main
side
curve
  1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.
  2. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Congratulations to all of the BTVA winners from The Clone Wars!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by DookuIsTyranus, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DookuIsTyranus

DookuIsTyranus Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    The following individuals from Star Wars: The Clone Wars won a Behind The Voice Actors Award in the following categories.

- Male Voice Actor of the Year: Dee Bradley Baker

- Best New Vocal Interpretation of an Established Character: Sam Witwer (Darth Maul)

- Best Male Lead Vocal Performance in a Television Series - Action/Drama : James Arnold Taylor (Obi-Wan Kenobi)

- Best Male Vocal Performance in a Television Series in a Supporting Role - Action/Drama : Corey Burton (Cad Bane)

- Best Female Vocal Performance in a Television Series in a Supporting Role - Action/Drama : Nika Futterman (Asajj Ventress)

Congratulations to these five individuals!! You guys rock!!! :)

2. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Cad Bane wasn't even in this season, why the hell would they bother giving an award for that?
    And Witwer? I think I've made my point about his voice acting ranging from prepubescent growl to castrated enough times that folks around here get the idea. A good VA he ain't.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Sam Witwer. [face_dancing]

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  4. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Congrats!

Ahh Zandalor, you're always so positive. :p

The Shadow Emperor and credar like this.
  5. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Woot woot! :D Congrats everyone! Even though you will never see this message!

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of Four Realms star 9 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That is weird about Bane. Definitely happy about Futterman and Taylor though.

7. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Why would you complain about a VA having a castrated sounded voice when Maul is castrated?

Witwer did a better performance with Maul than I could ever imagine and I'm glad he won (and I'm also glad that the guys who despise Clone Wars have a new reason to have further despair that it's winning awards).

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Nice. [face_plain]

The difference is that those who "despise the Clone Wars" are managing to express their opinions without making disparaging personal comments towards those who like the show.

I also don't think anyone is "despairing", just commenting on which awards they thought were deserved.

9. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon LACWAC-y Mod of SWTV & New Films Force projection star 4 Staff Member Manager

Sep 15, 2010
    =D=

Congratulations!

10. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    For the record I enjoyed Witwer's performance - he really managed to bring the character to life. That said...

...these sorts of snide comments are why I "despise" this place.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  11. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    TCW deserved these wins, Witwer's performance included; to me he was quite convincing as Maul.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  13. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 2

Jan 31, 2011
    Was Bane even in this season?

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  15. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Great wins! Finally, a win for Ventress!!!!!

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think DBB was up for Korra but glad he won anyways. Well done TCW cast. Sam Witwer does a great job with fleshing out the surprising amount of guile that Maul had. JAT was brilliant in "The Lawless". He always does a great job as Obi-wan. I can't say enough how awesome it was to hear him act out the "Your were my brother!" lines from ROTS when I saw JAT live at SWW twice. I'll assume Corey Burton is getting his win from season 4. I can't imagine Cad Ban sounding any other way. Then Nikka Futterman did an amazing job in the season 4 finale and again in season 5. She's so great at shifting between sadistic, sensual, and depressed. Great job guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.