1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Conquest of the New World (System Lords in the 1600's)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by PRENNTACULAR, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    GM- Alrighty guys. Really, both fictional or non-fictional leaders are okay. I'm working on the Oppening Post, and only have 3 more players to write intro's for, so look for it to be up late tonight. Lets get this party started!
  2. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    GM- I changed GM colors, becuase I'm cool like that. If you see a post in this color font, READ. I realize that skimming does take place, but when I post in this color, it means important stuff, so read it all. Thank you. AAAAAAANNND, Away we go!

**Note: Even though we are starting, WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING PLAYERS! Please, contact me if interested in playing?

IC: Tsung Zao Gjun
    The Forbidden City, China

A tremendous smile crossed the face of the newly crowned Emperor of China. This smile was not an unusual occurrence for Gjun, and would not at all be surprising if one knew the circumstances. Emperor Gjun had just been appointed by divine right, and his first week was quickly becoming a successful one. According to his latest report, the new fleet had just been finished, and it appeared that China was on its way to once again achieving world supremacy. Trade routs had just been established, and things were indeed looking up for the one time world power. It was the dawn of a new age, yet Gjun had more important things to see to. A certain, unassuming messenger had just shown up at the temple doors, and was currently arguing with the Red Guard.

The bulky leader quickly strode up and with a word his soldiers quit harassing the poor man. Deciding formality was better saved for another time, Gjun gruffly issued three words from his diaphragm.

?Come with me.?

As was custom, no questions were asked. Gjun was simply obeyed. That is the way he liked it; and when he liked something, it stayed put.

Gjun led the man into a dark room; the room where the less glamorous part of the job was done, the room where Gjun had thus spent the majority of his time in office. He turned to look at the small mouse of a man.

?Is it ready??

The man stuttered. ?Y?Ye?.Yes, your glorious. It has been done. The?the man just awaits your approval?? Again, the messenger bowed.

?See to it that the plan is put into action. Now!?

Gjun quickly turned and walked out of the ?office.? He had no logical reason to believe he would not be obeyed?

TAG: None

750 Gold and 1 Galeon has been sent to each of your respective tresuries.

"A rebellion?!"

"SHHH! His majesty is not aware of this development yet. He will be most displeased if he finds out we knew about it before we told him. I am on my way to tell him this very interest, but do a favor for yourself and act as though it is a surprise when you are told. If not, they will suspect your evolvement??

?But you are the one..!?

Again, the man was cut short.

?SHHH. You are already in this. There is no getting out now. Alas, I must now go tell him. Pray that he doesn?t take both of our heads, simply for bringing him the news!?
    A short time later, Philip III, King of Spain, was informed of a civil rebellion growing rather large in the southern regions of his fine nation.

TAG: Despised1

The royal lawyers strode quickly down the immaculate hallways. They were on a mission?that much was clear. The huge doors that seemed to steal so many confident men?s arrogance had no consequence on the eager group of legal confidants. The future of the nation as they knew it lie in their hands. Pushing the doors wide open, the men entered the throne room with no regard for formalities.

?Sir, we have arrived from the west isles. The reports are true. Their king?Edwin is his name?attests that he has rights to this throne??

The lead lawyer looked around, a message to all in attendance but the king himself. The room quickly emptied, leaving only the rich king, and his guests. ?Now sir?We all know that Edwin is correct, as per the lineage. But the public does not yet know this?And England has been flourishing under your rule. You are King. We suggest military response, but the decision is yours? Information also suggests that Edwin can be bought?but that is iffy??

TAG: Long_Live_The_Rebels

The caravan came through the city gates. A />/>/>/>
  3. Long_Live_The_Rebels Jedi Knight

star 3
    OOC: When is Payday?

IC: James I

James looked around at his guests leaving, "Next time my dear lawyers, make sure you address me as King and that all those that need not to know this information, be gone from this room."

James stood up and walked down to the lawyers, "So my Edwin is claiming the throne of England, such a pity, Sir Robert, come here."

Out of the shadows came a man so dark and mysterious that everyone knew what type of man he was, he was a Machiavellian Man, a man that was known to be the Kings master of spies and assassins. "Sir Robert, what do you think my actions shall be?"

Robert answered quickly, "As one is to rule, he must not be contended, by those within ones own nation."

James, "So I thought, please pass the word to the Generals, we have a war, have the training of an army commence and may god be with us."

Tag: MasterPrenn

English Empire

Territory:
    England:
    -Income: 650
    -Bonus: Free Galleon every other turn

Economy:
    Current: 750
    Income: 0 (650 only on payday)
    Spending:
    -2x Clipper - 200 x 2 = 400
    -4x Musketeers company - 60 x 4 = 240
    -1x Cavalry company - 60 x 1 = 60
    ===700
    Leftover: 50

Navy:
    1st Transport Fleet:
    -Galleon Transport I

1st Fleet:
    -Clipper Pride
    -Clipper Sleek

Army:
    1st Army:
    -Musketeers company Musk. I
    -Musketeers company Musk. II
    -Musketeers company Musk. III
    -Musketeers company Musk. IV
    -Cavalry company Cav. I
  4. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Sultan Al-Salah

The man stroked his beard slowly, a look of deep thought on his face. As the Vizier spoke, the man stood calmly, striding to the great window looking out upon his city.

This was the Sultan Al-Salah, the Red Sultan! This was his city, his home: Mecca, the heart of Islam. Jeddah could be seen to the west, if one was able to look past the glory of Mecca.

"...My Lord, I highly reccomend we mobilize troops to combat the Slavs."

The Sultan stroked his beard once more, before turning to his Vizier. He was a tall man; with sharp features and fair skin. Fairer than most Muslims, at any rate. He was from the east, originally, born to a concubine. His blue eyes centred on the Vizier.

"Kemrhi, my friend. You saw this messenger with your own eyes?"

"Yes...Yes, of course I did, my Lord."

The Sultan smiled. "Does it not seem rather...promptly timed?"

"I don't understand, Sultan."

"Think, Kemrhi - Many rulers are receiving warnings such as this. The Austrians, the Spanish...our Spymaster's agents are well placed."

Kemrhi's brow furrowed. "Would they know the nature of these warning, Lord?"

Salah smiled wryly. "Not that well placed, my Vizier. Your predecessor was like you at this age: unsure, nervous, and eager to please."

Kemrhi began to stutter a response, but Salah silenced him with a wave of his hand.

"It means you're learning, Kemrhi. Yes, your recommendation seems appropriate. Put the word out - any able bodied men that wish to serve their country may enlist."

Kemrhi pulled out a scroll, and wrote quickly.

"And, prepare the mamelukes and our boats."

Tag: Those who want it

Ottoman Empire

Territory:
    Ottoman Empire

-Income: 500
    -Bonus: 100/payday

Economy:
    Current: 750
    Income: 0
    Spending: 470

Navy:
    Transports x 2 = 200

Army:
    cavalry x 2 = 120
    Normal Infantry x 2 = 150

End balance: 280
  5. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Philip III, King of Spain
    Royal Palace, Madrid

"A rebellion?" The King said for the 6th time since being told of the situation, "I need more information, and I need it fast." The young King of Spain had never before considered treason in his own country, had he not been a good King? Had he failed his people in some way? That he did not yet know, but he would soon find out and those responsible for the uprising would suffer the consiquences.

Standing up from his throne Philip straightened the tunic he wore and waived over a palace page, "Tell Capitán Raviez to ready the Kingdom's Army and prepare to march to quell the rebellion, caution him to avoid sensless violence on the citizens. Our main objective is not to slaughter our own people." As he waived the page away he turned back to the man who delivered this dire news, "Tell me what we already know of this rebellion."

Tag: MASTERPRENN

Minor change to my bonus, GM approved change.

Bonus: 10% off all naval purchases

Income: 750
    Spending: 735
    Balance: 15

Purchases:

6 Musketeer Companies (150 troops): Cost 360

5 Infantry Units (375 troops): Cost 375

Force Distribution:

Spanish Imperial Army: Madrid, serving as palace guard
    Command: King of Spain, Philip III

3 Infantry Company (225)
    4 Musketeer Companies (100)

The Kingdom's Army: preparing to march to southern regions
    Command: Capitán Marcos Raviez

2 Infantry Company (150)
    2 Musketeer Companies (50)

Royal Navy: On patrol

1 Galleon

EDIT: Purchases and starting income corrected. :D/>
  6. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    GM- Reminder, and Despised, this particularly affects you...You guys start out with 750 Gold and a Galleon, not your nation's income. You will recieve your nation's income after the first payday, which will be on every Wednesday, starting 1 A.M board time.
  7. Darth_Joesha Jedi Master

star 4
    ic: Alessia Particiaco
    Venice

?A severe famine has come upon the lands of Tuscany and Venice, your majesties. By the estimates of our best mathematicians, you have 2 weeks before the people go hungry.?

"This troubles me... take 200 gold from the treasury and import grain from abroad, we will get through this." The young Venitian leader said writing a letter to authorise this move. When her servant had left Alessia turned to the other leaders present.

"Is there anything the Vatican can do, your holyness?" Alessia said bowing to the pope.

tag: BLem, Imp

Control Mode:

Balance: 0750
    Income: 0000

Total: 0750

Purchases:

Foriegn Grain Imports - 200
    Cavalry Company x3 - 180
    Heavy Infantry Company - 70
    Infantry Company x4 - 300

Final Balance: 0000

Army Status:

Venitian Fleet:
    Galleon

Ventitan Army:
    Cavalry Company
    Cavalry Company
    Cavalry Company
    Heavy Infantry Company
    Infantry Company
    Infantry Company
    Infantry Company
    Infantry Conpany

City Status:

Venice:
    Galleon
    Cavalry Company
    Cavalry Company
    Cavalry Company
    Heavy Infantry Company
    Infantry Company
    Infantry Company
    Infantry Company
    Infantry Conpany
  8. oppaizombie Jedi Knight

star 1
    OOC: Could nations buy crop from the other player controlled powers? Just wondering as it seemed another avenue for income. Austria would gladly part with supplies, and for less than what Venice was made to pay.

Archduke Lasdislaus Leopold VII
    The Wienerwald; wooded foothills of the Leopoldsberg

In a clearing within the beech woods of the Vienna forest and beneath a gold trimmed, yellow striped pavilion, sat two great oak tables. Draped across their dark finish were white taffeta sheets, and assembled upon these were a great many swagged bowls and fluted dishes of silver. Upon each various fruits and assorted delicacies had been piled. Pyramids of apples, nectarines and peaches towered next to bunched grapes and arrayed pastries and biscuits. It was an assembly fit for a king's audience- or belly. And this capacity it filled perfectly, though, at that moment, there was no king about. Well, stewards in royal fineries paraded about the tables, bringing more fruits or sweets, but they did not matter at all. For this banquet was for the Archduke himself, and company. Not a soul excluded from them would dare touch what was for their indulgences alone. But to be honest, one of the servants - no not that one; the other over by the peaches, yes he's the one - had partaken of a single tart. He had done a very talented job at rearranging the pastries to hide the one missing, but he had not cleaned his greedy little fingers or his greedy fat mouth. Oh, worry not, for he will escape unscathed this time. And so they remained - save the for missing tart - those fruits and the desserts for the party to emerge from the festive masque in the Wienerwald.

Shooting through the grey trunked beeches of the forest, behind a feathered mask, the Archduke of Austria pursued the open gaiety of his wood staged pageant with an ardour more fitting for real stately affairs. Not to imply the ruler unfit to lead, nor to suggest or infer incompetence, as he possesed neither of these unkingly follies. More so, and more simply, he merely took to fancy a deal too much than was befitting one of such rank and prestige. His land, that of Austria, was a power growing in the shadows of greater nations. To the south, the Ottoman Empire pressed ever northward; their borders already ambiguously meshed. To the west, Spain and England boosted the more worthy of European control. To this was his realm pitted. It would only be through ambition and wit, that Austria might call herself an equal to these kingdoms. To this the Archduke was aware, had been aware, since coming to a self-realization; that his destiny, the one he would make himself, would lead to a greatness yet materialized in the known, and ever expanding, world.

Through two entwined beech copses, the Archduke passed, till coming upon that golden pavilion. The stewards had by then removed all presence of themselves. None too soon, for the rest of the party began to trickle into the clearing as well. Following the portly Grand Duke Augustine, came the Princes Frederick and Baldomr, and behind them several lutists and a rebec player danced about in step. Their quaint tunes seemingly hurried along the idlers of the company, who having realized the music to be drawing further away, rushed along after its fleeting notes.

They all wore bits of finery and all there were coloured a great deal. Augustine, Grand Duke of Royal Hungary, was himself red; as much from exertion as from the scarlet cape he flaunted. The Princes were garbed in blues and yellows, and talked between each other about the recent news of a reborn Slavic domain. All there, but the Archduke, seemed much perturbed over the news. The two young men only broke their topic when the last of their number appeared.

Rhaeto of Gorizia, whisperingly gossiped of as the Romance Prince, took the arm of the Princess Emmanuelle of Bohemia. The two had become inseperable- actually, that Rhaeto had become clingy,
  9. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    GM-

Oppai- You may sell your grain, but for it to be available for sale outside of your nation, you will need to specially harvest it, which will cost you some money.

Everybody- As you may have noticed, there are 8 European nations still available. If these are not claimed by new players, they will become available for you to Conquer two weeks from this post. But, this game is centered around colonization and imperialization, so focus on those things...Great job so far guys! I am inpressed! Also, don't forget to go vote for the awards!

I'm working on an update, one should be up soon. Also, do not forget, that while these things are going on in Europe, it is possible to start the great exedous to the New World...

10. oppaizombie Jedi Knight

star 1
    OOC: Gotcha. Austria will look into that profitable business in good time.

Wiener Park; Royal hunting grounds

"Release!" A steward in pale gold livery cried, throwing up a short wooden pole, to which a yellow flag had been tethered. Off a distance a plainly garbed man, a trapper from the south of some repute, opened a cage and released several wild hares from captivity. In exchange for their freedom, however, they were to be made sport of by the Archeduke and his princely retinue.

The nobles rose their delicate stonebows in hand and followed the fleeing animals with keen precision. As the crossbows began clicking and flinging forth their stoney projectiles, a great hurrah was given out by the assembled lords and ladies. It was a competitive sport, and none wished to be found wanting in such esteemed company.

"By Jove!" Prince Baldomr exclaimed. "That should have been my hit. Your Excellency is not at all humble today." He said with a laugh. To which his sovereign merely replied in mutual mirth. With the last of the hares too far off to be made target of, the trapper went to collect those who had been debilitated by the swift pellets. The fun was over, and the Archduke retired back to his Royal suites, while his guests made fun elsewhere.

"Would his Excellency admire his prizes?" A waiting steward asked with a florid bow.

"No, indeed not." He said while passing. "Reward them to the trapper, they were especially lively today. His reputation does not miss its mark. We will call upon his services again this Thursday morrow." The Archduke continued through the hunting grounds of the Vienna Park, and later that day found himself within the stuffy confines of his Royal chambers inside the Hofburg Palace.

"Sir," his attendant spoke, "we have written petitions from the Krasenberg, Furven and Bandenhoff families. They came today morn." The man handed a leather parcel to the Archduke. He unlashed its toggle and broke the seals off the three pieces of parchment. He gave a slight murmer as he read them to himself.

"Ah, yes of course. They wish to be reimbursed for their contributions to my effort in persauding the Slavs." With a deft hand he wrote a quick order, which he explained was to be given to the treasury that same day, commanding the royal coffers be parted with a sum equal to what was contributed. Afterwards he dealt with other affairs of the land, making sure to peruse each report carefully.

Tag: No one.Royal Report on the Assets, Proprieties and Ordnances of the Habsburg Empire

Territory
    Austria
    Income: 550
    Bonus: One free Infantry company every turn

Royal Treasury
    Current Status
    Revenue: 0
    Resources: 110
    Expidentures:
    Krasenberg Reimbursement - 30
    Furven Reimbursement - 30
    Bandenhoff Reimbursement - 30
    Balance: 20

Army
    Regular Army Garrisoned at Vienna
    1st Carinthians - Musketeers company (25/25)
    2nd Carinthians - Musketeers company (25/25)
    1st Kyrissers - Cavalry company (15/15)
    2nd Kyrissers - Cavalry company (15/15)

Volkswehr
    1st Tennengers - Mercenary company (75/75) Garrisoned at Tennegau
    1st Flachgers - Mercenary company (75/75) Garrisoned at Flachgau
    Dornbirnens - Mercenary company (75/75) Marching from Dornbirn to Trieste
    Schweffer's company - Mercenary company (75/75) Camped on several hills outside Trieste

Navy
    The Home Fleet Berthed at Trieste
    Leopoldia - Galleon (Hull 100%)
    Song of Triest - Clipper (Hull 100%)/>
  11. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    IC: Spanish Aide

The aide bowed.

"Sir, the we are lucky enough to have caught this rebellion in its early stages. So far, they only have 150 crudly trained peasants, with little to no substantial weaponry or tactics. Though be mindfull, this does make the situation a little more...sticky...for you, because the public will likely take kinder to the notion of highly trained, threatening troops being beaten to a pulp by the royal forces, rather than 150 civilians speaking there mind being massacared, if you get what I'm saying..."

IC: Yeri Kazmatov (Slavic Czar)

Through his political career, Yeri Kazmatov had seen may gimmicks. He had seen many political tactics. He had been happy, sad, tired, and frustrated, all at once. At the moment, he was furious. It had taken 35 hard earned years of careful political strategy and manipulation for him to attain his current position, and some new, unexperienced head of state thought he could trick him into relenting? Yeri knew a trick when he saw one, and this was more than one. This was not a simple suggestion on how to act. This was an insult to the political awarness of the Czar. Yeri didn't take to kindly to insults. He would disrespect those you disrespected him. As such, everything those detested Austrians had sent them (including the gifts) had been sent back, on skewers and silver platters, all bearing the Kazmatov coat of arms. The Austrian king would not be daft enough to miss this message...

TAG: Oppaizombie/>
  12. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    King Philip III, King of Spain
    Royal Palace, Madrid

"That may be so, but I will not send less than can handle the situation." The young King moved over to his desk and sat down, taking a piece of parchment and quill he began to write the orders under which Capitán Raviez would march the army. "Raviez knows how to use tact when needed, he will not fail me here." The King stated with assurance.

After rolling the parchment and placing the seal he gave the orders to another page and sent them off to the Capitán. "This is not how I want to rule, fighting my own people." Philip looked to his aide, "Why did this happen? What cause do the people revolt for?"

Tag: Spanish Aide (GM)

Capitán Marcos Raviez, The Kingdom's Army
    Marching from Madrid to southern Spain

Capitán Raviez was handed another set of orders, this straight from Philip. Upon breaking the seal and reading the orders he stashed them away and continued the chores of reading an army to march, much still needed to be done but he figured they would be on the road sometime after noon.

Tag: Nobody yet

Force Distribution:

3 Infantry Company (225)

The Kingdom's Army: on march to southern regions

2 Infantry Company (150)

Royal Navy: On patrol near Straits of Gibraltar
    Command: Fernando Santos, Duke of Gibraltar and Admiral of Spanish Navy.
    1 Galleon
  13. oppaizombie Jedi Knight

star 1
    OOC: So it is war.

Royal Conferrence Room; Hofburg Palace

"This is outrageous!" Grand Duke Habsburg-Lorraine stormed, as he rose from his chair in the conferrence room and slammed a heavy hand upon the ornate oak table. The various lords and nobles about him, excluding the Archduke, mimiced his indignation, though with more an air of subtlness and restraint; however some were but moments away from rising up in arms themselves.

"That is quite enough, sir." The Archduke voiced softly, keeping a steady and firm pair of eyes on the older man until he retook his place at the table. "We all share in your offense, but there are far less animated ways to exhibit such; far quieter too." Upon resolution that there would be no more outbursts, he continued. "This news from the east is disastrous only for the Slavs. No matter what was reported, there was no deceit or trickery in my offers. Of this you all are aware, having seen them yourselves before they were sent. This Kazmatov, no matter his army, is a simple brigand. And as such, will be brought to heel as we would any brigand. We will bleed him, and the offers he so passionately refused prior, will seem very agreeable. Though I must admit it quite honourable to return our gifts with such additionaly generosity. I only regret he did not return my emissaries alive, as well. That small gesture would have averted a great many Slavic deaths." His feigned compassion fooled no one, but he indulged himself nonetheless.

"We will continue as per our decided contingencies. Field Marshal Ruerig is eager to test the regulars. The woods of Europe are as thick as those in the New World. So we shall put to test his formations and tactics against this mongrel horde when it decides to show itself."

"We should send word to the frontier cities concerning this, your Excellency. A warning may mean the difference between a massacre and an unfortuante loss." One of the nobles suggested. The Archduke agreed and said when the 1st Tennengers and Flachgers companies reached the eastern regions such would be done. Upon being asked why the mercenaries were dispatched at all, their sovereign simply gave a toothy smile and said, "I thought it rude not to have a proper welcome prepared for Kazmatov and his Slavic herd."

Tag: Slavs, AnyoneRoyal Report on the Assets, Proprieties and Ordnances of the Habsburg Empire

Territory
    Austria
    Bonus: One free Infantry company every turn

Royal Treasury
    Previous Status
    Balance: 20

Current Status
    Revenue:
    Returned Gifts - 90
    5x Bloody Silver Platters - 75
    Resources: 185
    Expidentures: 0
    Balance: 185

Army

Volkswehr
    1st Tennengers - Mercenary company (75/75) Marching East
    1st Flachgers - Mercenary company (75/75) Marching East
    Dornbirnens - Mercenary company (75/75) Garrisoned at Trieste docks
    Schweffer's company - Mercenary company (75/75) Garrisoned at Trieste docks

Navy
    The Home Fleet Anchored off of Trieste
  14. Long_Live_The_Rebels Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: King James I

After ordered the recruitment of the new army, King James I looked towards the lawyers and then to his Sir Robert, "Sir Robert, have a messenger bring this message to Edwin, telling him to stand down on his claims or he will pay a powerful price for what he has said"

"and after that message is sent, send a couple of assassins and spys to observe him and when the time comes right, kill him, make it look like a religious fanatic."

Tag: Master Prenn
  15. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Ottoman Empire

General Otheym did not like his king's decision in the matter of the Slavs, and had no qualms about displaying his opinion.

"Sultan, they are a violent people! I have told you this before! This threat must be taken care of now, before it becomes a serious problem."

Salah did not flinch from Otheym's harsh words. His eyes did not waver from the General's stare.

"Otheym, you have been with me for almost ten years. These things-" he gestured to a map on the wall, referring to political alliances, "-these things must be watched with care and patience."

Otheym sighed. "I'm aware of your stance on this matter, Lord, but you must see the reason in this! Quell this conflict before it begins."

A calm voice, low and gravelly, answered Otheym's plea.

"That is precisely what is happening, General."

The voice came from the shadows in the Sultan's study. From them stepped a tall, lithe man, clad in black and crimson. His hair was long, but tied back out of his eyes, and his eyes were narrow and dark. Lines creased his long face, and he spoke again.

"Our agents are preparing, even as we speak. We will find who is behind this, and we will silence him."

Otheym looked at the man, and his eyes narrowed.

"Kalim. Do not waste the Sultan's time with your ploys. Wheels within wheels, indeed."

Kalim, the Spymaster, smiled grimly. "A well placed word is oft better than a sword to the heart, General. Though I'm sure you already knew that."

Otheym's hand flew to his hilt, and Kalim tensed.

"Enough!" roared Salah. "I have no time for your petty rivalry, gentlemen. Otheym, you will train our troops for combat, and prepare my armies. Kalim, you are to bring in all information on the Slavs and their military. Understood?"

Otheym's hand released the hilt of his blade, and Kalim relaxed. They nodded.

"Good. Now. To work, gentlemen. Go with peace."

Tag: Any
  16. oppaizombie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ante-room to the Archeduke's chambers; Hofburg Palace

With his fingers tracing across the surface of a stately map, Archduke Lasdislaus Leopold VII von Habsburg perused the entirety of his realm. Around him several of his military advisors stood debating strategy. Field Marshal Ruerig had come out of hiding amidst the regulars to grace his Excellency's current dilemma involving the Slavs, with him also were Cavalry General Strombecker and Brodny Augustine, Grand Duke if Royal Hungary; the latter playing as an intermediate authority on the Hungarian region, which undoubtedly would see conflict before Austria herself.

"Unlikely they'd attemp crossing the Tatras," Augustine commented as he observed the map.

"Indeed not, sir," Ruerig replied. "Which leaves them with the Two Nations or coming directly through your lands, Excellency." The Grand Duke gave a grim nod.

"We have already sent couriers to the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth," Archduke Leopold VII voiced as he swept around the table in the middle of his ante-room study. "With riders canvasing the north any movement from the Slavs will be known."

"In the meantime," Ruerig continued, "Royal Hungary will spearhead any eastern force. When we do engage them, I mean to harass rather than draw them out into open file until I know their number. I doubt this rabble has any formation, but I do beleive they are not led by fools. With that in mind, I suppose once the skirmishes begins that we drive them south; pinning their arse on the Turks."

The Archduke smiled at that, never passing up a moment to annoy the Ottomans. When a steward knocked on the study's twin doors and announced the arrival of a courier, the men straightened and bade the man enter. With his coming, news that the mercenary companies had entered Bratislava was reported.

"Excellent," their sovereign said. From their current vantage, it seemed their position against the Slavs was a firm one. They had means to hold them should they push directly west. Riders north would report any sign of them attempting to sweep down. And their interests outside the realm, those mainly in Trieste, were defended as well. They only waited on reports of the size and strength of the Slavic forces. When that was known Austria would unravel itself as would a serpent, exposing its true size and strike at that assuming barbarian Kazmatov.Royal Report on Military Movements and Positions of the Habsburg Empire

Army

Volkswehr
    1st Tennengers - Mercenary company (75/75) Garrisoned at Bratislava
    1st Flachgers - Mercenary company (75/75) Garrisoned at Bratislava
    Dornbirnens - Mercenary company (75/75) Garrisoned at Trieste docks

Navy
  17. Darth_Meerkat Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    GM APPROVED
    Name: Aleksander Slavart
    Nation: Muscovy
    Appearance: [image=http://www.balliol.ox.ac.uk/history/portraits/images/034%20King%20Charles%20I.jpg]
    Traits/Personality: Aleks cares about his people, and will take a defensive stance to protect them. When civillians are not at risk, he can be a brilliant military leader, but prefers diplomacy before starting a war.
    Bio: Aleks was born in Saint Petersburg, Russia, to a chef and a baker. When he was seven years old, he started working in the bakery with his mother and older brother. When he was eleven, the family moved to Moscow to try and find a wider variety of people to sell to. When his father died when Aleks from a mysterious disease, he joined the military to try and get some extra money for his family. A general in the Muscovite government recognized Aleks' mind for politics. By the time he was 33, he had enough influence with the politicians to take charge of the nation. When he was 34, he took up the reins of power.

IC: Aleksander Slavart
    President's Palace, Moscow
    Aleks looked around at the men standing around the war table, the four men that he trusted to help him along in his second year in office. The Admiral of the Muscovite Navy, the General of the Muscovite Army, the Colonization Minister, the People's Voice. He knew that the time ahead would be difficult, but if the idea he had worked, the Muscovites would have a unique foothold in the New World.

"Aleski, Josef," He said, breaking the silence that had left the room in an akward state. "Do we have the material needed to cross the ocean to the New World? Petar, Yassen, are there people willing to leave Muscovy to colonize this new land?

His advisors looked uncertain. Aleski spoke up uncertainly. "Sir, we are still new at a large scale navy, much less anything geared towards colonizing anything far from mainland Europe. We could probably have a few trans-ocean transports built quickly, but if we did that, we couldn't build ships for escort and combat duties...I don't know the specifics, but I can get the shipmaster started on a flotilla to claim a territory."

Petar jumped in at this point. "We won't have colonists assembled very quickly...we need to give them survival training for where they are going. I will need to look through the maps to find a suitable location to land them."

Aleks nodded. "Okay, make the nessacery arrangements. Tax season is coming up, so we should be able to assemble this reltively quickly. Assemble a list of material and supplies needed, please. But it is getting late. Would anyone care to join me for a bit of dinner?"

TAG: None

Muscovite Empire
    Territory: Muscovy
    Income: 600
    Bonus: 10% off all Calvary
    Faction Specific Unit: Cassock (Upgraded Calvary ? Same Price, More Power)

Government:
    Admiral-in-Chief: Aleski Stuko
    General-in-Chief: Josef Gregorovich
    Colonization Minister: Petar Tanos
    People's Voice: Yassen Maltin

Units

Cost:
    Initial: 750
    Spent: 375
    Total: 375

Purchases:
    5 Infantrymen company

Military
    Navy
    1: Galleon Motherland, in port
    Army
    375 infantrymen (5 units), 3 stagger-garrisoned in west Muscovy, 2 as Presidental Guard in Moscow
  18. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    GM- Great, great job everyone. Kudos! I am waiting for one more player to post their sheet before I post an update, but if they don't get to me in the next couple of days, I'll post one by Wednesday. Thanks alot guys! Really great job! My PM box is always open.
  19. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Payday rocks. [face_dancing]

Income: 600
    Purchase:

~Invest 300 into Spain's fishing industry.
    ~Invest 300 into Spain's agriculture industry.

Costs: 600
    Balance: 0

Capitán Marcos Raviez, The Kingdom's Army
    Southern Spain

Capitán Raviez ordered a stop to the march of his army and called for runners, he gave them orders to run ahead of the main body and spread word that the Spanish Army was here, and that the King has sent them to discuss terms for peace. "This had better work." The grizled Capitán said, not that he was against non-violent means of attaining victory, but rather that if it failed it would be his head on the block.

Marcos sat upon his horse and stroked his wild beard for a few minutes longer as he watched the scouts spread out before them, many a soldier wondered what crossed the experienced vetrans mind, but none dared ask him. He loved his troops, but he loved discipline even more, anyone speaking out of line would be digging latrines for a month if not more.

Tag: GM (to see if any response comes from my advance runners)

Force Distribution:

3 Infantry Company (225)

The Kingdom's Army: Southern regions of Spain

2 Infantry Company (140)
    1 Advance Scout Unit (using 10 infantry soldiers)

Royal Navy: On patrol near Straits of Gibraltar
    Command: Fernando Santos, Duke of Gibraltar and Admiral of Spanish Navy
    1 Galleon/>/>
  20. Long_Live_The_Rebels Jedi Knight

star 3
    OOC: Waiting for GM reply for earlier post, so Im going to spice things up

IC: King James I

"My lord, our expansion force is ready for the new world."

James smiled, "Send them forth into this new world and see that a colony is made in the English name."

1st Expansionary Force is being loaded on the 1st Transport Fleet and is being sent to the New Foundland territory.

Tag: MasterPrenn

English Empire

Territory:
    England:
    -Income: 650
    -Bonus: Free Galleon every other turn

Economy:
    Current: 50
    Income: 650
    Bonus: 1x Galleon
    Total Spending Money: 700
    Spending:
    -1x Colonist Unit ? 500 x 1 = 500
    -3x Musketeers Company ? 60 x 3= 180
    ===680
    Leftover: 20

Navy:
    1st Transport Fleet:
    -Galleon Transport I
    -Galleon Transport II

1st Fleet:
    -Clipper Pride
    -Clipper Sleek

Army:
    1st Army:
    -5x Musketeers Company (125 Men)
    -1x Cavalry Company (15 Men)

1st Expansionary Force:
    -2x Musketeers Company (50 Men)
    -1x Colonist Unit (500 Men)
  21. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    GM Mode

IC: Captain Armondo Rodriguez

The captain pinched the messangers cheeck together, and spoke through gritted teeth.

"You listen here. Tell your...King...that we want what we always have wanted...and what we deserve. A seperate Basque nation in the north!"

TAG: Despised

Stats for fishing and grain investments:

300 buys a fishing fleet, which in turn will yeild +50 gold every turn. Sorry Despised, but after review, what we previously agreed upon was a bit much for fish. If this makes you re-think your investment, PM me and we will discuss it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

300 will yeild 3 Grain Units, which can be sold or traded with other nations.

Due to increase in agricultural spending, Public Image has gone up 5%.

IC: Muscovite Messanger

The messanger strode quickly through the huge doors, into the metting chamber. "I bring news from the Slavic nations. They are massing an army, and are showing agresivness. Word is that Austria and the Ottomans are massing their armies as well..."

TAG: Darth_Meerkat

Slavic Forces:

Infantry:

150 Infantry
    60 Heavy Infantry
    45 Pikemen
    30 Musketeers

Calvary:

3 Squads

Border of Austria:

50 Infantry
    20 Heavy
    15 Pikemen
    10 Musketeers

1 Calvary Squad

Border of Ottoman

50 Infantry
    20 Heavy
    15 Pikemen
    10 Musketeers

1 Calvary Squad

Border of Muscovy:

50 Infantry
    20 Heavy
    15 Pikemen
    10 Musketeers

1 Calvary Squad

TAG: Oppaizombie, Peng, Meerkat

IC: Edwin

Edwin crumpled the note in his hand, and had the messanger quickly sent back with a rather loud message.

"I will not stand down! I am the rightfull King, and deserve the crown!"

TAG: LLTR

OOC: LLTR, assasains and spies will cost you some Gold to manufacture...

Joesha, Blem, IMP, it will take you 5 units of grain to appease the masses, though more than that certainly won't hurt your P.A...

GM- Please excuse my lack of posting and lack of great writing...I have been SWAMPPED with Mid-Terms and the like. Things should be back to managable levels soon, but untill then, I'll always be lurking, and posting when I can. And my PM box is always open. Thanks guys!/>/>/>/>/>
  22. oppaizombie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wiener Park; Royal hunting grounds

Astride his Holsteiner, Lasdislav Archduke of Austria cantered slowly down a gravel lane bordered by rows of hornbeam. Behind him trotted his peer the Grand Duke of Royal Hungary Brodny Augustine von Nógrád and ahead, only a few yards, Baldomr von Gradisca had reined to take a closer look at the grounds visible from the lane's right shoulder.

Brodny came alongside his sovereign and thus began, "What is this news I hear about Ruerig and Strombecker marching eastward?" His curt manner implied his offence at not being present for the decision, or at the very least at having not been immediately informed.

"Dear sir, but your manners are uncouth today." Replied the Archduke. "Nevertheless, I appreciate your reaction. It had to be made swiftly. Report was handed to me this morn concerning the number of the Slavs. Seems they have spread themselves a bit thin. We have our Turk and Muscovite neighbors to thank for that. Methinks when the riff-raff has been dealt with a celebration would be in order. And I shall invite their leaders to Hofburg."

"Turks in Vienna!" A flabbergasted Brodny spat. "A most disturbing thought."

"Come now, sir," Lasdislav retorted. "I have met neither men but have heard much of their... ah, well, whatever it is they are famed for I am sure they have much of it. Making them both grand and prominent men, in their own right."

"Indeed."Royal Report on the Assets, Proprieties and Ordnances of the Habsburg Empire

Territory
    Austria
    Bonus: One free infantry company every turn

Royal Treasury
    Previous Status
    Balance: 185

Current Status
    Revenue: 550
    Resources: 735
    Expidentures:
    2x Mercenary company - 100
    1x Musketeer company - 60
    Balance: 575

Army
    Regular Army
    1st Carinthians - Musketeers company (25/25) En route to Bratislava
    2nd Carinthians - Musketeers company (25/25) En route to Bratislava
    3rd Carinthians - Musketeers company (25/25) Garrisoned at Vienna
    4th Rohrbachers - Infrantry company (75/75) Garrisoned at Vienna *Bonus
    1st Kyrissers - Cavalry company (15/15) En route to Bratislava
    2nd Kyrissers - Cavalry company (15/15) En route to Bratislava

Volkswehr
    1st Tennengers - Mercenary company (75/75) Garrisoned at Bratislava
    2nd Flachgers - Mercenary company (75/75) Garrisoned at Bratislava
    Montafons - Mercenary company (75/75) En route to Bratislava
    Perchters - Mercenary company (75/75) En route to Bratislava
    Dornbirnen - Mercenary company (75/75) Garrisoned at Trieste docks

Navy
  23. Darth_Meerkat Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    IC: Aleks Slavart

The messanger strode quickly through the huge doors, into the metting chamber. "I bring news from the Slavic nations. They are massing an army, and are showing agresivness. Word is that Austria and the Ottomans are massing their armies as well..."

Aleks swore when the messanger handed over the report of foreign troops on the Muscovite border. Josef looked over Alek's shoulder and paled.
    "Well, we knew that this cease-fire wouldn't last forever. Josef, we need troops in reserve to combat these invaders. It might benefit us to have an ally or two here. The Slavs are south...countries...yes. Send runners to the nations along the west Slavic line. Start with the Ottomans and the Austrians. Tell them that if it comes to war, we will be ready. Also, send a runner to the Slavic capital. See if they are willing to negotiate. If he does not return...it will be war.

TAG: Oppaizombie, Peng, Prenn

Muscovite Empire Holdings Report
    Territory: Muscovy

Government:
    Admiral-in-Chief: Aleski Stuko
    General-in-Chief: Josef Gregorovich
    Colonization Minister: Petar Tanos
    People's Voice: Yassen Maltin

Units

Cost:
    Initial: 375
    Spent: 300
    Total: 75

Purchases:
    5 Cassocks

Military
    Navy
    1: Galleon Motherland, in port
    Army
    375 infantrymen (5 units), 2 stagger-garrisoned in west Muscovy, 2 as Presidental Guard in Moscow, 2 enroute to sotuhern conflict line.
    5 Cassock companies, southern conflict line
  24. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    GM- Meerkat, now is the time to get your nations income. So in addition to your remaning balance from the original money, you add Muscovy's income...I believe it's six hundred, but may be wrong.
  25. Long_Live_The_Rebels Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll put the remaining 20 gold into an assassin to kill edwin.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.