Congratulations! Havelock Is Now Official!!!

Discussion in 'Pembroke, NC' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks! I just wanted to come by. Anakin_Girl from our FF lived in Havelock. Heard nice things :D

So I figured I'd drop on by :)
  2. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    Well howdy RidingMyCaroselOnYou! How is your FF coming along? :) Tell Anakin_Girl I said hi! [face_love]

JLK, I agre with the love story. I am really finding it to be very well done. Granted, I am 100% spoiled and know all about the dialogue in the film, the love story is perfect. Innocent, and pure. Forbidden, but that makes it all the more "urgent". I am so glad it is going to work out. Ep2 has everything going for it! :)
  3. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    Grilled-Sarlacc: Innocent, and pure. Forbidden, but that makes it all the more "urgent". Well I'm not spoiled really, but that's what I think makes it so wonderful! :D [face_love] I'm thinking this will be my favorite Star Wars film (until Episode III maybe)... :D

I REALLY hope I can get tickets for the first midnight showing! Then right after the movie I'll go buy the book & soundtrack and... actually I'd have to run to school. [face_laugh] ;)
  4. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    Yup. May 15-17th are going to be long, tiresome days! I hope I will be able to get some sleep! :)

The anticipation is going to be so high that the movie is going to seem like it went by in 5 minutes. That's why I may be getting tickets for multiple shows on the 16th! :cool:
  5. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Atlanta's line-up/campout is still scheduled to begin the afternoon of May 14th. We're getting really excited! :)

I plan on taking May 15th and 16th off work, so that I may participate in our line-up and watch AOTC until I just can't watch it any more. I could be at the theater for quite a while. ;)
  6. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    JLK,

Yeah, I am no usually a big fan of love stories, but I am turning into a fan after knowing about Ep2 and the tragedy of Ep3.

I am so excited to see Ep2. But I really want is to own it on DVD!!!! Oh, man!!!! :D

Minacia,

What are you guys planning for food and so on while in line? :confused:
  7. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Well, on the night of the 14th, I think that folks will bring coolers with soda, along with their favorite snacks. On the 15th, I imagine that a few of us will be making food runs while the rest stay in line.

I will be such a happy camper when I get my hands on the AOTC DVD (whenever it comes out) and the LOTR:FOTR DVD.
  8. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    Grilled-Sarlacc: Wow, that's a good idea! :p I could see one show at midnight and one after school... ;)

I'm a big fan of love stories... [face_love] :)

Minacia: I will be such a happy camper when I get my hands on the AOTC DVD (whenever it comes out) and the LOTR:FOTR DVD. My thoughts exactly! :D DO you know when the FOTR DVD is coming out? ?[face_plain]
  9. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    27 March, 2002 - The Digital Bits

In a gala event at the Warner Bros. studio lot that attracted hundreds of studio executives, retailers and members of the press, New Line last night unveiled its plans for the release of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring on DVD and VHS.

[image=http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covers/lordoftheringswidedvd.jpg]
    [image=http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covers/lordoftheringsfulldvd.jpg]

As expected, there will be multiple versions of the film available on DVD. The first is a 2-disc Theatrical Edition on August 6th, which will arrive in dual full frame and 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen versions (SRP for each is $29.95). Disc One of this release will feature the film itself (in the aspect ratio of your choice, depending on the version you purchase), along with Dolby Digital 5.1 EX and Dolby Surround audio, English subtitles and closed captioning. Disc Two will feature over two hours of bonus content, including an exclusive, 10-minute preview of The Two Towers hosted by director Peter Jackson, the Welcome to Middle-Earth Houghton Mifflin in-store special, The Quest for the Ring (the FOX Network special) and A Passage to Middle-Earth (the Sci-Fi Channel special), some 15 additional featurettes created for lordoftherings.net, theatrical trailers and TV spots, Enya's May it Be music video, a preview of the Electronic Arts The Two Towers video game, a preview of the special extended DVD version, exclusive online content via DVD-ROM and more. The cover artwork for these two versions can be seen above. This release will be the PG-13 cut of the film that was seen in theaters.

Then, on November 12th, New Line will release the Special Extended Edition of the film, as a 4-disc set (in anamorphic widescreen, with Dolby Digital 5.1 EX and Dolby Surround). The packaging for this set is still in the mock-up stage, but I can tell you that it looks like an ancient, leather-bound hardcover book. This will feature director Peter Jackson's much talked about extended cut, with some 30 minutes of scenes restored to the film (more on that in a minute). The film will be split over the first two discs of the set, with the second two containing more than SIX HOURS of in-depth behind-the-scenes material. Much of this content is still in production, so the final disc specs are still TBA. But you can look for feature-length director's audio commentary, art and photo galleries, documentaries and more (note that the SRP has not yet been set). Back to the longer cut of the film - WETA Digital is creating many new visual effects shots for the new footage and composer Howard Shore is currently recording new music cues for these scenes, which are being personally supervised by Jackson. Here's a rundown of the new scenes you can look for (and to you ring-bearers, please forgive me if I get a few of the names or details wrong):

10. A new addition to the opening sequence in which Bilbo provides background on Hobbits and their history in voice-over as he writes his memoirs.

11. A new introduction to Samwise Gamgee, seen in his capacity as a gardener.

12. A scene taking place at the Green Dragon Inn, which introduces us to the camaraderie of the Hobbits (we see them singing together) and sets up the geopolitics of the story.

13. The Hobbits witnessing the departure of the Elves from Middle Earth on the way to Bree.

14. Aragorn watching over the sleeping Hobbits, singing the ballad of Beren and Luthien to himself in the night.

15. Aragorn at his mother's grave, in which we learn that he was raised by Elves and that Sauron has long hunted him.

16. Two new moments during the departure from Rivendale, one in which we see Arwen's emotional reaction to Aragorn's leaving, and another in which Elrond sees the Fellowship off.

17. A scene with the Fellowship in the mines of Moria, in which we learn how the Dwarves themselves unleashed the fire-demon that eventually destroyed them.

18. A scene at Lothlorien, where Galadriel
  19. SgtFretSurfer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ah, I see Grilled put this is 2 threads.

Who else is going to buy both versions? :D

And Ep2 comes out on DVD this Oct/Nov!!! :D
  20. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    Wow Grilled-Sarlacc! :eek: Thanks a bunch! :D

I think I'll be getting both. ;) :)

:eek: AotC comes on on DVD this October/November? Really?! :eek: :D That is TOO good to be true! :p :D
  21. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I'm such a sucker, so I'll buy both versions of FOTR. I'll buy the first because I will not want to wait until November to see the movie again, and then I'll buy the special additions to get all the cut scenes. :)

22. Havenot1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    oh my god! we are in for a good fall! i can't wait to get that lotr dvd on my shelf!

hey sgtfretsurfer, are yo usue about the oct/nov release date for ep2? after how late they released ep1, i figured we would have at least another year before we got it. :confused:

i know we will not see the original trilogy on dvd for w long time, but i relly wish i had it on dvd! :_|!
    :)
  23. SgtFretSurfer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, Havenot1, I am sure. We will have the Ep2 DVD before winter! Good times are here again!!!

I have gotten to chapter 9 in the novel. It so awesome. There is so much more in the book than what we'll get to see on screen. But that is always the case with books vs movies. I am going to enjoy Ep2 SO much more knowing all the little intricasies and details that you would only find in he book! :D
  24. Havenot1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    i am also getting ready to read the lord of the rings books. do you need to read the hobbit in order to understand the books? I don't have that one.
  25. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    I don't think you do. It is more of a "prologue" book. A backstory. It would help you understand more about Bilbo and what he went through, but you will be OK.

Half-way through the Ep2 novel!! :D
  26. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    16 days to go until Attack of the Clones! :D :D :D

I have not been in a bookstore or anything like that since any of the EpII stuff came out, and I'm not going to until May 16th in the afternoon. :p LOL! From the comments all of you are making, it sounds like we're in for one wicked cool film! :D
  27. SgtFretSurfer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi, JLK! You have serious willpower to not read thd book. It is so damned good! Oh I wanna talk about it so bad, but I will restrain myself!! :)

Only 13 more months until principle photography begins on Episode III? Wait...that's a long way off. :_|
  28. UniversalDestiny Jedi Master

star 4
    I haven't read my copy ethier. I have it locked up in the trunk of my car. Which is at the Shop right now. Smart Thinking eh?

Man now I can't read it for sure.

Hehe.

29. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    Well according to Rick McCallum, they have been working on the Ep2 DVD for 4 months now. More evidence that we will see it in Oct/Nov. Australia is scheduled to get it on 01 Nov. The U.S. will likely be the same.

30. SgtFretSurfer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, well. I have more updated news for you!!!!!

From The Digital Bits, 04 May 2002:

Just a quick update today with a couple of interesting bits of DVD information. A whole bunch of readers have e-mailed to let us know that Lucasfilm's Jim Ward and Rick McCallum confirmed this weekend at the Star Wars Celebration convention in Indianapolis that the Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones DVD is definitely coming by the end of the year. Lucasfilm has reportedly already been working on the disc for over a year. That's not new information (we've been reporting it in The Rumor Mill for months now), but it's nice to hear something official. The latest word is that disc should street in October or early November.

Also on the subject of popular Lucasfilm trilogies today, Paramount has officially confirmed that the Indiana Jones films WILL NOT be released on DVD this year.

:D
  31. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    SgtFretSurfer: Actually, probably more like no driver's license. [face_laugh] ;) Nah, I like "serious willpower" better. :p

Wow, by the end of the year! :D That's awesome! :D
  32. jarik33 Force Ghost

star 1
    Has anyone else tried any theatres to see if they're having a midnight show? I called the Carmike in Morehead and the girl was clueless and I haven't called any others.

Is anyone showing it at midnight the 15th/16th?
  33. UniversalDestiny Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know I might stop by Atlantic Cinemas in Atlantic Station. Since the Days Inn is right next to it practically. They have 4 Theaters and also I might call Emerald Plantation if I have the time this weekend.

It's almost time people!

34. Havenot1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    i don't know those theaters. did you find out anything? i want to go to a midnight show! i just hope i can get tickets.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.