main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Congratulations! Havelock Is Now Official!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Pembroke, NC' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    3 days, 14 hours, and 59 minutes to go! ;) :D Not that I'm counting or anything. :p :D

2. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Nothing, I called and I got no response.

Grr!
    They have to have a midnight showing somewhere in Craven/Carteret County!!!!!!!!

I'll keep looking.

3. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    I STAND CORRECTED!

There are going to be showings of Episode II at midnight at Atlantic Station Theater and Emerald Plantation!

Tickets go on sale at 11:30 PM!

YES!

4. SgtFretSurfer

SgtFretSurfer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2001
    Cool. How far away is that from Havelock? :confused:

5. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Atlantic Station is in Atlantic Beach right on the island. When you go across the bridge you'll make a right at the stoplight and it's down 5 and a half blocks.

I believe Atlantic Station is in Atlantic Beach which is closer than Emerald Plantation in Emerald Isle.

So you go into Morehead and pretend that you are going to the beach. If you think that you don't want to drive back to Havelock I know that the Days Inn is running a special on rooms.

6. jarik33

jarik33 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Man, I gotta work till 9:30, is anyone going to stand in line?

I know for TPM in Morehead I went a like 10:30 and got a ticket, I can't imagine there will be that big a line that early.

7. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    It depends, though I'm 18 Dad might not let me go by myself because it's so late at night. But I do want to go so maybe a little Mind Trick might convince him to let me go.

8. jarik33

Mar 10, 2002
    I'm a goof, I was looking at thursday- I get off at 6:45 on wednesday, so i'll be in line at 7:30, unless my costume isn't done :_|

I work at dominoes too, so i'll bring a couple of pizzas if anyone is up for it, anyone else coming out at midnight?

Universal I have a daughter, and I know I wouldn't want her hanging around a buncha marines at a flick ;)

Hope to meet ya'll soon

9. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Well I could just stand in line for a little bit.

Dad won't let me go unless he thinks it's safe. I might bring a camera to take pictures and stuff.

10. jarik33

Mar 10, 2002
    Morehead Cinema is showing at midnight, too. That would be closer for us Havelockians. Is anyone else going at midnight?

11. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    I might if Dad decides to let me go. Odds are he won't.

Well I'm willing just tell me when and where.
    I might just present a banner to the fan force of Havelock that I've made for the Site.

12. SgtFretSurfer

SgtFretSurfer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2001
    I am going to try my damnedest to make it to the midnight showing at that theater. I have directions. The trick is to convince my girlfriend to go with me. Worst-case scenario is that I go at the first matinee showing. But I plan to check out that theater Universal mentioned. It's better than the cheap one here in Havelock. And I think I will check it out at the Morehead theater too. I am going to see it in every theater at least once!!! :D

13. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    I'll be there to see the Lineup and such. So I'll meet you there probably. I'll probably be driving back and forth from Atlantic Beach to Morehead to see the lines. Dumb Parents! Just keep a lookout for the little Saturn with an Artoo Ornament hanging from the Center Mirror that'll probably be me.

14. jarik33

Mar 10, 2002
    I'm probably going to Morehead, behind where Belk was.

Look for me i'll be the Jedi :D

Happy Star Wars to all and may the force be with you

15. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    ARGH! I can't seem to get a hold of anyone! jarik33, what did you think?? Are you interested in seeing it again this weekend? I am going to be back in Havelock and I want to organize another meeting! :)

16. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    So who has seen it? :D

I went to a midnight show here in the Raleigh area, and it was fantastic! :) There was a ton of stuff going on before the actual film, which was amazing, and then the film itself... :eek: I LOVED it! :D :D

I know spoilers aren't allowed yet, so I won't say anything else, but WOW! :D

What did everyone else think? :)

17. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    I Saw it over at Atlantic Station. I was the 4th one in Line. All I can say is IT RULED!

This is the best one yet. When's the next fan force meeting?

I sat behind two Jedi.

I'm excitied.

I'm out of breath!

GO SEE IT GUYS YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

18. jarik33

Mar 10, 2002
    Man, I should have went to Atlantic Station! I went to Morehead and there was only like thirty people and I was the only one dressed up :(

I'm making my daughter an outfit to go to the Jedi training at Wal-Mart on saturday morning. Anyone else with kiddos and going?

Grilled-Sarlacc, i'm working a second job now, so i'm working till 11 tonight, and 9:45 on saturday. I would be up for going to a late show if there is one, let me know. I forget when I work sunday.

EDIT-
    Here's my hours
    fri 6:15-11:30
    sat 2-9:45
    sun 5:15-9:30

So late saturday or sunday afternoon.

I just looked at yahoo and havelock shows at 1,4,7, and 10, so I could go 10 saturday or 1 sunday.

19. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    I work from 2-10 Tonight and 8am to 4 tomorrow over on Atlantic Beach.

That's my schedule.

20. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    OK. We can work this out. jarik, how was the presentation at the Morehead theater? Was it good? Maybe we can have the meeting at that theater.

Universal, can you make it to Morehead theater on Sat night?

21. jarik33

Mar 10, 2002
    Morehead was pretty good.

If we're going to try for Sat night though, i'd rather go to havelock, I get off at 9:45, so I wouldn't be able to make it to morehead. That always depends though, tonight I was scheduled till 11:30 and I got off at eight. Wednesday I was supposed to be off at 6:45 and got off at 8:30 :mad:

Hopefully we can work out to all meet, i'm going on leave saturday.

22. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Now you're leaving too?? Where are you going?

I can't get in contact with Havenot1 or Universal so far. I am hoping to hear something from them soon. Are you going to be gone for long? The reason is that we may have to change this meeting to Sunday if no one is available. :(

edit: The theater at Havelock's Carmike Cinema 6 is pretty lame. The sound is not very loud so you really hear every conversation in the theater. That always bugs me. That was why I was hoping the Morehead one was better. But maybe Atlantic Station where Universal saw it is better?! :confused:

23. jarik33

Mar 10, 2002
    Im going to a wedding and 10 year reunion in Ohio and Iowa from the 25th till around the 4th, and then my brothers wedding is in ohio and i'll begone june 12th till the 17th.

I don't know if this weekend will work out at all anyway, my wife has bronchitis and she needs to rest before our trips, so I might need to stay here and help out with the kiddos.

Don't hold out for me, this is just a crazy time for us, I just got my second job a few weeks ago and we're taking all these trips. I find out around the 31st if my Air Force Officer package got accepted, then life will be really crazy! :eek:

24. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    My brother and I are going to see Episode II tonight at Atantic Station. You could hear every sound in there, but tomorrow I'm supposed to take a friend to go see it, but hey twice in a row i can live with it.

25. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Universal, how is the sound in the Atlantic Station theater? The theater in Havelock is very poor and the screen is not that big either. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.