main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Conglomeration Room Party

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Drk Father1, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
  2. Darthcrawford02

Darthcrawford02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    Hello Everyone!

It was another great meeting last night. Thanks again to Bob and Greta for being great host. I got a chance to discuss the upcoming room party @ Conglomeration with a few people. It is next Saturday night. We agreed we should keep it alcohol-free to avoid any bad situations. We may want to keep it alittle low key, but we do want to invite the 501 members to the party. We pretty much decided we will have some soft drinks and snacks, maybe some pizza. If anyone has any ideas please post them here or e-mail me @ Patman3211@AOL.com or send me a private message. My home phone is 935-4015. It would be cool if someone makes a cake, hint, hint. We will get some Star Wars plates and napkins.

I will meet everyone around the Jail and Bail around 6:00 or 7:00 to give everyone the info on room number and stuff.If thata is good for everyone. I'm not sure when the maquared contest is, but I want to see oue group sweep the awards so give me a heads when that is so it won't conflict with that The Jail and bail is in a public place for those who do not want to attend the convention but wants to hang out with everyone at the room party. I will post what I will be wearing either Thursday or Friday for those who do not know who I am.

Please eget a hold of me if you have any ideas or suggestions or just post it here.

Patrick

3. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    A couple of Conglomeration-related notes on my end...

Yesterday I finally got to speak with Tony Thompson, who is in charge of gaming at the con, and is probably the hardest person to get ahold of that I've ever met. :) Anyway, he is going to really work with me to try and make a "Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast" tournament happen. There will be six PC's on the LAN, but I'd like to get as many people as possible to play (so play will just be in six-man rounds). From what we were discussing yesterday, the minimum will probably be around eight people. Signup sheets will be out on Friday, and based on interest we'll decide when (hopefully not IF) to have the actual tournament playing. I'm also donating some spare duplicate pieces from my collection to use as prizes. These include a signed & numbered Luke Skywalker mounted photo, autographed by Mark Hamill (includes COA), an uncut sheet of Topps "Episode II" trading cards, and a set of three original trilogy "Chromart" cells. So I hope a few of you will consider playing should the tournament happen.

I am actually going over to the hotel on Thursday at noon to volunteer to help Tony & others setting stuff up, including the PC's that are going to comprise the LAN. We plan to do some testing of the game with a dedicated server at that point and make sure all the systems will run it smoothly enough. I really don't anticipate any problems, though.

I will be free to do anything at the con so long it's not when I'm doing the JKII tourney, so if anybody else is doing anything and needs a hand, just let me know.

For the room party, I told Phil if anyone else was interested I'd run a short RPG game for those of us in the FF who are planning to be there. If you're coming to the room party and want to play, could you post here or PM me so I know how many pre-gen characters to make? It's going to be a "pot luck" style game, where you draw your character from a hat and play them. It also won't be very long; I'm thinking around two hours at the most at this point, so even if you don't plan on staying long you could still join the game.

Finally, does anyone know if you can get off at Exit 1 from I-65 North yet? I know I went over to Derby Dinner Playhouse a couple of months ago, and from 65N, Exit 1 is closed. You had to go past Exit 1 and get off at Exit 2, then get BACK on 65 going SOUTH, and get off at Stansifer Avenue (Exit 1) from 65S. Man, what a mess with all that construction crap going on over there.

-John

4. oggiebendoggie2001

oggiebendoggie2001 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 12, 2002
    Hey, John. In response to your question about the Stansifer Avenue exit - Yes! It is open now (believe it or not! :) ), and it is much improved over what it used to be. However, there is still an enormous amount of construction going on around the exit, both on I-65 and Stansifer Avenue. About half of the lanes on Stansifer that pass under I-65 are still shutdown. Nevertheless, you should be able to get through, even if you have to go west on Stansifer for a block or two and double-back.

Having said all that - there is also a "back" way in. If you use the 2nd Street Bridge, and follow the road that leads you past the front of the Colgate plant, you will be able to get to the Holiday Inn from the other side.

Unfortunately, I navigate by landmarks, and I'm terrible with street names. I'll drive through the route one day this week and post detailed instructions ASAP.

Bruce

5. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Thanks Bruce! We could all use that!

6. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    As for the room party, we should probably meet around 6:00. The masquerade starts I think at 8 or 8:30.

I like the pizza idea, maybe three or four, along with a couple bags of chips or something. And about three or four or more 2 liters and a cooler full of ice.

I can bring or contribute whatever...

7. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    So, really, the room parties probably don't get going until the convention closes for the day on Saturday. Frankly I can't see anybody going to a room party when the Masquerade is going on. I know I plan on going to that to see our members who are participating. So I assume we'll all meet at six just so we can take whatever crap we've brought up to the room (since Patrick will know the room number by then), but those who aren't coming to the con but were planning on stopping by the room should probably not show up until after the Masquerade, is that right?

-John

8. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    I think Patrick said that the jail and bail is in a public place, and if we all meet there, those who aren't attending the con could go ahead and go up to the room and hang out/set up/whatever.

9. Darthcrawford02

Jun 9, 2002
    I'll meet everyone at 6:00 so we can take stuff up tp the room and stuff. According to Louis the Jail and bail is in a public place. If anyone finds out otherwise please let us know so we can make other plans. I planning to be there Friday afternoon so maybe I can inquire about the room then so I can ge the room number in the forum that night. Does anyone know any close pizza places around the hotel so maybe we can order early before the maquared so we can pick it around 10:30 or so.

10. oggiebendoggie2001

oggiebendoggie2001 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 12, 2002
    There's tons of pizza places over there, not the least of which being Rocky's. If you haven't had one of Rocky's whole wheat crust pizzas, you haven't had pizza. :)

There's a couple of Papa John's & Domino's, too. I think there's a Pizza Hut (Pizza the Hutt?) that will deliver, too. I'm not sure about delivery from Rocky's, but it's a five minute drive from the hotel, so picking it up won't be a problem.

P.S. If they set up the jail & bail at the same place as last year, it will be in a corner of the downstairs lobby, just outside the dealer's room - which is a public place. If all else fails, there's the main lobby. I'll also bring some paper and a sharpie - there will be places to post notices for the room party.

11. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    I've heard Rocky's is pretty darn good, though I've never had it myself....

12. Darthcrawford02

Jun 9, 2002
    I vote for Rocky's myself, Never had the pizza, but I am willing to give it a try.

By the way does everyone want to meet up on Friday night at Conglomeration? IF so where and when?

13. Ben_Quadrineros

Ben_Quadrineros Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Hey all:

I don't get off work until 7:00 on Saturday, so could somebody just post the room number to the forum here if possible? If not, you can call my house and leave a message. My number is 241 9617.

Thanks!

14. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    I've been very busy at work this week and have had to stay late every night so far. So I haven't had a chance to do any prep-work for an RPG adventure for Saturday night. It doesn't look like I'll have the time to do it tonight or tomorrow, either, so I guess that's out. Maybe if it's done Phil can bring his SW Risk game, or somebody can bring SW Monopoly or something.

-John

15. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Actually I was going to bring the Risk game. I finished the board last night! It can be played by 2 to 6 players.

Star Wars Monopoly, Life, Statego, Trivial Pursuit, etc. would be nice too if anyone has those.

16. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    I added a brief update to the website about meeting at six o'clock by the Jail and Bail. Not that anyone who would read the site hasn't already been here and read the same thing, but still.

See you guys tomorrow.

-John

17. Darthcrawford02

Jun 9, 2002
    I'll bring my classic trilogy Trival persuit game. I'll try to post the room number on the site or I will call some people to get the word out. We will also be distributing fliers about it. We will get the word out.

18. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Unfortunately, I won't be able to be at the con this year, so I'll have to depend on some of you guys and gals to keep me up to speed on what happens there and what not......sigh....maybe next year :)

19. Darthcrawford02

Jun 9, 2002
    If any one needs the room number to thr room party call my cell @ 502-551-7609. Hope see a lot of you tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.