main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Confrontation the Fan Film

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crutag-ventor, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    sounds cool! I will have to look into it.

2. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Until tomorrow my friend.

3. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Likewise, my brother!

Will be looking forward to your email of the Sith Sword. ;)

4. fn_clone

fn_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Looks like a got here a few minutes to late tonight. I agree with everyone elses comments on the fan film meeting today, it went really well.

5. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    i thought it went good too. sorry about being distracted by that geek early on. he's a guy i know who i've been trying to get a hold of for a while.
    so one of us gets a double-bladed sword?

6. Master_Jedi_Cecil

Master_Jedi_Cecil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    What time did you guys leave yesterday? I went there at about 1715. Yet again i am sorry but I wont be able to go to the meeting at the lake. Gotta work. Hey Elvish, if you go, I'll give you my money and you can get my shirt for me.

7. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    dude, we left about 1730-1745 yesterday. we spent long time hangin' out in the science fiction aisle just talking and getting in people's way. ;)

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Yes, but it was fun getting in peoples way. ;)

9. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    LDV The e-mail has been sent! ;)

10. Master_Jedi_Cecil

May 28, 2002
    cr@p. i went tdown to the mags. didn't see anybody so i went home. i should have known you guys would be there. that's cool. LDV, i know you wanna get my shirt off your hands so were just going to have to have another meeting.

11. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    MJC Is this Saturday work schedule going to go into October?
    If so we may need to get a new Sith. :p

12. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    crutag, I got the email. I am starting to work up a workable design of the hilt. One question though, what is that at the tip of the blade?

So, what are we gonna call ourselfs? As in -

This is a
    SAC VALLEY ROGUE FORCE PRODUCTION?

How does that sound? Anyone else have any ideas?

13. pacman

pacman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    Unfortunatley I have returned from my trip into the wilderness and my time among the giant redwoods has come to an end. #&%@!!! :_|

So did anything happen at the meeting that i should know about? When are we meeting next?

14. fn_clone

fn_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I hear ya pacman, trips to the wilderness are never long enough.

Our little meeting went well. We made some additions to the script and discussed some of the aspects of the film. The next time we're planning to get together is on the 17th around midday to scout out some areas that we can use in the film. Then the plan is to just go from there to the movie that we were already planning for that night. I'm sure either crutag or LDV can get you a copy of the revised script.

15. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Hey Elvish check your emails. I sent you a few emails with concept art about your costume. You know, the one's crutag and I told you about, and one more I found that might suit you. ;)

16. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    Morning peeps. I see the meeting went pretty well.

I may have a bad new situation coming up. I found out friday that they are closing the dept I work in here. (not the first time I've had that happen here), I'm pretty sure it won't effect my part in the film at all, but it's hard to say that it wont.

I'm not out of a job just getting shuffled off to a new dept, which shouldn't effect my schedule too much...that and I can find a way around nearly anything.

But I'll know more soon about wht's gonna happen with it.

*Plus I'll more than likely not have access to the net from work in this new Dept....which is the worse part of all.

I was thinking about the movie quite a bit though and I was thinking: Could the Padawan take his Masters sword when he leaves?
    That way he can fight the Sith with two blades. Sure it takes more work but I think we could pull it off.

17. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    sacul-1138 sorry to hear about your job. :( Maybe things are for the better. ;) Your idea sound good, the only thing that comes to mind is the Elder Jedi lost his sword and was using the lightsaber, that is why he was able to kill off all of the Sith Knights in the first place. Now if you want two swords to fight with that has been added into the script. In your first confrontation with the Sith you cleverly take one of the Knights swords from him. Does that work for you? ?[face_plain]

pacman Our next meeting will be to go over location shooting like fn_clone said. We did add a few more lines to the dialog between the two Jedi?s to reinforce the bond they have and his reluctance to leave him (per your suggestion) ;) . We also brainstormed on cool visual effects for the energy-sword.

LDV If possible (that thing at the top) would be some kind of hook at the end of the blade. I was thinking that it would be something to distinguish Sith Lords from Knights, along with the braids at the end (per e-mail). ?[face_plain]

18. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    Sounds good to me.

Do you guys have info I can see on the swords, what they look like, how they work, etc etc.

19. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Yes, LDV and I do. If one of us has an e-mail for you we can forward what we have to you. ;)

20. Master_Jedi_Cecil

May 28, 2002
    Maybe it would be best if we gave my part to someone else. I'm not going to have the time especially with school coming up. That's cool though, I con still enjoy it when it's finished and I would still love to hear about the prodution.

21. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Castings call for dangerous Sith Knight!

Anybody up for it?

Sword skills a bonus! :D

22. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    This doesn?t need to be played by a Man it can be a woman *cough* Aunt Jan Jar Mimah *cough*

23. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Lol! I'm such a terrible actress. Only ask me in supreme desperation. I'm terribly clumsy ("Mesa clumsy") I'm likely to trip over my lightsaber and stab myself.

I'm jealous everyone had fun without me though. I can't wait to see everyone in a little over a week on the 17th. And I can't wait to have my t-shirt! :D

24. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    You have yet to confront the most dangerous Sith Knight of all.....a woman! I dunno boys, could you handle that? I'd do it if I could, you don't mind that I'm only 5'1", do you?

Bridget,
    The knee-biting Sith.

25. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    TionneHawk its been a long time. ;) Good to hear from you! Do you have any sword experience? It would require the dedication of three entire days plus the cost of getting a costume together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.