main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Confrontation the Fan Film

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crutag-ventor, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Okay, I went to the local mall and found out the halloween shop has opened up and there they were. The swords I was talking about last year. They are wooden, big and look awesome. I am going to buy one and bring it to the meeting Saturday. They are $14.99, and made of all wood. I am going to paint it a different color though.

There is another sword, just a bit smaller there thats plastic. But it looks good. It's $9.99.

2. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    cool cool

is the next meeting the 20th???

3. pacman

pacman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    As far as bluescreen for the cockpit goes, we need it out the back windows, behind the frame of the cockpit. Check the EP2 behind the scenes videos for reference.

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I'll be back in Davis Friday evening. So Saturday morning I will head over to the Halloween HQ and then Evangeline's if they don't have what I am looking for. I will be at Chevy's between 3:30 and 4. And for those of you who keep asking (check previous posts on this and the September meeting thread) The meeting is at 6pm, September 20th, Chevy's in Roseville on Douglas and will last as long as it takes to get all this fun stuff done. Or until they kick us out. :)

LDV, per swords, are they very heavy? Remember I am somewhat smaller than you guys, would there be a way to make or get a smaller sword? Think stealth ;) size matters not!

5. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Tell ya what Tionne...

I will buy the two types I saw there. One is wooden, and the other, slightly smaller one, is made of plastic. Just for you Tionne (snicker)

I have four 'sold' sabers I am building tonight that will be shipped tomorrow to their buyers (which I might add has just helped to fund the movie) ;) , but I am trying to come up with an 'old republic' style light saber design. I have a good idea for one.

Also, I have a design for the credit and data chips. Also, looking for a certain disk shaped container for designing the holoprojector.

I will bring everything I have got done to the meeting, so you all can see it.

I also found out through a friend there is someone in my town that has a complete Jedi costume, and may be willing to be in our film. I will know more tomorrow.

6. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    I got my Black Cloak today! Not bad light weight, good for Jedi killin....or maybe just hanging around getting my head cut off..either way.

I wont be able to go location scouting. BUT I will be at the meeting I promise.

7. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    You had better have a NOTE as to why you can't go location scouting!!!!

8. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    well my mom says that I can't go because this darn anal itch...and that location scouting will just further irritate it.

I can bring a note and pictures..cool?

heh heh.

Actually I don't have a car until around 5:30 so I can't get me or the boy there.

9. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    LDV, my Jedi tunic is gonna be blue. I'm all about the blue. Since I have the blue gi already all I need from that pattern you showed me is the tabbards. Blue it is!

Arrrr.

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Uhh no sacul, I will take your word for it. Matter of fact, just got over that myself. ;) Heh heh heh

And for Joe? Ummm one word bro. CONTINUITY!! If you end up with a Tunic and robe, then I won't gripe as much. ;)

Remember, this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before the New Jedi Order bro. ;)

11. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Um. I'm the one that keeps telling YOU that. ;) But a robe is out of the question. I don't have the time/money to make one.

12. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    Hold up, I have a brown Jedi cloak you can use. it's made for my height so it'll be a bit long but dramatic.

13. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Oh, LDV, I think YOU think I'm gonna be wearing what I did in AoY. I'm not. It's a Jedi tunic, just blue. I figure Bultar Swan wore green in AOTC so I can get away with blue.

14. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    I may fiddle around with a starfighter model this weekend...but I haven't been able to find any reference photos for ships that old. Does anyone know where I can find any? Just about any Google search for "Old Republic" turns up KOTOR links galore.

15. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Again Joe... Continuity. I think you need a robe bro. Sacul's will come in handy. Mine will be used by my friend who is playing Fitsu.

16. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    If you want to get REALLY technical the Jedi didn't wear traditional robes back then. Even in the game "Knights of the Old Republic," which is only 5,000 years before ANH, they weren't wearing robes and tunics.

Explain what you mean by continuity because I seem to totally be missing the point you're trying to make.

17. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    What I REALLY mean is, I am teasing you. ;)

And sacul's robe will work just fine. Also, I don't think the audience would buy all of us walking around in Viking type gear as in KOTOR. That's esentually what they wore. I mean, I have no problem with it. I have my clan kilt, so I can go Viking-ish. ;)

All I am saying is, the audience relate Jedi's to wearing robes and tunics. That's all.

18. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Thanks LDV :p
    I'm back y'all! Another trip to Evangeline's tomorrow! Yayy! Oooo...gotta go call Chevy's.

19. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    Ok Chris will not be there, he wont get off work till 7 in Rancho Cordova so he'd never make in time.

But I was talking to him and we thought in that first scene the aliens could be speaking huttese (or something)..and it would have subtitles.

is that workable?

20. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Hmmmmmmm we can discuss it tomorrow. I have the Galactic Phrase book that has Huttese in it. ;) I will bring it tomorrow.

Is everyone going to bring their own copy of the script? Or do I need to make more copies.

I went down and purchased two different swords today. I am also working on the new light saber. I may not have it done by tomorrow. I will bring all the props I have so far.

21. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    Oh crap I forgot to print one out at work and my print at home went kablooie..yeah print me one up.

22. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Got your back sac. ;)

23. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    You da man! Yoda MAN!!!

24. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    /me dies

Anyway, subtitles would be really easy in AE. I could probably even do them, if only to get my name in the credits again. ;)

Oh, and pac, after I posted in Fan Films about the death of AoY, I got a PM from a guy who sent Matt a CD of 3D stuff for the film a long time ago, that was actually really good. He asked if we needed anything for this film (Don't worry LDV, I didn't give them any details, not even the title), and I told him you had a hold of things, but I thought I'd let you know in case you wanted to share the workload or something.

25. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    sacul and I sat and talked after everyone else left and we both agree - we feel sooooooooooo much better and are very excited about this now that this meeting is over!!! This is a vision that will get realized!!

Kudos to pacman for being able to get everything we threw at him to work. Can't wait to see that fighter pacman! ;)

Kudos to Kevin who is now the official UPM of Confrontation - the movie.

Good thinking about the credits Joe! Good idea!!

Great make up Tionne!!! Can't wait to see it applied.

October 8th everyone!! I want pepperoni!! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.