Lou, KY Conglomeration Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Bummer dude! I'll still PM you the room number when I know it just in case. Hope it all goes well!

2. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Okay, the programming schedule is up...

http://www.conglomeration.info/2009/10/programming-for-conglomeration-2010.html

Our Star Wars Fan Groups panel is Saturday from 3-3:55 PM in the Ballroom. I've got the Rebel Legion covered, Zannah has the Dark Empire...anyone want to speak for the LGA? Zannah and I can cover if no one wants to but it might be nice to have another representative.

3. DarthZannah Jedi Master

star 3
    Thanks Mika, I copied a schedule out for myself. [face_batting]
  4. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Tacky Question:

Let's say you are one of those people who actually get paid to speak to large crowds, and would not mind at all to talk about our wonderful club on a Saturday afternoon, and then go watch some cos-players.

Would you still have to pay the 40 bucks for the entry fee, or is there a one day pass for less?

/cheepskate
  5. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    No not tacky at all. Unfortunately even panelists pay for their badges. Even all the people you see volunteering their time have to buy in. The only people that don't pay are the Guests of Honor. It doesn't look like they're offering one day passes either.

PM sent
  6. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm your Vanna White, guys.

Of course, if anyone else wants to also represent the LGA feel free.

Jammies
  7. DarthZannah Jedi Master

star 3
    =D= Wonderful Jammies! It'll be good to see you there! Who all is going? [face_batting]
  8. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Well, Becka and i shall be there. Of Course, you asked us to share with your room with you.
  9. DarKyram Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Hey everyone! I'm Dar Kyram, an active member of the Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club. I just recently got stationed in Ft. Knox, and so I'll be joining ya'll at ConGlom! I just signed up on the 501st and Rebel Legion forums, and Jedimika linked me here so... I just wanted to introduce myself! I'll be the short angry looking blue Mando. Hopefully I'll see ya'll there!
  10. Cungr_Vanck Jedi Knight

star 3
    Welcome aboard! Though be prepared to be bombarded with questions and request for advice for Mando armor.
  11. DarKyram Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    That's fine! I'm always willing to do what I can to promote the Mercs and encourage others to join our ranks!
  12. Jai-Rew-Sett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Greetings Darkyram! I am also on the mercs(forum), not yet official though. I'm still working on my armor & will have it ready and hopefully approved by CV. On the merc boards I go by Ajon Dren. I would like to be at this con, but I doubt I'll make it. Good to have ya on here vod.
  13. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  14. DarKyram Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Hey Ajon! Glad to see another Mando on here.

I have a thread I started on the Mercs board for us Kentucky guys. I'm in the process of trying to get us organized, rostered, and in touch with everyone here in the area. It's my Army OCD kicking in trying to gain an accountability of who's in the state.

Anyway, check out this link:

http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?board=115.0

This'll take you to the TN/KY area on the mercs forums. Check out Kentucky Mercs thread and let us know what you need help on! I'm always willing to help out others. It's a shame you're not going to ConGlom!

Hit me up sometime!
  15. Jai-Rew-Sett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Will do vod, nice kit by the way. I dig your helm!

OYA
  16. 11-11 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Welcome to the boards DarKyram!:)
  17. DarthZannah Jedi Master

star 3
    Greetings Dar Kyram, and welcome! Awesome having a Mando around. I'll be at Conglom, so I'll see you there. My husband is also in the military (Ky. Guard) and also works out of Fort Knox. Our little club does lots of awesome things together. We have a book club that meets bi-monthly, we go out to dinner one night a month, get together for parties, going to museums, all kinds of things. Hope you can join us for most everything we get in to. Looking forward to this weekend for sure! See ya then. [face_batting]
  18. DarKyram Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Again, thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm glad to be around other costumers finally! Back in Nevada it was just me and my best friend, and unfortunately he never finished his armor before I left.

So here I am! I want to be as actively involved with everything as possible. I'm only here until the end of the year, then I'll be gone pretty much all 2011 'cause I'll be down range in Afghanistan. So, you guys have a Mandalorian in the area you can show off. I come with Mando-fu action grip and interchangable weapon accessories. Some assembly is required though.
  19. Evanakin Jedi Knight

Greetings Dar Kyram! Glad to have you with us. I too will be at Conglom. I'm going as a custom Chiss Sith named Darth Nocturnus. I'm pretty sure we'll spot each other since we are both blue ]-}. I look foward to seeing you there and at future LGA events!
  20. DarKyram Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Hey everyone. I'm really looking forward to meeting ya'll tomorrow, and this weekend.

I am a bit lost on where I'm going and what the hours for the con are.

I work Friday, but I hear it'll be open late?

If anyone is interested in linking up with me for the con, or before the con, hit me up with a PM and I'll give you my number before Friday afternoon. I'm kinda shootin' in the dark here, 'cause I don't have a clue where anyone'll be at! Lol

So anyway, yeah, again, thanks for the warm greetings all and I look forward to seeing ya'll!
  21. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    OK

So, this panel discussion... will we have a table? If so, can we(I) bring props (books, models, etc.)? And, if we do have a table, does anyone have a tablecloth? Or, better yet a Star Wars Bedsheet?

Jammies

I don't even have a table, much less a table cloth.
  22. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Jammies--It's not going to be quite that formal. Other panels usually have a table everyone sits at and shares and talks to the audience as a whole. We're in the ballroom so I'm not sure what that will entail, we may be up on stage or standing in front of the stage talking to the crowd.

DarKyram--It's a small volunteer run con so it doesn't even get started until after work on Friday. Saturday is the big day. If you didn't read the previous posts I have a room for the weekend and Friday night we're gonna hang out and socialize. Strictly low key. Consider yourself one of us (I do) and come on by and feel free to invite some of your fellow mercs.

Everyone--As stated when I get checked in I'll PM everyone the room number. I'll also give you my "con phone" number. This is the cell phone that usually resides in my vehicle for emergencies only but comes out at conventions so Mrs JediMika (and whomever else) can reach me. Come on by about 7pm and we'll see if we can get pizza delivered to the hotel room. If not there's a DQ next door. There's a new Clone Wars episode at 9pm we can watch assuming the hotel has Cartoon Network (I would think they do).

Any last questions?
  23. DarKyram Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Hey, Jedimika. I believe I sent you my number in a PM on Rebel Legion. Feel free to give me a call tonight, let me know when and where to be. I should be off work around 4 or 5 or so.

Is anyone else thinking of suiting up for tonight at the con? Or ya'll just gonna wait for tomorrow?
  24. DarthZannah Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey Mika, are you wearing a costume tonight? Is anyone? [face_batting]

Also, I have a few things for our Friday private club thing. I'll be there around 4:00pm. today, to help you with whatever.

And some of the Mando Merks are going to be there, also sitting on the panel with us. [face_batting]
  25. Cungr_Vanck Jedi Knight

star 3
    My fiancee and I will be there tonight. Just PM the room number and time and we will be there.

I wasn't planning on wearing a costume to tonight's outing. Figured I would wear something to the room party tomorrow (if I can make it.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.