main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Congratulations University Of Utah !!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Jowebee17, Jan 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jowebee17

Jowebee17 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    Yeah, believe it!

Fiesta Bowl Champions !
    12-0 perfect season !
    Will finish in the top 4 teams in the country!

Great season !

oh and for all the byu fans..sorry your season sucked so bad!

NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

2. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    What an awesome game!!! WOW!
    Congrats to UofU!!

"oh and for all the byu fans..sorry your season sucked so bad!

NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

teehee. Funny.

3. 20x6

20x6 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    It was awesome. Too bad we can't set up one final exhibition game against a real team.

4. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    now now, no making fun of other teams. Go ahead and show your support for your teams, but please do not bad mouth another while on the forums.

5. Phantom-Iam

Phantom-Iam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2002
    :mad: I was rooting for Pitt the entire game. :mad:

Congrats to Alex for leaving Utah for the NFL ;)

6. Jowebee17

Aug 16, 2003
    ^^^^

Well did you enjoy rooting for a total loser, that got their arses handed to them ?

7. Phantom-Iam

Nov 24, 2002
    Better than rooting for the losers of Utah. Who cares that they are 12-0.... look who they played!!

Texas A&M 7-5
    Arizona 3-8
    Utah St 3-8
    Air Force 5-6
    New Mexico 7-5
    UNC 6-6
    UNLV 2-9
    SDSU 4-7
    Colorado St 4-7
    Wyoming 7-5
    BYU 5-6
    Pitt 8-4
    Total 61-76

Wow tough schedule [face_plain]

out of all of them Pitt has a decent record and they are from a joke of a conference. Utes can have the perfect season but with the BCS they will never have a championship.

HA HA HA HA

8. 20x6

20x6 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    I didn't mean to be totally disrespectful to Pitt, I just meant that we only got to play a team from the weakest "popular kids" conference, that only made it to the game by default.

It would be cool to see this Utah team play one of the other undefeated teams and see how they do. I'd rather see them barely lose to Oaklahoma or Auburn, than completely own Pittsburg. But because of the way it works, people will keep knocking the Utes. Curse the BCS, not Utah.

9. Phantom-Iam

Nov 24, 2002
    I didn't mean to be totally disrespectful to Pitt, I just meant that we only got to play a team from the weakest "popular kids" conference, that only made it to the game by default.

I agree with you on that.

I would've like to see what the Utes could do agaist one of the top three. In fact I wish Utah had BYU's schedule.

The season's over Utah's perfect for the first time since 1930. And next year the BCS will have to retool since the AP pole will no longer be in the formula.

What do the UofU fans really think of Meyer leaving?

10. Jowebee17

Aug 16, 2003
    You can say all you like about Utah's schedule. I was impressed that they beat every team they played from the "BIG" conferences. And you are right they never had a chance to be in the BCS championship game, but they still had a tremendous season. I think it is an incredible accomplishment none-the-less.

Of course we(Utes fans) would've loved to see them play against the top 3, but it just didn't happen. Most of the sports writers and broadcastyers have claimed that Utah could play with anyone. We won't know that now, but it's still a good thing. Another thing to consider is that the other undefeated teams had relatively weak schedules as well. With the exception of maybe Auburn, who played and beat several top ranked teams. USC and OK played a lot of non-ranked poor teams, and their margin of victories were not any more impressive then Utah's.

"I wish Utah had Byu's schedule"
    Why?

BYU played only 2 tough teams...USC and Utah.

You will inevitably point out that you beat Notre Dame. No big accomplishment there(at leats not this year). And you will innevitably point out that you played USC well(yeah in the first half), and that you almost beat Boise State. Problem with Boise State is the never played anyone with a great defense. Utah would have shredded them.

Oh and what was the score in the Utah v BYU Game ?

As far as how most people feel about Urban Meyer leaving. It sucks..I will be honest with you. But after the initial shock and feeling of being upset, you realize that he did what was best for himself and his family. Anyone would do the same thing in his place.

As far as Alex Smith declaring for the draft. Yeah that sucks too. But once again look at his situation. He already has his degree, and has been told by over a dozen teams he will be a first round draft choice. If you look at it-it is the right decision. And I am sure he will do well.

Oh one more thing...how's the basketball team looking this yeat for BYU ?

11. Phantom-Iam

Nov 24, 2002
    Oh one more thing...how's the basketball team looking this yeat for BYU ?

[face_laugh] Why do you care about BYU basketball.

Some teams are always good at basketball. BYU probably never will have the basketball program the U does. There I said it are u happy?

BYU had a tougher non conf schedule. USC (12-0);Boise St (11-1) Do you disagree with this? If you don't think about how the Utes would have done in the polls if they had a better schedule. [face_thinking]

Oh by the way. What does 4th place get the Utes? Do they get a banner to hang in their stadium?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain]

The whole Urban Meyer thing is a crock, he promised to stay. "I'm a Utah man." whatever

Do you think Ron McBride would have left? I know LaVell Edwards wouldn't have.

12. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    What sport are we talking about?

[/Provo Resident]

13. Jowebee17

Aug 16, 2003
    Urban Meyer never "promised to stay". He had "outs" in his contract from the beginning. How is that promising to stay? He told the UofU up front that he would leave if certain opportunities arose; they did, and he left.

As far as the BYU basketball team goes, I don't care about them...justed wanted to point out that BYU will have yet another disappointing sports season with them.

4th place and a dominating performance in the Fiesta bowl gets them national recognition for recruiting and opens up the possibility in the future to play better teams, and even perhaps move to a better conference.

Oh and the fact that BYU as well as every other school in the conference gets well over $1 million because of the Utes success?

You're welcome....

BYU fans should simply say "thank you" or "Great season" but instead they look for excuses for the Utes success or excuses for their own failure.

It's always the same with BYU fans....

14. Jowebee17

Aug 16, 2003
    BYU fans are sooooooo predictable!

Enough said !

15. Phantom-Iam

Nov 24, 2002
    BYU fans should simply say "thank you" or "Great season" but instead they look for excuses for the Utes success or excuses for their own failure.

It's always the same with BYU fans....

And Ute fans for so much different. Right?

Enough said!!!!

16. Jowebee17

Aug 16, 2003
    Nice come back........

NOT !!!!!!

17. Phantom-Iam

Nov 24, 2002
    Nice come back?

Are you still in High School?

18. Jowebee17

Aug 16, 2003
    No, are you ?

Oh, hey that was another good one on your part.

Typical BYU fan...

19. Jowebee17

Aug 16, 2003
    This just in...........

It's a final.....

Utah 72
    BYU 58

Men's Basketball.

Oh and BYU led by 1 point at the half.

Continued dominance of Utah over BYU !!!!!

Oh yeah, and this game was played in Provo...OUCH!

20. Shadow_Wolf_3882

Shadow_Wolf_3882 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2004
    Could you guys stop acting like children, please?

21. Jowebee17

Aug 16, 2003
    I was simply stating the score in the game Monday Night.

Why don't you just not worry about it ?

22. The-Rookie

The-Rookie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    They arent acting like children. Its just fun.

U of U All THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!

23. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I'm happy that the U is doing well. Of course, the only team I really care about is Stanford...but hey, why not cheer for the local guys too?
    *puts on hat for generic local sports team*
    *waves flag that states "Go Freeze"*
    What the...?

24. Jowebee17

Aug 16, 2003
    Although the U did drop one to new Mexico at "The Pit" on Monday night, they did manage to wrap up the Mountain West conference title by beating Air-Force in their previous game.

Mountain West conference champs in Football and now Basketball!

Excellent !

25. The-Rookie

The-Rookie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    GO UTES! I am not one to really follow b ball but their gymnastics team is also ranked #1 in the nation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.