main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Confused Jedi Thinking - Yoda

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by only one kenobi, Jan 12, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    C'baoth is even less of an example of how Jedi should conduct themselves than Anakin is. I do remember his granting himself the Jedi Master title; once I got over being annoyed I found it hilarious.

And the Jedi were right, Anakin was not stable. I wonder if Anakin had been the only Jedi with emotional stability issues and/or if the Order had Healers on hand to help with those issues.

As far as Obi-Wan framing the request that way, I know, but at the time that he did it, Anakin was in a flaming rage and wasn't hearing anything other than blood pounding in his ears. I think it might have made a difference if the Jedi had framed the request that way when they initially asked him. But I could be wrong.

2. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    That certainly gives him a better reason for his actions and makes it seem less of a selfish moan. I think it would have been better to show that in the movie as it gives the character more depth. Another reason why the novelisations can be an improvement (in some ways!)

Yeah, the Council's way of 'framing' the request seems to have consisted of telling Obi-Wan to speak to Anakin in private. And given that Obi was obviously reluctant to ask this of him, he didn't come across very convincingly. Hence "the Council is asking you" [face_worried]