RebelMom: It's no wonder Luke and Leia were as bad as they were! :p

Star_Angel: Trust me, I can plan worse cliffies. This is just a small sample of my evilness. [face_devil]

I hope nothing goes wrong either. I'm in the worse spot because I don't know how to write it!!

FitJedi: Yep, the twins are coming! Hopefully, everything will be fine! :D

Falcon: HeeHee Glad someone did. :p

obsessedwithSW: Yeah, imagine if she had them on Dagobah. Swampland, very irritable Jedi to put up with. Through she would have had Bant...

Master_Cazz: Eh we'll see. I can be evil. I can be good.

[sing-song voice]I can be anything I want to be and no one could stop me! Anything I want to be and no one can stop me! La La Lalala[/sing-sing voice] :p

Now...providing I can finish up the birth here, post Saturday night!!

11. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Babies on the way!!!! Babies on the way!!!![face_dancing]

12. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Jaira: Yep! Here they come! :D

All right. I am warning you all right now. I have no idea if I wrote this right. My mom looked this over and she said it was okay. I have no experience in writing this type of thing so I hope I don't make anyone upset. :( I don't mean to. Really don't.

Well, here goes nothing.

Padme lay in her old bed, now covered with aged sheets to prepare for the coming birth of her child. It had been 12 hours since her water had broken, the sun already hidden amongst the trees and barely giving any light into her room. When the labor had started, her mother had started to order Anakin and Obi-Wan around, while she went and called the rest of the family as well as a midwife. The former senator had worried over the reaction from her father and sister, but Jobal told her not to worry. She would take of them.

And so she had, it seemed. When Padme first saw her father, he did not appear angry at all. Instead, he worried over her, asking her if she was all right and if she needed anything. The one thing she did notice, sadly, would be that he did not speak to Anakin, even though they sometimes stood right next to each other.

Sola, on the other hand, ran in and out of the room, bringing in materials such as washrags, buckets of water and towels for her to use. Like their mother, she ordered people around and tried to calm down Anakin, who was beside himself.

As another contraction went through her and she screamed, her husband began to panic, asking Sola and the midwife what was wrong and if Padme would be okay. As with the other times, they replied yes, she was fine, but he remained worried. He would not let go of her hand.

Obi-Wan allowed himself to be ordered around. He was the only one semi-detached from the scene (other than the midwife) and able to calmly move around the house to gather things for the baby.

The Jedi Master had just returned with a container that held Pooja and Ryoo?s (and Sola and Padme?s) old baby bassinet. Padme?s midwife, an old friend of the family named Talna Larnnie, let go of her hand where she had been taking her pulse and counting the contractions. ?Well, Padme,? she said, her old blue eyes twinkling, ?you appear to be ready to begin pushing.?

Sola looked up from where she had been placing old clothes at the foot of the bed to allow Padme to rest her legs on. ?Are you sure?? she asked, concerned. ?She?s only been like this for 12 standard hours!?

At that statement, Anakin whirled around, starting at his sister-in-law and the midwife with fear in his eyes. Ruwee placed a trembling hand on his shoulder, squeezing it as if to make him feel better. It was the first interaction between the two, even if Anakin barely acknowledged it. ?Is that normal?? he asked, his eyes still darting back and forth.

Talna frowned. ?It?s unusual. Every human female is different; some deliver in five hours, others could take a day or two. However?? she stressed on the word as Anakin began to shake with barely controlled sobs, ?it is possible for women to give birth in this amount of time.?

?So there is nothing wrong with her?? asked Ruwee, his voice calm, but somehow filled with concern as well.

?Since I haven?t examined her properly, I have no idea if she is in danger or not. I don?t believe so because she hasn?t exhibited any symptoms of something wrong.? The midwife sighed. ?I won?t lie to you; this does worry me, if only for the reason that I am in this blind, but it just might be the baby is in a great rush to come out!?

Obi-Wan stared at his former Padawan with worried eyes. Putting the bassinet down, he walked over to the bed and slipped his hand into Padme?s. Everyone stared at him curiously, wondering what he was doing. ?If I may, Madam Larnnie,? he said, nodding his head slightly toward her, ?I would like to use the Force to check her condition.?

A sudden spike of pain shot through Padme and she groaned as her midwife spoke, ?By all means.?

Talna stepped in front of her bed. Anaki

13. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Chapter thanks for the PM

14. Diamond_Revelation

Feb 25, 2003
    No need to worry that was great! Poor Padme at least Obi-Wan was there to help her with the pain!

I can't wait to see more interaction between and Anakin and his children!!

I look forward to seeing what will happen next!

15. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    You did fine! Twelve hours is actually about average for first time moms. The whole boil water thing is only if the local water is bacterial laden. They use to have the men do it to keep them busy. Drinkable water is good enough to wash with.

Anakin shouldnt be surprised that Obi-Wan doesnt understand and to suffer from guilt is all part of the repurcussions of his deeds. I would be worried if it didnt haunt him for a long time.

So where do we go from here?

16. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Great chapter, I think you did wonderful.

17. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Okay...how did I do? *worries*

:eek: this was as amazing as it always is so you don?t have to worry. I just loved this update. And they had the twins, awwww. See, I?m still smiling:).

18. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    awesome update loved the interaction between everyone more soon? can't wait :D

19. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Nice job on the labor scene - poor Padme. She would be in the catagory of women that take hours and hours and hours to deliver!

But at least she and the twins are fine.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

20. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    =D=Great going! I'm just glad poor Anakin didn't have a stroke as worried as he was.;)

21. Galactic_Girl

Galactic_Girl Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    *delurks* Just to let you know I am still here, just lurking for now. JediStarMoonstruck. Unfortunately, DRL has forced me to lurk on more and more of my stories. Limited time online. :(

Thanx for keeping me on PM list. [:D] This story is awesome! I can't wait to read more. Plz, update soon! @};-

22. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Expect a lot of boring things to come. I'm trying to establish the Rebellion here (or at least plant the seeds of one).

Replies:

G__Anakin: Thanks and you're welcome. :)

Diamond_Revelation: I worry all the time. It's a natural reaction. :p

Cute scene coming. ;)

obsessedwithSW: But I didn't have boiled water? Or at least, I didn't mention it. At least, I did okay.

Anakin's still suffering from his guilt (clearly) and he never has thought things through. He thinks with his heart.

Rebellion.

FitJedi: Thanks! :)

Star_Angel: Like I said above, I always have something to worry about. I've gotten used to it by now and tend to funnel the worry into something else. I'm glad it turned out all right.

Falcon: More coming.

KELIA: Thanks. I figured she would be (likely the only thing I would have gotten right) because she has twins. I'm just glad it turned out okay.

Jaira: Oh? Did I have Anakin worry too much? I figured he would react like that. As I said above, Anakin thinks with his heart and his emotions were already stretched to a breaking point.

Galactic_Girl: No problem. :) I'm glad you're still reading even if you're not posting. So you're fine. Just enjoy reading.

Okay, cute scene coming up and the seeds of the Rebellion are planted. Oh and someone comes to visit!

23. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Yeah, I'm am very late. This post required a bit more editing than I thought and on Saturday, I went to the Bristol Nascar race (I had a blast! It was my first race). Hence why this is so late.

You can tell I'm stalling or something. :p I'm quite unsure how to write this period in the fic. I'll just have to see where it takes me.

Anakin cradled his tiny daughter on the porch of the Lake House in the late hours of the night. Not even the moon remained so the only light was the small lamp glowing above his head. Suppressing a yawn, he raised up the bottle so Leia could drink the rest.

It had been two planetary weeks since the twins? birth. The trio waited two days for Padme to recover before leaving the Naberrie house, unfortunately without the newborns. Obi-Wan had discussed it with them. If the Clones saw them and figured out who they were, the babies would be in danger. For once, Anakin had agreed with his master.

Padme had tied a pillow to her under her dress. Another matter that had been decided on was for Padme to pretend she was still pregnant. That way if the Clones stopped them and found out who they were, they would believe Padme had been faking the pregnancy the entire time. Jobal and Ruwee informed them they would head out to the Lake House with the twins.

Bail and Breha met them at the palace and all of them headed to the Lake County, where the Queen of Alderaan was supposed to be resting. The costumes came off there; Anakin was glad to have his hair blond again.

Not long after that, the Naberries arrived with the sleeping twins carefully hidden away in Pooja and Ryoo?s doll baskets. He and Padme had been busy ever since. He had no idea how hard it was to take care of two babies. This was the second time tonight he got up to check on one of them, relieving Padme of getting up for a third time.

Anakin sighed. Since their arrival, they had been making lists of people they could contact about creating a resistance as well as supplies for it and the Jedi. Already he could tell that this would be a massive undertaking. He had found out that Padme and Bail had the political side covered which surprised and saddened him. Had he really been that inapproachable on Coruscant? Trusting in Palpatine so much that his own wife had to hide her anti-Palpatine activities from him?

Yes, he thought forlornly, she had every right because I would not have listened. I trusted Palpatine too much. I trusted him over Obi-Wan and Padme?what on Tatooine was I thinking? I trusted someone over my wife and brother?

He shook his head, no longer able to see the logic behind it anymore. It made more sense to trust Padme and Obi-Wan now.

She had asked forgiveness over not telling him about the group of senators she had conspired with, but he would have none of it; he had been the one at fault, not her. She was innocent.

?But we should have been more open with each other, Anakin,? she had countered.

?Well,? he whispered to no one, ?I really can?t argue with that. I should have been more open to her and to Obi-Wan.?

Looking down at his daughter, he wondered briefly what would come next and how long the peace of the Lake County would last.

Likely, not long enough.

?What about Jamilla?? asked Bail.

Padme nodded her head as she brought up the info on Naboo?s former queen. ?I think she would be willing to help, but she?s off Naboo. She had to leave because her opinions on the war were unpopular with the people.?

Obi-Wan stroked his beard, nodding his head as he took in the information. ?In that case, she may be supportive of action against the Empire.?

It was morning and Bail, Breha, Obi-Wan, Padme and Anakin sat around the kitchen table going through names of people who would help and how they could. In the next room, the twins, Pooja and Ryoo?s squeals could be heard as Jobal and Sola watched the babies.

?What about the current queen?? asked Anakin, ?What?s her name? Would she help??

Ag

24. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Great post.

What to write next time? Hmmmm. Maybe Obi-Wan and Sabe get re-acquainted?

Nice idea, that they start work on the rebellion; even if it IS a little early.

I always gathered that the rebellion took a lot of years to really get organized. It was just Bail Organa, Mon Mothma and Garm Bel Iblis at the start. It took them until the time of ANH to really get the military side strong enough to actually take on the Empire.

You know the rest of the Jedi might not be too pleased with Anakin and Obi-Wan right now. Think of it, the two of them are enjoying the lake country of Naboo and all in entails: sunny skies, beautiful scenery, etc. And the rest of the Jedi...They're on Dagobah. They're in the middle of a swamp where the overcast is permanent and Yoda is doing all the cooking. I suspect they're going to be more than a little grumpy. I'll bet Tatooine is looking appealing right now. At least there it's dry.

Looking forward to the next post.

25. Diamond_Revelation

Feb 25, 2003
    Brilliant Post

I love the way the rebellion is starting to take shape!!! I am looking forward to seeing how it all comes together!

It was so great to see them all together and happy for the moment!

Looking forward to the next one!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.