main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Confusion about Maul's brothers

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Cortosis Miner, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Cortosis Miner

Cortosis Miner Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2013
    Based on my relatively recent exposure to the expanded universe (and recently having read "Plagueis") I'm still confused about Maul's bothers. It's clear Opress isn't Maul's twin, but is Feral?

If his mother is to be believed, then Palpatine took Maul and Maul's brother would have been enslaved by the Darthomirian witches, right?

Seems like a potentially interesting angle that I (at least) don't have clarity on, unless Feral is Maul's twin.

I'd like to think the twin brother of Maul would have been pretty formidable.

2. LivingJediDream

LivingJediDream Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2010
    Why is it clear that Savage isn't Maul's twin?

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yeah, I thought Savage was Maul's twin, and Feral was their half-brother.

4. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    From what I understand and what's on the Wook, it appears that Savage is the older brother to Maul (he's stated to be born prior to 54 BBY, the year Maul was born), so my assumption was that Feral could well have been Maul's twin brother. We know that Nightsister custom has the father killed immediately following the birth of a child, so Kycina's first mate who fathered Savage was presumably killed, and then she likely mated with another Nightbrother and gave birth to Maul and Feral. It makes sense to me, as the first time I saw Feral, I kinda viewed him as a "lighter" version of Maul, the yin to Maul's yang, so to speak. Their physical builds such as height are rather similar too, while Savage was clearly the tallest of the three (although admittedly, not by too much over Feral). I will note that this is all personal speculation on my part, but it makes sense that this could well be the case.

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    This is supported by Savage's "my kin was killed" comment. That comment gave me the impression that Maul is Savage's biological brother while Feral is Savage's adoptive brother.

Speaking of which, if either of the other two are Maul's biological brother, can we assume that there's a red parent and a yellow parent?

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The red and yellow are both tattooed on. Their actual skin color is tan:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zabrak

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I always thought that only the black was tattoed on. Your idea is interesting.

8. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I don't believe Maul and Savage are real brothers. They just call each other that way.
    Darth Plagueis is the only novel that states that Maul even has a biological brother.

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    So does The Wrath of Darth Maul.