main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Conglomeration Room Party

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Drk Father1, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Hokay! John, Patrick, and Myself have been kicking around the idea of going in together and reserving a room one night that weekend so we can have our room party. Rooms are $69.00 per night. We'd probably only do it one night, and things would be kept calm. I think Saturday would probably be the best idea.

John suggested we run some Star Wars RPG or other games for us Fanforce members, and generally just all hang out together.

Anyone else interested? (The more who add, the cheaper it will be for all of us ;))

2. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    Yeah, I'm in (but you already knew that). I say we only get the room for one night, and my vote is for Saturday. I assume that's when most of the room parties are going on.

-John

3. Darthcrawford02

Darthcrawford02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    Count me in too for Saturday. Also we can get a good roleplaying game going too.

Patrick

4. tinkerwench

tinkerwench Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Saturday is the night when all the room parties occur.

Chris and I will be getting a room for the weekend. Easier to costume and have the stuff we need for oour panel discussions.

So if you need someone to hang out with we'll be there 24 hrs!

5. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    SOunds like a plan man ;)

6. Darthcrawford02

Jun 9, 2002
    I'll go ahead with the room. All who want to chip in can pay me back later. I'll probably make the reservations this weekend, if nobody objects.

Later,

Patrick

7. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    That's cool. Just let me know how much I owe you!

8. Jedi_AzizoRho

Jedi_AzizoRho Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2002
    Hi. I also have a room at the Con, but it will already have 1-2 costumers in it and possibly another person. So, I can't offer it up for a party. I will be in the Gaming room alot (I'm on game staff). Hope to see you there. Don't forget about the Star Wars LARP on Saturday morning. Costumes are encouraged. Anyone wishing to join in should a character concept to lmnic3@bellsouth.net

9. Darthcrawford02

Jun 9, 2002
    I have made the reservation for that Saturday. We'll talk more about the plans for the party at the next meeting

10. Kai-Rhann

Kai-Rhann Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    I'm in the "considering it" stage of attending ConGlomeration. Though I'm not from the Louisville/Northern Ky region...hopefully a Central/South Eastern Ky Jedi would be welcome...

It all hinges on the cash flow...if I can afford the trip I'll certainly attend. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see who'll be there and where, and who's having parties and so forth...

Hope to see you there...

--Kai

11. Xaverri

Xaverri Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    I am utterly jealous of all you people!!!!! Oh well, there's always next year... :(

12. Kai-Rhann

Jan 12, 2002
    If I end up going, it may be only for Saturday...That does make for a long day-trip, but it would be worth it to meet up with some like-minded fans...

Why can't you go, Lady Xaverri? You're in the Louisville area right? You could always try for a single day...

--Kai

13. Xaverri

Xaverri Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    Not only am I so broke it hurts, but my birthday is the 5th, and one of my presents was a ticket to Ozzfest in Columbus... you guessed it, on the 3rd. At least I'll be having fun, just not the same fun as all you lucky ducks :p

14. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Well now you can consider me one of the jealous ones as well. I don't know yet if I'll be at the Con, but I'd love to go to Ozzfest, but cannot :(
    So at least do me a favor and enjoy the concert, and perhaps I'll get the chance to find out what ya thought of it:)

Jim

15. Xaverri

Xaverri Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    Don't feel too bad if you're an Ozzy fan. He won't be there, because Sharon's having chemo and he wants to be with her (of course). It's actually System of a Down that's headlining now, but they are the main reason I wanted to go in the first place. So I guess I got lucky. I'll be sure and tell you all about it at the next meeting anyway, and you guys can fill me in on Conglomeration. Bring pictures!!!

16. Kai-Rhann

Jan 12, 2002
    Well, I understand the "so broke it hurts" part...I'm nearly there as well. Still, there's always hope. Even though you're going to Ozzfest, that's not on the same weekend as ConGlomeration...the dates for that are August 16th-18th, going by the website info.

At any rate, enjoy the concert....

--Kai

17. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    And keep in mind, those of you who aren't going to Conglomeration, can still come to the hotel room for the party that night! Its still a hotel, you just wouldn't be able to get into any of the Con events.

18. Kai-Rhann

Jan 12, 2002
    Hmmm...that sounds good too...I may at least try that...just to meet up with some of you guys...if that would be okay. Phil, could you let me know what room(s) you will have?

--Kai

19. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Errr, you'd have to ask Darthcrawford about that...he made the reservations!

20. Kai-Rhann

Jan 12, 2002
    Thanks, Drk Father1...I'll check with DarthCrawford about that....

--Kai

21. Darthcrawford02

Jun 9, 2002
    I have an Confermation number, but no room number yet. I only booked the one room should I go ahead and book another conjoining room. Just I thought. Just let me know. I will post the room number as soon as I find out or set a time when everyone can meet me, so I can give out the info. Let me know what everyone thinks about the second room.

Later,

Patrick

22. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Honestly one is probably enough, we don't want to get too expensive either.

23. Xaverri

Xaverri Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    OOOhhhh... I had my dates very mixed up. I might actually come out for the room party, if no one cares. Just let me know what to chip in!

24. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Cool! The more the merrier!

25. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    And of course, I will be there! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.