Confrontation the Fan Film

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by crutag-ventor, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Joe you are a bit tense about the driving thing.....some of the best times I've ever had is when I got lost.

also check out the new trailer for the Matrix HOLY CRAP!!
  2. Elvish_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    heh heh, i hear that, Sacul! although in my position, i wasn't the one driving... :D
    anyways, when are you guys planning on actually filming the bugger? i wouldn't mind helping in some way, but i have a pain-in-the-butt schedule these days that include lots of homework that i need to do cuz my grades are already... yeah... but if you do anything around Turkey Break, i should be free. that is kind of a ways away, though.
  3. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    One thing we do need is extra's and people for a montage scene of death and mayhem.

You know the more I think about it the more I think Warp 11 needs to do a theme song for character.

Possible titles:
    "Killing Jedi in my spare time"

"Losing my noggin."

"Sith heads a rollin."

"the 12 step program for my jedi killing addiction."

"S.I.T.H" (like 50 cents P.I.M.P)...hmmmmm I know enough rappers now to get that one done easy.

4. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Uh oh [face_shocked]

Hmmmmm it is head lopping time, but want to keep it star warish music bro. ;)

Yes, we need Jedi and we need Sith for the big Jedi slaughter scene.

Does anyone know the ingredients and know how to make fake blood? I discussed a certain beheading scene with sacul, and I think he liked it. ;) So, I need lots of blood. ;)
  5. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    But a lightsaber cauterizes (sp?) a wound. There is no blood because it burns the wound closed instantaneously.
  6. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I think he was joking....at least I think so.

I know the scene of which he speaks but very little blood (if any) would be needed.

unless I'm just really tired and lost.

my theme music could be played over the making of film. and be a bonus music disc.
  7. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    True, a light saber and energy blade, cauterizes, but the Sith's weapon doesn't.
  8. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Sith swords aren't going to do a whole lot of damage LDV (due to Runn's impressive skills) ;) but I think the blood recipe is corn starch, some water, red and a little blue food coloring. Plus, I thought you had all the blood covered. Your injuries would be the worst any of us gets
  9. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No Tionne, the scene I speak of is the Jedi slaughter scene that sacul and I have been discussing. It will take place while Fitsu, and Godric speak.
  10. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ohhhhhhhhhh.....I get it now. :D

Going back to my Hobbit-hole.
  11. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    LOL no worries Tionne. I have to leave for a few, but when I get back, I will PM you with the added footage sacul and I want to add. ;)
  12. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
  13. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    is this the extra scene where the female sith knights strip down and mud wrestle?
  14. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
  15. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah that was a good idea sacul, but not sure it will fly. ;) Besides, we may have to have you and I double as the Sith witches, and ummmm not sure I want all of you and me out there exposed like that [face_shocked] remember, we will have younger kids watching this. ;)
  16. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    DOH!!

Note to self: Have casting call at Gold Club Centerfold next week.
  17. qui-gundi_15 Jedi Master

star 4
    i have a bunch of poeple ready to do extra work if you need it.

that is some of the playmate friends i have.
  18. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *rolls eyes and mutters to noone in particular* boys!

This fan film is gonna turn into something else if we don't stay focused.

19. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
  20. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    And your point is Tionne? ;)

LOL

Anyway, I found a fake hand that looks real at the halloween shop here for $5.99. Anyone else have a better deal? We need it for Tionnes scene when she looses it. ;) I figure we could show it hitting the ground, with the cut end smoldering. ;)
  21. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Bottles of blood are 3.99 at wal-mart. btw.

we could have some blood. I think the one thing this movie has going for it that none before it has is that it's so different, a different time period, old weapons and it's going to be something none have seen before.

the montage shot goes a long way to estabishing how the sith and jedi swords of the era work. which is why i loved drippy's script so much and can't wait to use it as sequel material.
    we'll need to tweak it as we go a bit to really get the point across, because while we understand it the viewer wont until we show them. so blood might be a key if done right. don;t worry it wont be over done and it's part of the story not just a cool effect.

with the shots and style we've all been talking about this could really be something all new. and isn't that what we want?
  22. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    sacul, that post brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.

Now, for those who may be confused...

Since we are close to filming this thing, I will reveal part of this stories appeal here in the thread now.

The reason this movie will put us above the rest is because of its era and primitive type weapons used in the star wars galaxy. To clarify what some may be thinking of the infamous Sith Sword. It does not glow. It does not vibrate. It is not hot to the touch. It is a blade PERIOD.

And trust me, crutag and I did extensive research on this last year. Here is the information I found on the Sith Swords. This is straight out of the book 'Secrets of the Sith'...

Sith Swords
    Predating the lightsabers of the latter-day Sith, the blades on a Sith sword were made of alchemically altered metal and never became dull. These swords were able to deflect blaster fire and lightsabers.

Okay, that is a direct quote from the book. So, as you can see, they do not hum, glow, or burn. Hence the blood splattered when these swords were used. And as sacul said above, the blood will be used in discretion and for the sake of telling the viewers of the era of this story. I would never use blood and gore for cheap effects and thrills. I hate gore movies. But, if everyone remembers, when 'Old Ben Kenobi' cut Ponda Baba's arm off in the cantina, there was blood around the arm. And that was pretty graphic back in the 70's trust me. Most of you weren't even born then. And Luke lost his hand in ESB. So, there were some graphic moments in the movies, so we are not off track by showing a little, and again I say, only for telling the story and helping the viewer to relize the time and age of the galaxy.

If the Sith sword did hum or burn like a lightsaber then this would just be another Jedi vs Sith movie and I wouldn't be doing it. There are enough of those out there already. Everyone involved in this knows the story and thats what is so appealing to it. It is the FIRST one created.
  23. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    you know, I don't I'd ever thought about the blood is AnH till now...wow I can't believe I didn;t notice that until now.

thanks LDV I had thought up until now that the sith swords were like vibro blades. my bad. now I know we need that montage scene. blood and all.
  24. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Can one of the Jedi have long scraggly hair with his face half painted blue and a kilt?
  25. drippyzeo Jedi Master

star 4
    "They may take our lives, but they can never take...our FREEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!"

That would be sweet. Goofy, but sweet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.