Confrontation the Fan Film

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by crutag-ventor, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "Legacy of the Blade"?

"Legacy of the Saber" ??

"Legacy of the Legacy" ???

Ok, just got done watching ANH for the 2,900th time. (yawn) time to go to bed. I am on a mission to hit the 3,000 mark before Ep 3. ;)
  2. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The pics look good LDV, that's more or less what my designs will look like (only everyone's will be somewhat different). But it's good to know that you can do those designs so I won't be the only one working on it (i.e. it would take forever).

Personally I like
    "Dead Sith don't wear Plaid" or whatever that one was ;)

How about "Kiss the Blade" (in reference to our Sith designs and the story of the saber!) Ba da bing! :D

or not
  3. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We need to find out about permits for filming. At Folsom Lake, and the parking garage across from the Imax theater.

Also, do we want to film the killing scene at the Lake? I think another location would be best. Maybe I can drive there sometime this week and look around at another part of the lake and see if I can find a place that looks totally different. If not, I know of a place outside of Lincoln that has a nice stream/creek running. I think it would be a great place to shoot that scene.
  4. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    We could check out Lake Berryesa as well.

We might even find a neat place in Bencia with the oil refinery in the background.

as far as permits I don;t know if we need em. sounds like more trouble than we need.
  5. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We will have people coming from out of town on a certain night to film in downtown Sac, so I want to make sure we can film and as not to waste anyone's night.

As for locations, yeah refineries would be cool or....

Depending on what the weather does, the Sutter Buttes take on a certain wicked look just before they turn green.
  6. qui-gundi_15 Jedi Master

star 4
    i can do the jedi scene becuase i got the jedi costume.
  7. Elvish_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    ooh, how about "Bravesaber"! and i can lend my kilt! :p

related to earlier suggestions: "Genesis Blade"
    "Saber's Origin"/"Origin of the Saber"
  8. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I would at least talk to people in the know at the locations we want to film at. Just be sure to tell them it's a "Student film" so they might be more lenient with us. I'd rather have someone at these places know we were going to be there rather than having to kick us out just as Runn is trying to kill three Sith at once. Could get ugly. ;)
  9. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  10. drippyzeo Jedi Master

star 4
    Steel and Light

Edit: I'd also like to see the word Adamant in a title just because it looks so cool...plus it's a play on words because it refers both to the nature of Sith blades, and Runn Eridor's character.

The Adamant

Adamant Light

or simply...

Adamant

*shrug* I suck at titles.
  11. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Not bad, not bad.

Too bad we couldn't use a title that was being kicked around by Lucas - Revenge of the Jedi. ;) It fits what Runn does.

Hmmmmmmm wonder if we could get away with using it? ;)
  12. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't like it. This story isn't about revenge; it's about vindication. I think.

I still like "The Jedi's Weapon."
  13. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't like "Jedi's Weapon" either, so we need something else
  14. drippyzeo Jedi Master

star 4
    How about Nemesis? Oh wait.
    How about Insurrection? Oh wait.
    How about First Contact? Oh wait.
    How about Gener...never mind.

Man, this is hard.
  15. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I was thinking since you wanted to make this a series, we could have a title then a subtitle. Like "A Jedi's Weapon: Adamant Light" for this one, since it's about lightsabers, then the next one could be "A Jedi's Weapon: Undying Resolve" or something, whatever fits.
  16. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I've been thinking about how we are going to explain to viewers about the Sith swords and I have a few ideas.

1: Take the montage scene Devon and I were working on and move it to the front of the film. have a narrator explain the war against the sith and how it's changed since they began using those new blades.

it would be something like the begining to Fellowship of the ring whan Galadriel does that voice over.

I think that would be a good way to do it.

The Narrator would be Lemha or the other council member.

Any thoughts?

Oh and I picked up a bottle of blood, 3.99 at walmart, I can get more later I just wanted to see how good it was and it's decent.

17. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hmmmmmmmmm, I thought the 'scroll' is where we were going to explain the Sith Sword?

EDIT: We have got to get a chat room up so we can chat, instead of doing the thread post thingy
  18. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Well that too. but the scroll is only so long Bro, either way a voice over on the montage needs to be quite clever.

19. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So after long and tedious hours (okay it was 10 minutes) of racking my brain I came up with this

"Forged by Light: Vindiction"

It describes basically how the battle has started and why, we can add different terms as subtitles for the following tales of Runn Eridor.

Just my two credits before running off to another class. :)

20. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
  21. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I like that too!

We need to discuss the mantage bro. I have it set up in the script during the Fitsu/Godric scene. But if you want it somewhere else, we need to figure it out.
  22. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    What if we replaced the crawl with the opening montage with the voice over? I kinda like that better than the crawl.
  23. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I want to keep the scroll, for two reasons.

1. Its like a landmark of a Star Wars movie

and

2. Besides using the montage scene and narration, we have alot to explain.

If everyone likes, we can place the montage scene after the scroll and right after my scene of being ambushed. We could show my ship going down toward the moon, then fade to a narration from Fistu expaining the weapon while showing the scene, and then fade to Nar Shadda and Runn's opening appearence
  24. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So can we keep it? :D

That might be a little too much skipping around with the timeline, but it might work in the end who knows. Let's get those shots first and then we can edit and play around with voice-overs. Gotta love digital filmmaking, eh Pacman? No more cutting frames of film!
  25. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Ok it's me Sacul for some reason I can't log on as Sacul-1138 tonight so I'm the merc with a mouth tonight.

we could have both scroll and voice over.

Oh I ran into Kirk tonight...aka Brightsith...remember him? been awhile. he's still in Davis but has no Net...NO NET people it's like he's in the stone age or something.

anyway he sends his best. said feel free to e-mail him he gets to check e-mail once in awhile.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.