main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Conquerors" [Exile/Malak, Exile/Mandalore, Exile/Bao-Dur]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Elena, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    The Exile never liked playing with other peoples' discarded toys. Sometimes, though, she has no choice. She prefers playing with her own, though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

It was pathetically easy to break Malak. A word here, a touch there? In a week, he was telling her all he knew. In another, he was showering her with gifts: a sector command, a battle fleet, funding for R&D? Malak was utterly in love with her, and she found him utterly repellant.

That was probably why she laughed when her aide asked her if she would continue seeing him.

?You must be joking, Bao-Dur,? she said gaily, but the set of his shoulders and the anger in his eyes said he wasn?t, and it amused her. Even when she wasn?t trying, men still fell in love with her.

?He?s wholly Revan?s creature,? she said dismissively. ?He can deny it until the end of time, but the big bad Mandalorian killer is nothing more than one of Revan?s devoted pawns.?

Bao-Dur grins at her. ?Aren?t we all, General??

She grins back. ?I prefer to think that I?m using her as much as she?s using me.?

?Yes, ma?am.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Bao-Dur is tireless in the labs, working day in and day out because his creations are needed at the front. It?s so easy to motivate him; another story about Mandalorian atrocities; alcohol; and inceasingly, her smile.

She smiles at him when she asks for a weapon to take care of the peculiarities in the Malachor system, and she isn?t at all guilty when she asks him to create it for her. Not then, and not when all the Jedi died and he was right there next to her, and not even when he lost his arm dragging her to safety. Not at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Unlike Malak, Mandalore was far harder to woo. She spent three weeks doing damn near every menial task that needed to be done on Dxun, and even then he didn?t like to talk. Still, he was useful as far as information about Revan was concerned. He was just as loyal as the droids to their former master, but unlike them, he was human. Humans make mistakes. They?slip.

?Your pet zabrak is watching me,? Canderous said dryly one night, squeezed next to her on the bunk. She just grinned.

?Afraid??

?Of him? Why would I? He?s no warrior, just another Republican soldier with a grudge against my kind.?

?So you think he?s no threat??

?I didn?t say that. I?m just not afraid of him.?

She just laughed, and kissed him gently before sending him to sleep. It was easier to pick his brain afterwards, when his guard was down.

~~~~~~~~~~~```

?Are you going to keep the Mandalorian around, General?? In the ten years since they met, Bao-Dur learned the art of deception well. Now his face is relaxed and he meets her eyes without guile. She knows better, though.

She smiles at him, amused, and says, ?Why would I do a thing like that? I?ve told you before, I don?t like playing with someone else?s discarded toys. I have my own to play with.?

?Oh, do you...?

?I told you, Bao-Dur ? sometimes, to make a better world, you have to do distasteful things. Do you disbelieve me??

?Of course not, General.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Malachor V was bad, bad all around. They?d been scattered across the planet when they crashed, and she had to go kill Kreia by herself, and hope that Bao-Dur could hold everything together while she was gone. She missed him, if only for the fact that impossible situations were easier to deal with when you had a wise-cracking mechanic around.

It took her 36 hours to hack her way through the legions of kids Kreia had trained, and then there was Sion. That really sucked. Battling Kreia was no cake-walk, either, but Sion?

She had felt bad for him. He?d been used badly, and it surprised her that Kreia would use her pawns so badly.

Maybe it shouldn?t, though.

Afterwards, when the Hawk rescued her from the wreckage, she found it was worse than she feared. Atton and the Disciple dead in some weird fight over her, Mira probably murdered by Hanharr, Visas dying in the medbay?

Bao-Dur was the least injure

2. NoemiTenshi

NoemiTenshi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    Uh I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know the charas,
    but the story is well told.
    I enjoyed reading it.
    And I especially like the last two sentences XD

3. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    NoemiTenshi:

Uh I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know the charas,

It's OK. My fandom is a mini-fandom!

but the story is well told.

Praise indeed, since you don't know who the characters are!

I enjoyed reading it.
    And I especially like the last two sentences XD

*giggles* That's what everyone says.

Elena

4. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Loved this. :) Exile/Bao-Dur is my most recent pet 'ship, and it's wonderful to see the characters handled so well. :)

She smiles at him when she asks for a weapon to take care of the peculiarities in the Malachor system, and she isn?t at all guilty when she asks him to create it for her. Not then, and not when all the Jedi died and he was right there next to her, and not even when he lost his arm dragging her to safety. Not at all.

C'mon, what's more romantic than a guy who will build superweapons for his girl? [face_love]

All that was left to do was burning the body and bringing the ashes back to poor, dead Katarr.

This sentence really struck me -- poor Visas, turned to ashes just like her homeworld. :(

?What we always do, Lieutenant. Try to make the world a better place. Kill people.?

I just love the Exile's attitude here. So matter-of-fact and world-weary.

Great vig! :)

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Lovely! =D= I know some of these characters, but this vignette has left me hungry to learn more. I'll have to break out some of those comics, etc. that I've been looking at as they set on my bookshelf. :p

Bao-Dur was the least injured, for some reason, but that wasn?t saying much. It was a miracle he?d had gotten the ship up and running, seeing as he had a leg broken in three places and his arm had been destroyed again.

He was in the medbay with Visas, concentrating on holding her internal organs together long enough to let the kolto do its? work, and he was so deep in a trance he didn?t even flinch when she put a hand on his shoulder.

?Leave it,? she said firmly. ?Just let her die. She isn?t coming back from this, and no amount of healing will change that.?

He just looked up at her, and without a word stopped the healing. Visas screamed for a while, begging for help, but soon it was over. All that was left to do was burning the body and bringing the ashes back to poor, dead Katarr.

Love your use of words! =D=

6. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    ?What we always do, Lieutenant. Try to make the world a better place. Kill people.?

What a precarious line the Exile walks. Nicely done. The characterizations were just how I imagine them while playing. Bao-Dur was great, you showed his devotion turn to obsession very convincingly.

Her disregard for Malak was particularly amusing- poor guy. He gets the short end of every deal.

7. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    jedi of ennth:

Loved this. Exile/Bao-Dur is my most recent pet 'ship, and it's wonderful to see the characters handled so well.

Thanks - nice to meet someone else who thinks this ship is cool!

C'mon, what's more romantic than a guy who will build superweapons for his girl?

*laughs* A guy who'll build two superweapons for his girl!

This sentence really struck me -- poor Visas, turned to ashes just like her homeworld.

Yeah. I don't know about you, but Visas was a truly tragic character in the games, and even gaining 'peace' didn't really improve her lot in life...

I just love the Exile's attitude here. So matter-of-fact and world-weary.

She's a soldier. It's what she does.

VaderLVR64:

Lovely! I know some of these characters, but this vignette has left me hungry to learn more. I'll have to break out some of those comics, etc. that I've been looking at as they set on my bookshelf.

Sorry, but as far as I know, the comics and the games are just set in the same time period, not with the same characters. I use KotORII characters - other people might use Zane from the comics.

But thanks for reading!

padawanlost:

What a precarious line the Exile walks. Nicely done. The characterizations were just how I imagine them while playing. Bao-Dur was great, you showed his devotion turn to obsession very convincingly.

Yeah, Bao-Dur is obsessed, and the Exile isn't above using that. She's a very pragmatic woman.

Her disregard for Malak was particularly amusing- poor guy. He gets the short end of every deal.

Bwahahaha! Like anyone has any respect for a guy who's basically Revan's boy-toy!

Oh, I'm so cruel...

Elena

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.