confused over C3PO

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by dorothymantooth, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. inkswamp Jedi Knight

star 3
    Do you remember the bike you owned when you were 15? I don't. There are a lot of bikes in the world. In the galaxy of SW, there are a lot of protocol droids. I can think of several right off the bat (beginning of TPM, beginning of ANH, in Cloud City.) I don't think Vader would give the site of Threepio a second thought... anymore than I might recognize a bike I owned as a teenager.
  2. CBright7831 Jedi Master

star 4
    I just finished answering the same question in another thread.

The force works in mysterious ways.
  3. IH2 Jedi Knight

star 2
    The empire, and Vader, learn of the Droids identies on Tatoine, which I also find odd that Vader is at Tatoine in a ANH and thinks nothing of it, the Empire also learns the identies of who bought the droids. Owen and Beru Lars, and they promtly burn them down. So Vader indirectly kills more of his family. Helping the rebellion in Vaders eyes......
    Now I ask you, are they just looking for a gold protocol droid and a blue astro mech droid, since there are so many of these as people have stated, they must be identified some how. Vader also asks about droids when the Death Star captures the Falcon...
    I surmise that Vader does know the droids are called C3PO and R2D2..but it matters little to him...why should it?? .and when he senses obi wan on the falcon, you can conjecture that Vader reasoned obi-wan was hiding right under his nose when he was at Tatoine and captured Leia. he just doesn't say anything...I don't believe there is a problem at all....
  4. BothofUs Jedi Master

star 4
    There's also my personal favorite ret-conned theory that the reason Vader held down Boba's blaster is that he wanted to save 3PO

That's what I choose to believe.
  5. inkswamp Jedi Knight

star 3
    The empire, and Vader, learn of the Droids identies on Tatoine,

You're making quite a leap there. Do you have a source to confirm that? We know from the film that the stormtroopers are on the trail of the droids, but at no point is it confirmed that they know the actual identities of the droids. The stormtroopers who stop Obi-Wan and Luke near Mos Eisley seem too casual at first if your assumption is correct. I think they know that it's a pair of droids that they're looking for but I don't think they know the specifics.
  6. CBright7831 Jedi Master

star 4
    Vader just wanted to get on with things. That's all. Not because he wanted to save C3PO or anything like that. Because he wanted to get on with things, and Boba shooting Chewbacca would stop things.

BTW, I think it was real stupid of me to get banned for posting a Episode III spoiler in the prequel trilogy forum. Especially since George Lucas himself gives away the spoiler in the AOTC commemtary.
  7. Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    Vader: "R2 never told you what happened to your maker, 3PO."

sPO: "He told me enough! He told me you killed him!"

Vader: "No, 3PO, I am your maker."

3PO: "How perverse!"
Moderators: Bazinga'd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.