main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Conglomeration Planning Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    As I mentioned at the last book club I was going to contact Conglomeration programming about the possibility of a "Meet the Star Wars Fan Groups" type panel. They seemed pretty receptive to the idea so I'm recruiting all the area fan groups right now. I'll be representing the Rebel Legion and can also rep the LGA but it might be nice to have another LGA member or members to do that. So if you're good with public speaking and feel like pimping our group let me know. It will also be nice for me to have a backup organizer in case I have to work that weekend. You would be responsible for welcoming all the other groups, making my apologies for not being there and just getting the panel rolling. The panel is penciled in for Saturday in the ballpark of 3-5PM. Right now the Mando Mercs are on board big time. They said they're going to have about 10 members there and are also doing a panel on "costuming on a budget". I think they're going to make a big splash. I'm waiting to hear back from the local 501st and the KSWCC. Even if you don't feel like being a panelist come on out anyway. The more the merrier.

I'll keep everyone up to date on developments

http://www.conglomeration.info/

2. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    This is a great idea, Mika! We would love to help anyway we can! We will keeping those dates open.:)

3. DarthZannah

DarthZannah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2008
    I"m in Mika, and if Appo isn't busy with Imperial business, he'll be there too. I don't know if I should rent a room for the night or not. We'll be going for Saturday. I'll have my Sith armor ready by then. If you can't make it, I'll need to have detailed intel of what I need to do. Set up, tables, etc. Maybe an in depth CON-versation at one of our March and or April meet and eats. Even if you won't need someone to step in, I would still like to be involved in helping out where ever you would need it. Set ups... where ever. [face_batting]

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks. It's always nice to know I have people to depend on. This is a great group.

5. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    I booked a room for Saturday night on the 10th. However, I can be there for all three days. I believe the Con runs from Thursday the 9th, threw Sunday the 11th? Are we doing set ups all three days Mika? And guess what guys! I can also represent "The Dark Empire" while I'm there. Mua-ha-ha!!! Oh I'll have that armor done by then, in fact, by the middle of March at the very latest. [face_batting]

6. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002

What is the actual location in Louisville for this? I would love to go :)

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    And we would love to have you. Just follow the magical link above :) It's at InnPlace which used to be the Clarion. It's off of Hurtsbourne Ln by the I-64 interchange.

Zannah, the 9th is actually a Friday. The con runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday but in the past Friday doesn't get started until after work (since the con is run by all volunteers who have real lives). It's a full day Saturday, and Sunday is usually about a half day too since people are checking out of their rooms then. We're not doing a fan table, those cost money! Just the 1 hour or so panel on Saturday. It will be a good way to get the word out about us (and the other groups). Another way to get attention at a con is just to walk around in your costume which I plan to do. It's a real small con since it's fan run but it will give you a good idea how a larger scale con runs as well...registration...guests...panels...game room....con suite...room parties...dealer room...all those things are pretty much standard at any con.

The good news is I have my next work schedule and I was able to make some deals and I definitely have ConGlomeration weekend off. So Zannah if you want to rep the Dark Empire at the panel that would be fine. Just check with your Sithy overlords first though but I can't think of any reason they would say no. Maybe 11-11 or someone else wants to rep the LGA and I can rep the Rebel Legion. There's still time to figure everything out though. And since I know now I have that weekend off I have some other plans that will be discussed off boards at our next get together.

8. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    Mika... [face_batting] Good deal, we'll talk more at our next meeting then. I'm getting very excited about this... after your last post, I've got a very good idea what we are doing. An actual panel... yea, that is exciting stuff. I like! We'll be celebrities! Well.. kinda. [face_batting]

9. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    Very good news. I received a response this evening from Lord Kraven, about my representing the Dark Empire at Conglom. And it's a go. I'm absolutely 100% a full member... they liked my pics very much. So it's a go, go, go. [face_dancing] This is getting more exciting by the minute! [face_batting]

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Excellent! I gave him a heads up this weekend you may be asking him.

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    As I mentioned last night at the Meet and Eat I went ahead and got a room for the weekend. Friday Night of the con (April 9th) everyone is invited to come by for a club get together. Invite only but feel free to bring guests. No big, sit around and maybe order some pizza and we can see if we can hook a DVD player to the hotel TV and watch some movies. I'm thinking between 6 and 7PM (or whenever you can make it). You don't have to buy a con badge/membership to come into the hotel. I won't know what room I'm in until the day of check in (3PM). If you're interested let me know and I'll PM you that day with the room number.

12. Evanakin

Evanakin Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2010
    OOH MEME!! :D Sounds like a blast! Can't wait!

13. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    I'll be there Mika, I can also pitch in on pizza, cokes, beer, whatever. Not sure if I'll be bringing a guest with me on Friday... most likely not, however, I think Band and Miss Bane might come to the room party on Saturday. =D= Sith never give up. It's taken me two years to break him down... but he finally came out to play. (whew)! I think I'm weakening him.... hmmmm. [face_thinking] [face_batting]

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Room party Saturday? Whachu' talking about Whills? I don't know anything about a Saturday party and if I did I sure wouldn't post it on an open forum. Just us getting together privately for some laid back fellowship Friday night.

Unrelated topic. Ever seen the movie "Fight Club"? Great movie.

15. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    I'm losing my mind.... I totally misunderstood all the details.. so many of us talking and attentions divided and all... I must have gotten the panel thing and parties mixed up... also... simply misunderstanding, :oops: and aside from my mix up, I'm "obviously" still learning etiquette. [face_worried] This is one of those times when you wish the ground could open up and swallow you. I apologize Mika, dearly so. @};-

16. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002

Fight Club was an awesome movie!

17. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    Mika, in compensations for my blundering confused and socially inept shebs, I'll gift the "Stealth" to you. FORCE PUSH!!! There... it's in your driveway, all yours. This has been a lesson learned.. promise. [face_batting]

18. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002

well now Zannah, since you're giving out Stealth X's and all.....where is mine? :)

19. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    Well, the only one I had is at Mikas now... but good luck getting it from him. [face_mischief] I don't know what I'm going to tell Appo when he gets home... I gave his anniversary gift to me to Mika. :D But I think he'll understand... I hope. [face_whistling]

20. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002

LOL! He may not even see that it's gone ;)

21. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    It's okay Zannah, I know you Sith are always trying to sow confusion among your enemies :)

And hey! I got a sweet Stealth X out of the deal. After I check it for booby traps I'm going to take it for a spin :)
    (Beware of Sith bearing gifts)

22. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    Mua-ha-ha! Yay! I'm back in the saddle... feels good. Yesterday was an eternity... O.K.!!! [face_love]

About your Stealth my Jedi friend... hmmmm. Maybe a tracking device, however, I "could" just be saying that to get you to go out and waste time searching for it. ;) Or... it "could" be there for real. And I just "might" have to steal it back from you. Nah... I might be Sith, but gifts are gifts. :cool: I'll just make Appo get me another one. He goes on campaigns quite often. You know how those are... burning and pillaging and all. Or maybe that would be... pillage first, then burn? [face_thinking] no matter. Hey Mindtwister, you were right, he didn't even notice it was gone! When I told him, he was shocked, but understood why.

I can see his eyes rolling now, :rolleyes: when I tell him to get me another one.:*

But he will do it. After all, he "is" my Commander, answering directly to me ya know. "Anything to please mam". Tee-Hee! He spoils me... can you imagine that? [face_batting]

23. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Sweet! I got a Stealth X X-Wing varient toy with my Happy Meal yesterday! I had heard they were going to be released in limited markets but I wasn't expecting to see any in Louisville. Woot! Check it out...front and center with my other ship toys...

[image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/jedimika/234.jpg]

I went back to ask if they had any more but the counter person said they didn't see any :(

24. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    LOL!!!!! Silly McDonalds workers! They are supposed to turn the cloak off when they arrive. Oh my.. LOL!!! That is Sweet Mika!

25. Farad

Farad Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    It looks like I will miss part or all of Conglomeration as I am getting my Wisdom teeth pulled that preceding Thursday. :_| .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.