main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Congress shall make no law ...abridging the freedom of speech

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by skywalkersound, May 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ion_Control

Ion_Control Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2002
    Go Obey_Wann! :D

2. skywalkersound

skywalkersound Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    Ion-control, I think you're post belongs in the 'Dues thread' which was subsequently locked.

3. aero-

aero- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2002
    if i ever get elected president, i already have my speech written out:

"It is with great reluctance that
    I have agreed to this calling. I
    love democracy... I love the
    Phoenix Fan Force. The fact that this
    crisis is demanding I be given
    absolute power to rule over you is
    evident. But I am mild by nature
    and have no desire to destroy
    the democratic process. The power you
    give me I will lay down when this
    crisis has abated, I promise you.
    And all I ask in return is when my
    current term of office is over,
    you allow me to return and live
    out my life in peace."

as my first action, i will create...

4. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    While local fan force under the PFF is a good thought I believe it is way too soon. I understand the concern on some people's part that having a group in the Glendale-West Valley Area, one in the Mesa/Tempe/Scottsdale-East Valley area makes sense when people cannot travel far or do not have transportation to go to meetings or events. I just believe it dilutes us as we are starting off this club/group/fan force. Perhaps if PFF grows really quickly that would be a good idea but the situation is uncertain right now. While there is excitment right now, what will the situation be like in 5 years when the last of the movies and the DVD are out and people are no longer as excited. I just feel that at the moment we should concentrate on PFF and then if enough interest and commitment are shown then maybe we can do subgroups to PFF.
    Just my opinion.

5. Ion_Control

Apr 23, 2002
    aero-: [face_laugh] I love it!

skywalkersound: Umm, you mean that the part about everyone's opinion counts doesn't belong here? :confused: Besides, I wanted to make the point that people are encouraged/begged to speak to the officers. We can't know what's bothering you unless you say something. :)

MexChewie: I think it's a good idea, too. :)

6. skywalkersound

Nov 16, 2001
    Ion_Control- I meant your comment about talking to you about the dues, some moderator locked the thread because we should talk about it at the meeting... It was kinda an inside joke, it wasn't meant to get under your skin. :)

Damn, comdey never comes across well in emails or forums. :(

7. Ion_Control

Apr 23, 2002
    [face_blush] No, I'm sorry, skywalkersound. My bad. <hugs skywalkersound> Oui, of all the times I had to be out of town... :( :_|

But getting comedy across is kind of hard. ;) :D

8. skywalkersound

Nov 16, 2001
    ion_control- Thanks for the hug (I needed one). :)

MexChewie, I think you got a great point there with people's interest is like a rollercoaster.-On my behalf though, it was just a suggestion, from what I gather here, it's hard from some members to attend everything, and I know I have a lot of fun at our gatherings, and I didn't want the fun to be limited.

I think Obey Wann has some great ideas as well, but ultimately only time will tell how big our PFF remains, and if a slpit(s) is feasible.

9. aero-

May 4, 2002
    i beg to differ...i think i get the comedy across quite well...

;D

also, if i do get elected president, i'll always make sure to say "it's good to be da king!" every 3 minutes or so..

10. skywalkersound

Nov 16, 2001
    mel brooks is one of the funniest men alive.

11. Ion_Control

Apr 23, 2002
    You do that, aero-. ;) :D

I apologize if I came on a little strong. Hugs for everyone! <hugs the Phoenix FanForce> Alright, I'm gonna switch to my kinder, gentler alter-ego. Time to let Ion_Control take a nap. :)

12. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Personally aero, I don't think Kreleia will give you any reason to say "Its good to be the King" [face_laugh]

13. Darth_Trigue

Darth_Trigue Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2002
    ~blows raspberries at aero~

and putting that thought aside...

I don't think it's about West Valley and East Valley...I would personally hate to see us divided in yet ANOTHER way. I lived in the West Valley most of my life and got kinda sick of some of the discord between the two sections of the Phoenix/Metro area. What we *do* need is a centralized location to meet at. I think that this has been mentioned elsewhere though, so at least we know it's not a ghost blowing in the halls. :)

Yes, if we get too big for all of us to *fit* anywhere for a regular meeting, then it might be time to divide us up, but until then I say the more the merrier. Yes?

Well, that would be MY $.02 at least....

14. aero-

May 4, 2002
    hey now...

kreleia loves me and so do you!

15. skywalkersound

Nov 16, 2001
    Darth_Trigue- I think you're right about splitting, but in regards to your comment about a more centralized location, Atomic Comics is the best (they are friendly to us, and don't seem to mind the invasion of SW geeks) :), and seems that the majority of members don't have a hard time getting there.

It takes me about 20-30 mins, and I don't mind the drive.

16. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Atomic Comics is cool! :) I don't like the idea either of the FanForce being split into East Valley and West Valley right now since we're still working to establish ourselves as a FanForce. Must...stay...together! :)

17. sock_puppet212

sock_puppet212 Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    Hey a serperatist movement! Hopefully no one will send there clones and Jedi after those who chose to be seperate from the Republic, er I mean the PFF.

18. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    paraphrasing a Ritchie Valens song...

[PFF is ours]
    and we belong together
    yes we belong together
    fo or eternaty

19. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Back to the subject of Subjugator being banned, I don't see where the PM's justified doing it if they were the reason for him being banned. Maybe I'm just missing something here.

20. Darth_Trigue

Darth_Trigue Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2002
    ~grumbles something about Atomic Comics should open another store in a more centralized location...~

Er...but since that's not going to happen, I really have to room to complain since the people who do have a long drive ahead of them aren't complaining. Heck, I'm only in Tempe. :)

21. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Mirax, PM OBEY WANN if you want to know whats up...he can explain it better than anyone here i'm sure... ;)

22. sock_puppet212

May 29, 2002
  23. Anti-Ortae

Anti-Ortae Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    MY SCOUNDREL !!!!!!

[face_love] [leaping hug] [face_love]

24. sock_puppet212

May 29, 2002
    Yes it is us, I mean me.

25. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I spoke with Mirax after I saw her post. I think we have come to an understanding.

//don't you just love internet drama? <rolleyes.gif> //

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.