main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Connections between the Clone Wars program and the rest of the EU

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gandalf the Grey, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000

The show begins on Muunilinst, which was introduced in the Hand of Thrawn duology. Did anyone else notice and tie-ins to the existing EU in the description of the show? Has anyone noticed anything in existing EU products that looks like it's going to tie into the show?

2. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I haven't read any of the EU novels, just the Thrawn trilogy in the comics. I don't remember the worlds involved so I didn't know about Muunilist. Its cool that they are tying in the EU work though. I'm more interested in how the Star Wars:Republic and Empire comics are being tied-in...Durge and Ventress are making upcoming appearances.

3. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    One of the major elements that I am looking forward to viewing in the Clone Wars cartoon series, is the hopeful plethora of EU material.

Muunilinst (aka Moneylands), is a huge galactic financial hub come the time of the Imperial Remnant (not sure about its status during the Old Republic era). I wonder if it joins the Seperatist Movement (as the Seperatists are mainly made up of mega corporations and financial institutions).

4. JKBurtola

JKBurtola Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 4, 2003
    The Gatherer, if you had read the AOTC visual dictionary you'd have known that San Hill (remember this line from the separatist meeting "The banking clan will sign your treaty" ;) ) is from Muunilinst and is home to the Intergalactic Banking Clan. They were one of the original members of the Separatist movement ;)

5. Kreuzader

Kreuzader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    For those interested, the comics being released this week introduce characters that will also feature in the animated series (Asajj Ventress and the ARC troopers):

Clone Wars Comics Begin This Week

6. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Sorry, I don't have a photographic memory... that is why I have Timetales! :)

7. evanchester

evanchester Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    I think it would be awesome if they included Spaarti cylinders somehow.

8. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Didn't I read somewhere that the animators are working with Dark Horse in some capacities on this series?

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Since Ventress and her backstory were taken from the DH works, I'd imagine there will be at least some collaboration to make sure they don't step on each other's toes.

10. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Ah, good to hear. This way, the continuity should be fairly reasonably tight.

11. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Isn't Muunilist the planet where San Hill's (Banking Clan Rep.) species is from?

12. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    So...if the Clone Wars cartoon features Muunilinst, and it was featured first in the Thrawn Duology, and an inhabitant of that world was in AotC, wouldn't that be another EU reference in the movies? [face_devil]

13. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Isn't Muunili[n]st the planet where San Hill's (Banking Clan Rep.) species is from?

Yes. Maybe we'll get to see Mr. Hill himself!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.