Jack, FL Congrats on Jax SW Club!!

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by hannibalplan, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hannibalplan Jedi Youngling

Darth-Blaze,

Hi!! My name is Scott Gammon, and I read about your first meeting of the First Coast Jedi Knights on TheForce.net (I tried to e-mail you, but it came back as undeliverable, so figured I'd post here). My congratulations on starting a Star Wars club in Jacksonville! I am originally from Fernandina Beach, but relocated to the Washington D.C. area in 2003. I am part of a great group up here, the D.C. Metro Area Star Wars Collecting Club. The Club started in August of 2003, and has grown from about 30 or so members then to over 120 now! The founder of the Club, Mike Kurtz, is a great guy who has done some amazing things with the club here...I'm sure he would have no problem with telling you things he has done here, if you would like some "pointers"...the Club's website is
    http://www.dcswcc.com/ . Feel free to contact me as well if you need anything, and I'll see if I can find out helpful information as well!! I plan on eventually coming back to Florida to reside, so maybe we'll run into each other eventually! :) Again, Congratulations, and best of luck!!

- Scott Gammon
    Lorton, VA
  2. Leia214 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hey Scott - thanks for the congrats and the advice. If you are ever back on vacation , let us know. And I have seen your club site - it's great. I was one of the lucky ones to get a Yoda pin!
  3. darth-blaze Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey Hannibalplan, I'm glad that you approved, we can always use the help, I'm no rookie I help start the San Diego and Puerto Rico groups but like I said any help will be nice. We got some activities planned for the future including promoting the club which is going to greatly improve our numbers in the future. but I'm sad to know that this group didn't get started before you moved but hopefully some day will get to know you. you can PM me anytime you want, I don't know what happen to the e-mail but PM always works.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.