main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Congrats Australian Logie Winners Chris, Bec and Miranda!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Angela_Russell, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angela_Russell

Angela_Russell Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 6, 2004
    Congrats Australian Logie winners 2005 Bec Cartwright, Chris Hemsworth - Home & Away and Miranda Otto - Through My Eyes: The Lindy Camberlain Story!!!

Ciao!

2. Lurking_Around

Lurking_Around Jedi Knight star 6

May 26, 2002
  3. Jedi_Master_Anakin

Jedi_Master_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2002
    It's a term for "village idiot"

4. Angela_Russell

Sep 6, 2004
    The Australian Television Logie Awards. Bec Cartwright and Chris Hemsworth won a Logie award each for H&A so that proves to all you haters that it is not a bad show. Also H&A is on the much watch list for several TV guides in the newspapers for the Summer Bay Stalker storyline, Josie "Laurie Foell" Russell is on the cover for one of them.

Miranda Otto also won a Logie for the miniseries "Through My Eyes".

Ciao!

5. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    The Australian Television Logie Awards. Bec Cartwright and Chris Hemsworth won a Logie award each for H&A so that proves to all you haters that it is not a bad show. Also H&A is on the much watch list for several TV guides in the newspapers for the Summer Bay Stalker storyline, Josie "Laurie Foell" Russell is on the cover for one of them.

You do realise that it is an extremely small and unrepresentative cross-section of the community that actually even bothers to vote for them. Not to mention that there is no limit on the number of times that a single person can vote, so if you get the TV Week as your TV guide, you automatically have the chance to vote 4 times.

If there was any real worth to the Logies (excluding the "Outstanding" category as they are actually voted for by the industry) John Wood would have won a Gold Logie years ago while Bec Cartwright would never have. Not to mention that Stingers would have received the due credit long before it was in danger of being axed.

6. Jedi_Master_Anakin

May 25, 2002
    Maybe the dingo ate your baby.

p.s. what song is your sig from? I can't remember.

7. Angela_Russell

Sep 6, 2004
    Miranda Otto won an award for playing the mother of the baby the dingo ate. John Wood reminds me of a pigeon. Did I mention BLUE HEALERS has to be one of the most boring shows in history??? Even with my favourite former H&A hottie Alexie and that new hunk on it the show is not worth watching. Then again all cop shows are boring even Law and Order is hella boring!!!

Ciao!

8. Lobot_Omy

Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 2001
    I never have a clue what any of your threads are about.

9. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    You're not alone, Lobot.

:p

10. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    Three's company.

I'll be the dumb blonde.

11. Mr_Burns

Mr_Burns Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 12, 2001
    And I'll be the wacky landlord!

It'll be sure to win a Logie.

12. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Wait wait wait, lets start over.

So winning the village idiot award is a.. good thing?

13. block

block Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2004
    Can I be the guy that pounds his head into the wall in a fit of confusion?

14. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    Well if you don't know what's going on I think that makes you the smart blonde in this case!

15. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    I dont know my role yet, but I'll figure it out. :p

Everyone in front of me made me edit, from Mr_Burns on down. :p

16. Lurking_Around

May 26, 2002

The Aussies just do things opposite, maybe.

[face_laugh]

17. Lobot_Omy

Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 2001
    Can I be the brunette?

18. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    The "Logies" are the Aussie equivalent of the Emmys, they're the awards for TV here. With the difference in that most of them get voted on by the general public in a free-for-all vote.

Yes, Miranda Otto won a Sliver Logie. And she deserved to. What she won was the "Silver Logie for Most Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series", which, if you actually apply some reading comprehension to my above post, you'll see I don't have any issue with as it was not the mis-informed and voting-only-for-someone-that-looks-hot-but-has-less-acting-skill-than-a-potato public that decided that, but a cross-section of people inside the TV industry which included actors, directors, writers and journos.

Yes, Blue Heelers right now is as boring as bat****. John Wood did not deserve it this year as his character has been as 2-dimensional as a cartoon drawing. He did deserve it though years ago when Heelers was in it's prime. In fact, the only person that was nominated for the Gold Logie that had any right to be in that category is Georgie Parker.

Then again all cop shows are boring even Law and Order is hella boring!!!

You know what, you're right. Why bother focussing on characterisation, plot, or interpersonal moralistic issues, cookie-cutter, recycled every 6 month plots are obviously that much more interesting. What we need on TV is obviously more weddings, leaving people at the alter situations, babies that might be one persons or anothers, affairs, and so ludicrously unbelievable "dramatic" stories revolving around someone who has their hands in everything when there is no way that could ever happen. Who really cares about actual good storytelling?

p.s. what song is your sig from? I can't remember.

It's from Pts. Of. Athrty by Linkin Park.

19. Jedi_Master_Anakin

May 25, 2002
    That's right... I couldn't remember the song. Thanks btw.

20. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001

No it's not, but our TV industry over here is too hung up on the celebrity rather than on someone that can actually give you a believable and moving performance.

21. Lurking_Around

May 26, 2002
    The "Logies" are the Aussie equivalent of the Emmys, they're the awards for TV here

Ah...I see. So many damn awards, can't keep track these days.

Oh well, congrats to whoever won the popularity contest.

22. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Is it...supposed to be a good thing?

This is rather confused otherwise. It seems like some cross between the razzies and the Emmies combined with a little Peoples sexiest person award and a whole lot of made up Aussie slang.

23. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    In a perfect world, it would be a good thing. But basically what they end up being a popularity contest for people in the industry that have the biggest profile, regardless of how craptacular their acting abilities are.

And just as a FYI, they are called "Logies" after the middle name of the inventor of TV John Logie Baird.

24. Lurking_Around

May 26, 2002
    But basically what they end up being a popularity contest for people in the industry that have the biggest profile, regardless of how craptacular their acting abilities are.

This pretty much applies to all award shows.

25. Darth Attorney

Darth Attorney Jedi Master star 2

Oct 24, 1999
    "...so that proves to all you haters that it is not a bad show."

No, it proves that teenage girls pinched their mothers TV Week and filled in the voting form.

Bec Cartwright didn't get the gold because she's subhuman westie trash designed to generate baby subhuman westie trash.

Alroight?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.