main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada Congrats to AT60, KitFist0 and the Canadian Party!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lelila, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    For those of you who don't know, the JC Election Game has been going on for the past few months. After what must have been a *ton* of hard work, the Canadian Party has won!

AT60 is now the president of JC, and KitFist0 is the vice-president! They get titles, colour changes to their name, and VIP status for 6 months. And I'm happy to hear that their name colours are red and white. It's a wonderful way to be patriotic, and to show that you (and Canada) rock!!!

Congratulations on a job very, very, very well done!

2. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Thank you :)

3. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    congrats guys :)

4. Darthina_Christine

Darthina_Christine Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Congratulations on your (actually our) Victory! Great Going! :D

5. JawaGirl

JawaGirl Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2002
    Way to go guys! I'm sure you'll do us all proud!

JawaGirl :)

6. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Congradulations. (I'm just disappointed that it is still president/vice-president instead of Prime Minister / Deputy Prime Minister...)

7. KitFist0

Nov 10, 2001
    Me too [face_plain]

8. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    Congrats, guys!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to start a 48 hour vacation...

See y'all Monday afternoon! :D

9. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    From the President: Inauguration speech

First, I would like to address the issue of scandal in the election. As the only contestant to admit to sending bulk PMs, I served a 24 hour ban. You and I both know I wasn?t the only one. Many people who I did not PM have posted in "Are mass PM's considered to be the same as spamming?? " complaining about receiving PMs from numerous contestants. I came forward to retain the integrity of the Canadian Party. I accepted my punishment, and if my campaign bothered anybody, I apologize. I limited my PMs to my own friends and Canadians, however, so the responses to my PMs were generally quite good.

Now, I shall address the issue of socks. I took 15 screenshots of the standings during the course of the election. They tell an interesting story. The Canadian Party held a 10-30 vote lead throughout, up to the final hours of the game. At that time, it all went crazy. During my ban yesterday, I took some time to try to get to the bottom of what happened. I talked to my own supporters, and KenKenobi, the runner-up. I was unable to dig up much information. There is evidence that both the Canadian Party and the GRKP party cheated, as well as H-FRIC. H-FRIC was dealt with on Wednesday, however. I can?t prove that GRKP cheated. What I?m interested in is the Canadian Party. Since I can find no proof that my supporters resorted to dishonest means to win this election, I must trust that they did the right thing. I very much wish that this title was not so tainted, but under the circumstances, I have chosen to accept DarthSapient?s endorsement of my victory.

Because of these scandals, and the negative feelings between members that this game can breed, I would like to announce that I will not be seeking a second term, and any proposal to hold another election at the conclusion of my term will not have my support without serious reforms. (Drama monkeys stop reading here)

Now that that is out of the way, there are some people I would like to thank:

Sar-Tamber-lac, who was extremely valuable in getting us the support of Atlantic Canada, which was the bread and butter of our support. She also helped to keep me sane during the nerve-racking election process, and she was a positive influence who reminded me of the importance of an honourable win. She is currently serving a 48 hour ban for sending bulk PMs. Thank you for your support, Tammy. I hope you have a truly enjoyable birthday. :)

KitFist0, my running mate, was relatively inactive during the election itself, but was a great help in the months leading up to it. He helped me to recruit members, form the winning strategy, and offered advice countless times. He also helped keep me calm during the scandal of the last few hours of voting.

atomik, our chief graphics designer. He created the campaign logo that can be found in my profile. It is a great logo, as is his new Canada General banner, and on behalf of the party, I would like to thank him for his contribution.

tendra_217, who created the party icon. Due to jedi-mind-trick?s inactivity, it has not yet been uploaded. This will hopefully happen shortly. I regret to inform the members of the Canadian Party that DarthSapient has decided to make it only available to KitFist0 and I.

The Gatherer and DarthSapient for organizing and running the game, respectively. I don?t blame them for what happened in the last hours. I wouldn?t want to have to manually count hundreds of votes either, and that is why I will not support another election. The game was quite fun, up until the end. Thank you.

THE_GREAT_SPANKSA, who helped gather information for us. He was also a good supporter.

All the members of the Canadian Party, and all those who cast a vote for us. We could not have done it without you.

I would like to take the time now to congratulate all the other contestants. You went through a lot, as I did, to get to the final vote. Many of you created your parties. You a

10. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    I know how that feels, Tammy. ;)

Congratulations to the Canadian Party leaders, AT-60 and KitFistO, for their election victory!

Considering that it's public knowledge that I voted for H-FRIC, some, especially AT-60 and KitFistO, might doubt the sincerity of my statement above.

Well, don't. :)

Yes, I voted for another party, and yes, I took great exception to our FF chapter being misrepresented in a blanket statement that Victoria FF supported the Canadian Party.

Once I clarified that our FF chapter never stated as a group that we supported the Canadian Party, a lot of unpleasant assumptions were made, and disturbing conclusions were leaped to. It was implied that I was unpatriotic. It was implied that, along with other FF chapters and individuals living in Western Canada who voted for other parties, I didn't "want to show my love for my country". Some even accused that, while dozens of socks from Canadian IPs were registering en masse to the JC late in the voting, they were probably bitter Western Canadians attempting to sabotage the efforts of the Canadian Party.

I want to state the following, and clarify for the record:

1) I am not unpatriotic.

2) I show my love for Canada every time I cast any ballot, because her teachers have taught me how to think, not what to think, and her people's blood has been spilled to protect my right to choose. To honor them, I make contientious choices when I vote in any kind of election, from something as important as Federal, right down to the mundane, such as strata, church and school committee appointments.

3) I cast only one ballot in the election, and that was under my primary user name. What's more, it was revealed that the mass of new accounts being created were all from IP's East of Manitoba.

Once again, sincere congratulations to AT-60 and KitFistO. I sympathize with your positions, that suspicions of sockvoting has soured the sweetness of your victory, and I truly believe that neither of you were personally responsible for sockvoting.

I also admire the offenders for their admissions of guilt for spamming, resulting in AT-60 serving a 24-hour ban and Sar-Tamber-lac a 48-hour ban, (although the inconsistency in punishments leaves me somewhat disturbed). Accountability is a rare commodity on these boards, and I feel you are both to be highly commended for possessing that quality.

Regards,

- Rani

P.S. As to the issue of titles, you could get around the President/Prime Minister quandry, as well as keep the titles shorter, by declaring the JC a monarchy. After all, Amidala was elected Queen of Naboo...

Long live AT-60, King of the JC!
    Long live KitFistO, Crown Prince of the JC!

Has a certain ring to it, doesn't it? :D

11. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    (although the inconsistency in punishments leaves me somewhat disturbed).

You mean the fact that I got 24 and she got 48? That's because I was a regular user when the crime was committed, and she was a VIP.

As to the issue of titles, you could get around the President/Prime Minister quandry, as well as keep the titles shorter, by declaring the JC a monarchy.

Why not just keep things real simple and make my title "Emperor"? Or perhaps "Dictator"? ;)

12. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Why not just keep things real simple and make my title "Emperor"? Or perhaps "Dictator"? ;)

Well, "King" is more neutral, as an elected official such as yourself should be. "Emperor" implies on a SW forum that you're corrumpted by the Dark Side, and that's just bad PR. You'd have your spin doctors working 24/7.

And "Dictator"... well, it doesn't really describe you, AT, and besides there's too many of them with colours anyways, you'd get lost in the shuffle :p

No, when I think of AT-60, I'm reminded of famous monarchs, like... like that mad King George, for instance. :D

Maybe you shoud poll your populace, your majesty, and ask them? Never mind, I'll do it. :p

- Rani

13. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I've considered polling the masses, but I don't think we need another election thread.

I suppose Dictator and Emperor are un-Canadian. ;)

14. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    They're also difficult to find titles for KitFistO, your running mate.

Besides, "Dictator" isn't really a form of address, either, it's an adjective.

- Rani

15. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Please list your suggestions so I can propose them to the administration. That includes everybody. :)

16. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    waits a few hours for others to speak up, then replies...

I suggest King & Crown Prince for the leader and running mate, respectively.

Existing monarchies are found throughout the world, so it favours no singular country or type of government. There's also a SW precedent set for monarchs being elected officals, as in the case of the Naboo monarchy. Modern-day monarchs are also often subject to the governing control by their nation's body of elected officals, so these titles would reflect the titular-only nature of the election winners' VIP status.

- Rani

17. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    What about the possiblility of "Chancellor"? Vice-Chancellor or Deputy Chancellor could go with it, although something more original would sound better for the running-mate... (We could also make it Supreme Chancellor and Chancellor...)

What about Duke?

We could come up with something like Lord AT60, Regent of the JC or something else that is kind of on the corny side...

• Supreme Chancellor / Chancellor
    • Chancellor / Vice-Chancellor
    • Chancellor / Deputy Chancellor
    • President / Vice-President
    • Prime Minister / Deputy Prime Minister
    • King / Crown Prince
    • Lord AT60, Regent of / Lord KitFistO, Heir to
    • Lord AT60 of / High Minister KitFistO of
    • Duke / Earl
    • Jedi Master AT60, Head of / Jedi Master KitFistO, Leader of
    • CEO?

These are just musings. Feel free to criticise them.

18. KitFist0

Nov 10, 2001
    I very fond of "Jedi Master AT60, Head of / Jedi Master KitFistO, Leader of"

19. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Important announcement: I have resigned and left the JC. I can still be reached on MSN, but I will no longer attend Fanforce events or post on the boards. I am sorry, but when the JC stops becoming a place to have fun and becomes a headache, it's time to go. Besides, I must give priority to my future family.

20. FessUp

FessUp Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2003
    lets get things strait, you did not resign, the Mods fired you, effective this weekend. its to late to save face.

21. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    OI! this is a continuing headache. The dude can't even enjoy a simple victory without problems. Fessup...get a life. Same to the others who made this whole thing a pain. i am seriously sick of the troublesome killjoys that ruin EVERYTHING!!

NO MORE!

22. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    FessUp, just in case anyone is interested, is the person who PMed me saying that he would edit a conversation between us to make it look like I'm a racist and post it if I didn't resign. The due date for that has passed though, so don't think I let him intimidate me.

However, it is people like him that are the reason why I made this decision. They make the JC no longer fun.

23. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    I'm with AT60. I am out of the party and out of the game. If anyone wants me I will be with Toronto Fanforce, Young Jedi Niagara or the Durham Fanforce.

Good Ridance!

24. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    lets get things strait, you did not resign, the Mods fired you, effective this weekend. its to late to save face.

Wow...I thank you, Lord, for Your control over my typin right now. Damn, this is almost worth a ban. But it's not worth losin my integrity over. FessUp, get over yourself, please, and do us all a favor. Get lost in a dryer somewhere, ok? You have caused enough problems, and as you can tell, we're quite sick of you.

That's all, thank you.

25. BoxOfficeMan

BoxOfficeMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 26, 2002
    Besides, I must give priority to my future family.

what

huh

Seriously I used to think AT 60 was almost cool and the average kid, but ever since he claimed he would kill whoever his (hypothetical) cheating girlfriend slept with, and then said he had a gun and knocked up some girl, I'm not so sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.