main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Confrontation the Fan Film

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crutag-ventor, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    The imax one was exactly what I was thinking. towards the west side of it my friend took a pic of me and henry when we dressed up for that crappy star trek con (remember that one kids?)..and the pic looks like it's Naboo. There's some sort of church or something in the back ground.

As far as the station that probably wont work we do have a production room with two windows that looks kinda technical but I'd never be able to get approval to use it like that, and the only other way would be film it in the dead of night...which if I got caught I'd be in deep poodoo (not that I'm not willing to risk it)

2. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    SCRIPT

Ok, I am feverishly finishing up the script. Adding some things to it. I will bring copies Saturday for everyone. Until then, when I am done, (hopefully tonight), I will PM everyone with a link to the script.

SET DESIGN

Pacman, what will it take to film a scene, featuring a cockpit set? As far as green screen and stuff? I may be able to put together a cockpit set for Joe and I to do a couple of scenes in.

And if I can, shall we use the Jedi Star Fighter thats in AOTC? Or shall we design another ship? And if so, does anyone have a design?

Possibly, when Saturday comes, maybe we can go downtown and take a look at the garage for Fitsu/Godric scenes? That scene will be a night time filming.

PROPS

Also, I dug out a couple of my blasters from my collection. one is a Blas Tech (Han Solo style) and one is from TPM. The thugs can use these. I am going to paint them and get them ready.

I also am in the middle of designing the credit and memory chips.

The holoprojectors for the memory chip and Runn's holoreceiver.

And a whole new design for the Light Saber.

MAKE UP EFFECTS

I have fake blood and we can buy some next month.

Tionne? Are you around? how goes the make up?

3. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Okay, final draft is done and sent to major players.

I know there are a few typos in it, and I will have them fixed before the meeting but the story and lines are there, and are complete from my point of view.

I have been in contact with someone from the fanfilms forum concerning a cockpit set, and I think I may be able to pull it off. I will look into it this week.

Ok I am going to bed.........

4. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    I'll work on designing a new ship. Since this movie is like 7,000 years before AOTC I don't think the Jedi Starfighter has been created yet. Also, I'll work on the holster for the energy sword. I have the perfect cable to link the hilt and the power pack.

5. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    I have some designs worked out for the sith lord I think you guys will love. he's gonna be one ugly and messed up dude (yes more than I already am)

At any rate for info all the halloween stores are now open. but still the best place might be old sac at Evangalens (sp?)

6. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Sorry LDV, I've been AWOL in So. Cal with no internet for the past few days. The make-up is going well, but my digicam bit the dust so no pics. I will bring sketches to the meeting. I even have some specific designs to use for the leader and myself. I will be back in town on Friday and will make the reservations then. I'll just ask for the conference room so we can plan for the most amount of people.

Random thought: Wheeee!!! I'm 21 now! okay, you can go back to your normal lives :)

7. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    Is a happy birthday spanking required at the meeting? perhaps.

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    sacul - do you still have that link for the t-shirts?

9. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    what shirts?

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    At last meeting you said you knew of a site where we could order shirts, remember?

11. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    www.cafepress.com

I've done a few designs for my webcomic and I ordered a shirt from them, it came back great. It's free to use.

12. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    oh..I forgot but joes got the right one.

So lets recap..meeting is when and where and who's gonna be there?

13. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Meeting is at 6pm Saturday the 20th at Chevy's on Douglas, we're meeting there at 4 for location scouting. I'll be there, and I'm assuming that LDV and Tionne will be as well.

14. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I will probably be there at 3:30PM

Yes, I want to scout out locations again. I am going to bring my digital camera and take pics of certain areas.

Did everyone get the link to the script? And if so, what does everyone think of it?

15. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    I think it's great. The format kinda bugs me (I like having the name in bold, followed by the line, instead of having the name on top, but that's just me), but I can change that for myself. I can't wait to start.

16. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    **shakes head** if thats the only complaint you have with the script then that is great.

I took that format from a famous script in history... Hamlet... ever heard if it??????

8-}

17. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    :p yourself. I prefer the format from the greatest movie in history. Little film called Star Wars. Have you heard of it?

18. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    Personally I like the way Leonard part 6 is formatted but that's just me.

19. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    [waving hands in Marlon Brando style [Stella!!]]

Isn't it bad enough we are stealing from the man, but do we have to steal his format too!!!Please!! oh why!!??? The insanity of it alllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8-}

20. pacman

pacman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    Actually, you've almost got the format correct. Not having the script in the proper format is driving me nuts, so i'm re-typing it. Ya almost got it right. I'll show you guys how to properly write and format a script this weekend. I'm going to trim it down and make a shooting script. Normally you don't put camera moves and general scenery descriptions in the script. That's the job of the production designer.

And sorry Joe, no bold......bold is bad. Never use bold type in a script.

21. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    I use bold, just so the name of whoever's saying the line is easy to tell apart from the line itself. In the same vein stage directions go in italics.

I was in the shower today, where all of my good ideas hit me, and I got a great idea for a tagline, which would make an awesome trailer.

"Every war has its armies.

Every army has its soldiers.

Every soldier... has his weapon.

STAR WARS: CONFRONTATION
    Coming whenever the hell we get it done"

22. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    "Coming whenever the hell we get it done"

heh heh

That I like.

OK so were gonna scout for two hours then have the meeting right?

Chris wants to go to the meeting but he doesn't get off work till 7pm (I think have to check)

I'll work it all out.

23. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Thank you pacman!!!!

[looks at Joe] 8-}

Yeah scout for a bit. I wanna make sure the places pacman, crutag and myself still exist.

24. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Hey Tionne...I dunno if you're in Davis yet, but I was downtown and it looks like Halloween Headquarters is moved in already.

25. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Okay, I have a list of characters (plus the filled slots), props needed, locations of filming and make up effects needed.

If anyone wants the list, PM me and I will send them to you.

I am currently working on a cock pit. We may have to settle for a Jedi Star Fighter if someone can't come up with a design that can be used. I am sure I can build a cock pit set pretty cheaply. Remember, pacman will be placing the ship in space in effects shots, so its got to be something he can work with. A member of the fanfilms forums has sent me some very valuable information. I will design it to be easy to take apart so it can be transported. And, umm does anyone have a garage where we can shoot the cock pit scenes? I am sure no one wants to drive up here and I really won't have the space for it. Before anything can be started on it, we need to decide on what ship we are going to use.

Pacman, I need to know what you need from this cockpit design. I was thinking of just shooting scenes from the front, facing the pilot. I need to know what you need as far as green screen coverage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.