1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Conquest of the New World (System Lords in the 1600's)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by PRENNTACULAR, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    GM- Sneaking on real quick. I missed you latest post, LLTR, so here are the stats for NewFoundland:

Territory: Newfoundland
    Income: 350
    Bonus: Excelent fishing and trapping
    Defense: 100 Barbaric Warriors, 30 Trappers

Remember, you need 500 Colonists to settle a territory, and you can bargain with the natives and trappers instead of fight them...
  2. Long_Live_The_Rebels Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, my ships wont arrive there until late tonight, so it should be interesting
  3. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    OOC: So it's payday then? If so, are there any assassin units / spy units?

Ottoman Empire

Kemrhi's day had been uneventful, to put it lightly. In reality, hardly anything worthy of his attention had come up. Currently, he was running to keep up with one of the Sultan's many daughters.

"Sihaya! Sihaya, my lady, but you must be careful! Please, come back inside!" he called after the beautiful young woman.

Sihaya turned, her startlingly blue eyes flashing mischieviously.

"I'm no longer a child, Kemrhi. I can look after myself." she called back to him from astride a camel.

"But you cannot! The people, they cannot see you, they..." He trailed off.

"They'll what?"

"The Sultan will have my head for this!" he hissed.

The Sultan was there, then, suddenly. Kemrhi jumped, staring in shock.

"Lord! Your daughter, she, she-" he stammered.

Salah smiled. "She has my permission, Kemrhi. See? The General himself goes with her."

Now that Kemrhi looked, he saw Otheym, dressed in the manner of a well-to-do citizen, Rode alongside Sihaya. Salah waved them along, and his daughter smiled sweetly, waving back. He turned back to Kemrhi, his voice dropping to a conspiratorial tone, his arm around the man's shoulders.

"Kemrhi, did you truly think that I'd allow my daughter out on her own? I trust her, yes, and my people, but she and Otheym have been...courting, one might say. Well, to all public appearances. A public face to the Empire."

He looked back, pointing subtly to distant figures in black.

"And personal bodyguards to watch over them."

Tag: GM
  4. oppaizombie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Archduke Lasdislaus Leopold VII
    Royal Conferrence Room; Hofburg Palace

"I received word that Ruerig entered Bratislava a little past three this afternoon, sirs. And with message from the Muscovites that they will also engage, it seems this business shall be a grand spectacle." The Archduke spoke mildly, with little at all interest. To him this Slavic affair was all but done with. There was left only the formality of battle. "I sent a courier back to Muscovy. If he makes it through the Slavs, I have given him a message informing that we shall also draw them into a conflict. From our reports, they are positioned south of the Tatras. As we forsaw, they entered through Royal Hungary." As he finished one of the princes gathered there spoke,

"Seems old Augustine cannot settle anywhere without someone wanting a piece." To this several of the minor lords chuckled. The Grand Duke gave a light laugh but the reality of his plight kept the majority of his good humour at bay.

After the laughter died, Baldomr spoke up. "Excellency, I received a letter from Hanneshau. I was to give it to you personally." From his red and black embroided coat he produced a small manilla envelope, sealed with the Austrian Naval mark.

Lasdislav tore it back and read the enclosed note. "He has just finished a trade agreement with the Spainards," the Archduke recited. "Ah, yes, I remember him prattling along about that. Well he says here he has sent the Song of Triest to Spain. Where he hopes the business will be settled to the benefit of all concerned." With a nod he regarded the letter and turned to look at the Prince of Kustenland. "What other news concerning our expeditionary fleet?"

Baldomr replied in earnest. "With the acquisition of another galleon we should be able to send a modest force westward. From what Hanneshau believes, the eastern coasts of the New World will eventually become a battlefield."

"Yes, I have also heard his ideas on the New World. They are as interesting as Ruerig's. But that is why I have advisors. To advise me down prudent avenues. If he believes fervently in his own cleverness I can only hope that God smiles as passionately down on him."

Tag: Slavs, Muscovites
    Royal Report on Military Movements and Positions of the Habsburg Empire

Army
    Regular Army
    1st Carinthians - Musketeers company (25/25) Garrisoned at Bratislava
    2nd Carinthians - Musketeers company (25/25) Garrisoned at Bratislava
    3rd Carinthians - Musketeers company (25/25) Garrisoned at Vienna
    1st Rohrbachers - Infrantry company (75/75) Garrisoned at Vienna
    1st Kyrissers - Cavalry company (15/15) Garrisoned at Bratislava
    2nd Kyrissers - Cavalry company (15/15) Garrisoned at Bratislava

Volkswehr
    1st Tennengers - Mercenary company (75/75) Garrisoned at Bratislava
    1st Flachgers - Mercenary company (75/75) Garrisoned at Bratislava
    Montafons - Mercenary company (75/75) Garrisoned at Bratislava
    Perchters - Mercenary company (75/75) Garrisoned at Bratislava
    Dornbirnens - Mercenary company (75/75) Garrisoned at Trieste docks
    Schweffer's company - Mercenary company (75/75) Garrisoned at Trieste docks

Navy
    The Home Fleet
    Leopoldia - Galleon (Hull 100%) Anchored off of Trieste
    Song of Triest - Clipper (Hull 100%) Sailing southward along the Adriatic/>
  5. Darth_Meerkat Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    OOC: Umm...I knew that. :oops:

IC: Aleks Slavart
    A timid knock sounded at the door as Aleks finsihed talking to his council. An abashed looking man in a Treasury Department uniform stepped in. He mumbled something, focused on something on the floor between his feet.
    "Speak up, please," Yassen said, with a hint of annoyance. It was like the common people thought that the government would execute the bearers of bad news.
    "Sir, we found a surplus in the Treasury. A 600, actually. Just to let you know." The man walked quickly out of the room.
    Aleks looked at the other men in the room. "Well...now that that's over, let's get back to work.

TAG: None

Muscovite Empire Holdings Report
    Territory: Muscovy

Government:
    Admiral-in-Chief: Aleski Stuko
    General-in-Chief: Josef Gregorovich
    Colonization Minister: Petar Tanos
    People's Voice: Yassen Maltin

Treasury:
    Total: 675

Purchases:
    5 Cassocks

Military
    Navy
    1: Galleon Motherland, in port
    Army
    375 infantrymen (5 units), 2 stagger-garrisoned in west Muscovy, 2 as Presidental Guard in Moscow, 2 enroute to sotuhern conflict line.
    5 Cassock companies, southern conflict line
  6. Long_Live_The_Rebels Jedi Knight

star 3
    The two Galleons of the English Empire approached the unscathed and uncivilized world.

All they could see was coastline for miles upon miles and forests all over. The ships pulled into a bay area and long boats were lowered, each company loaded onto each one and approached the shore, under orders to return fire, not open fire if any civilized life is found. Both Galleons remain near the shore to provide artillery support in case of need.

The two companies of Musketeers found a suitable spot for colonization, but before the colonists can come to shore, they must make a defensive posistion. One of the companies of Musketeers started chopping down trees while keeping thier guns near by, the other company of Musketeers kept on watch and started building defenses around the colonization site.

Once the defenses were up, the colonists aboard the ships started heading towards the shore, with the Galleons keeping a close eye on things.

Tag: MP
  7. oppaizombie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Admiral Hanneshau
    Strait of Sicily

The clipper Song of Triest cut across the turquoise waters off the Barbary Coast. There was a good wind behind the sails, and not wishing to waste time floundering it Hanneshau had decided to cut inland more. The risk of running into pirates operating off the coast was greater, but the strong wind would last till they rounded Tunis and entered back into the Mediterranean.

He remained on deck and watched the Austrian colours flap against the sky. Visions of such standards above the New World filled the Admiral with romantic pride. Austria would have its place in the sun, this he had sworn not only to the Archduke but to himself as well. These aspirations were in fact what brought him to the seas today. He had received a word of a galleon being sold by the Crown of Spain. And given the task of building the expidetionary fleet, he had thought the offer a most advantageous one.

His thoughts on the New World and the Spainish galleon hastened his journey, and he soon noticed the ship was rounding Tunis and making for Spain with vigorous haste. Consulting the charts he ordered a forty degree change in course. The clipper began to pull to port and soon it was once more gladding across the seas.

As the Spainish coast pulled ever slowly into view, the Admiral pondered over the course of the Slavic conflict. Before leaving Trieste he had heard a rumour from Scwheffer himself that the regular army was marching east towards the city of Poprad. Certainly by now Ruerig would be well on his way. Hanneshau dwelt on the Field Marshal's business there and whether it would be as opportune as his was to be in Spain.

Tag: SpainRoyal Report on Military Movements and Positions of the Habsburg Empire

Army
    Regular Army
    1st Carinthians - Musketeers company (25/25) Marching towards Poprad
    2nd Carinthians - Musketeers company (25/25) Marching towards Poprad
    1st Kyrissers - Cavalry company (15/15) Marching towards Poprad
    2nd Kyrissers - Cavalry company (15/15) Marching towards Poprad

Volkswehr
    1st Tennengers - Mercenary company (75/75) Marching towards Poprad
    1st Flachgers - Mercenary company (75/75) Marching towards Poprad
    Montafons - Mercenary company (75/75) Marching towards Poprad
    Perchters - Mercenary company (75/75) Marching towards Poprad

Navy
    The Home Fleet
    Song of Triest - Clipper (Hull 100%) Making good speed towards Spain/>
  8. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Army Scout, The Kingdom's Army
    Southern Spain

"Yes Sir!" The scout replied with all due respect, "I beg you however to at least come to make your claim in person, the Capitán is willing to listen to your demands in person." The scout was growing more nervous as time went on, he loved his country but he really didn't feel like being killed for it at the moment.

Tag: GM

Force Distribution:

Spanish Imperial Army: Madrid, serving as palace guard
    Command: King of Spain, Philip III

3 Infantry Company (225)
    4 Musketeer Companies (100)

The Kingdom's Army: Southern regions of Spain
    Command: Capitán Marcos Raviez

2 Infantry Company (140)
    2 Musketeer Companies (50)
    1 Advance Scout Unit (using 10 infantry soldiers)

Royal Navy: At port in Gibraltar
    Command: Fernando Santos, Duke of Gibraltar and Admiral of Spanish Navy
    1 Galleon/>
  9. oppaizombie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Admiral Hanneshau
    Strait of Sicily

The Song of Triest was anchored at one of Spain's many ports into the Mediterranean. Hanneshau had long ago disembarked to find the local harbour master. With him he took several retainers and a modest coffer which contained the agreed open price.

Tag: SpainField Marshal Reurig
    Poprad

With the Tatras rising like a white spine in the distance, the town of Poprad had always boasted a fair vista. Today, however, the mountains that brought it fame had also brought war. The Slavic horde was little more than several miles east from the city's borders.

Field Marshal of the Austrian regulars, Feisel Ruerig observed the earthern battlements his troops were excavating. He had ordered the construction of three redoubts inforced with felled lumber from the surrounding forests. From these he could command the field outside of Poprad should the Slavs attack, and if not they could be retreated to should the coming battle go unfavourably.

Tag: SlavsRoyal Report on Military Movements and Positions of the Habsburg Empire

Army
    Regular Army
    1st Carinthians - Musketeers company (25/25) Garrisoned at Poprad
    2nd Carinthians - Musketeers company (25/25) Garrisoned at Poprad
    1st Kyrissers - Cavalry company (15/15) Garrisoned at Poprad
    2nd Kyrissers - Cavalry company (15/15) Garrisoned at Poprad

Volkswehr
    1st Tennengers - Mercenary company (75/75) Fortifying Poprad
    1st Flachgers - Mercenary company (75/75) Fortifying Poprad
    Montafons - Mercenary company (75/75) Fortiying Poprad
    Perchters - Mercenary company (75/75) Fortifying Poprad
    Dornbirnen - Mercenary company (75/75) Garrisoned at Trieste docks

Navy
    The Home Fleet
    Song of Triest - Clipper (Hull 100%) Anchored at Spanish port/>/>
  10. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Harbour Master
    Gibralter

"Admiral Hanneshau, my Lord over here please!" The Admiral heard shouted over the docks, upon looking toward the noise he could see a plump man dressed in cloths of fine cut. As the large man neared he could be heard breathing heavy from the short jog over, "I am Alejandro Lopez, Harbor Master of Gibralter."

The harbour master waived the admiral to follow, and after passing a few piers he poited to a galleon. "There it is, she is yours now." The harbour master waived again for the Admiral to follow. "Admiral Santos is aboard the galleon now to ensure everything is in order, I'll let him know your here." The harbour master then took a whistle that was hanging from a string on his neck and gave one short blow on it.

No more than a few moments passed before a large figure was seen on the deck of the ship near the ramp, once recognizing the harbour master and a man in Austrian naval uniform he waved for them to come up the ramp, "Welcome to Spain!" He shouted cheerfully.

Tag: oppaizombie

Action: Handing over 1 Galleon to Austria

Force Distribution:

Spanish Imperial Army: Madrid, serving as palace guard
    Command: King of Spain, Philip III

3 Infantry Company (225)
    4 Musketeer Companies (100)

The Kingdom's Army: Southern regions of Spain
    Command: Capitán Marcos Raviez

2 Infantry Company (140)
    2 Musketeer Companies (50)
    1 Advance Scout Unit (using 10 infantry soldiers)

Royal Navy: At port in Gibraltar
    Command: Fernando Santos, Duke of Gibraltar and Admiral of Spanish Navy
    No navy at this time/>
  11. oppaizombie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Admiral Hanneshau
    Port of Gibraltar

Hanneshau gave the robust man a humble bow and answered that he would of course follow. As he did so he signed for his retainers to fall into line. Two of the me carried between them a wooden chest, wrapped in reinforced iron. The harbour master, who had introduced himself as Alejandro Lopez, quickly shuffled down the many piers. Finally he pointed off a distance to the galleon they were to purchase.

When the group of men stopped before the great ship, the harbour master whistled to announce their arrival to the Spainish Admiral. After the formalities of introduction had been exchanged, Hanneshau said some choice words about the ship and its stately appearance and had his men hand over the coffer. Along with it he sent his regards from the Archduke. "Austria is most pleased with this trade, and we hope that such good faith will help unite our great countries during this new century. Now, I have brought with me a good wine and if you would partake of it, I would have honoured." One of his retainers produced a bottle and from a box with embroided scarlet silk two fine crystal glasses. He deftly poured two glasses and hand them to both Admirals. "To the health of our respective Excellencies," he said.

Tag: SpainRoyal Report on the Assets, Proprieties and Ordnances of the Habsburg Empire

Territory
    Austria
    Income: 550
    Bonus: One free infantry company every turn

Royal Treasury
    Previous Status
    Balance: 575

Current Status
    Revenue: 0
    Resources: 575
    Expidentures:
    1x Spainish Galleon - 450 Paid to the order of Despised1
    Balance: 125

Army
    Regular Army
    1st Carinthians - Musketeers company (25/25) Garrisoned at Poprad
    2nd Carinthians - Musketeers company (25/25) Garrisoned at Poprad
    1st Kyrissers - Cavalry company (15/15) Garrisoned at Poprad
    2nd Kyrissers - Cavalry company (15/15) Garrisoned at Poprad

Volkswehr
    1st Tennengers - Mercenary company (75/75) Fortifying Poprad
    1st Flachgers - Mercenary company (75/75) Fortifying Poprad
    Montafons - Mercenary company (75/75) Fortifying Poprad
    Perchters - Mercenary company (75/75) Fortifying Poprad

Navy
    The Home Fleet
    Spainish Galleon (Hull 100%) Anchored at Port of Gibraltar
    Song of Triest - Clipper (Hull 100%) Anchored at Port of Gibraltar
    />
  12. Darth_Joesha Jedi Master

star 4
    ooc: Just waiting for BLem and Imp to repsond.... if either of you are having RL troubles then just PM me and i'll just leave the meeting.

Control Mode:

Starting Balance: 0000

Income:

Venice: 550
    Venice Art Bonus: 100
    Total: 0650

Purchases:
    Cavalry Company x3 - 180
    Heavy Infantry Company x3 - 210
    Infantry Company x4 - 300

Final Balance: 0060

Army Status:

Venitian Fleet:
    Galleon

Ventitan Army:
    Cavalry Company
    Cavalry Company
    Cavalry Company
    Cavalry Company
    Cavalry Company
    Cavalry Company
    Heavy Infantry Company
    Heavy Infantry Company
    Heavy Infantry Company
    Heavy Infantry Company
    Infantry Company
    Infantry Company
    Infantry Company
    Infantry Conpany
    Infantry Company
    Infantry Company
    Infantry Company
    Infantry Conpany

City Status:

Venice:
    Galleon
    Cavalry Company
    Cavalry Company
    Cavalry Company
    Cavalry Company
    Cavalry Company
    Cavalry Company
    Heavy Infantry Company
    Heavy Infantry Company
    Heavy Infantry Company
    Heavy Infantry Company
    Infantry Company
    Infantry Company
    Infantry Company
    Infantry Conpany
    Infantry Company
    Infantry Company
    Infantry Company
    Infantry Conpany
  13. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    GM- Okay, here is the deal. I, the co-GM, and one or two of our more prominent players are dealing with INSANE RL issues, as such, this game isn't really getting the attention it warrants. I am thinking about locking this, and then starting a new one, with some minor tweaks, back up in 2-3 weeks, or maybe even a month. What do you guys think?
  14. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    OOC: As long as I get to stay Ottoman.
  15. Darth_Meerkat Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Yes, it's all right with me, but what kind of improvments will there be? More countries, more units?
  16. oppaizombie Jedi Knight

star 1
    OOC: So long as I am Austria all is well. Though starting anew means all our post in this thread were pretty much wasted.
  17. Long_Live_The_Rebels Jedi Knight

star 3
  18. Darth_Meerkat Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    OOC: OZ...don't think of them as wasted...think of it as "practice."
  19. oppaizombie Jedi Knight

star 1
    OOC: I appreciate the idea of practice, but I will hold to my idea of wastefulness. That I will be here when we start again is all that need matter now.
  20. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    An example turn or two would help. I was a little lost, and Oppaizombie's impressive posts scared me.
  21. oppaizombie Jedi Knight

star 1
    OOC: The only thing I did was post too much maybe? Did that turn people off or something?
  22. Darth_Meerkat Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    OOC: Actually, I think it was the blocks of text. Try breaking up paragraphs...it makes for a less imposing read.
  23. Jello4Prez Jedi Knight

star 1
    GM- I was game banned. This is MASTERPRENN. Okay guys. Once again, I am very sorry about this. But alot of "suprises" have just come up, and in the begining stages, I need to be pretty active...So we are going to have to shut this down for a bit.

Peng- In the OP of the real game, I will try to give a better example of what a turn looks like and stuff like that. There will also be a system to help get new players involved and better understanding. Though what in fact did transpire here is an excellent example of what to expect.

Oppaizombie- I'm sorry you feel that these posts were "wasted." Again, I am very sorry about this, but this is the very reason I want to nip it in the bud rather than keeping this sort of going and in limbo for the next couple of weeks untill it dies a slow and painful death, and have you "waste" more posts. I'd rather just put it out of its misery, and start anew when the creation team and I feel we can do the best job we can.

To all- Old players, yes, you will be able to keep your old nations and characters in the new game. Depending on if we get any more interest or not for the new game...we will be taking a look at the nations list, as well as national stats. It's all up in the air right now...But rest assured, this game will be starting again. It is a sad day for any GM who has to do this...and once again, I'm sorry. My PM box is open for any questions/complaints/death threats/ideas. Thanks guys! I'll leave this open untill tomorrow for you to get your last punches in.
  24. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Sounds cool to me, I will keep my eyes open for the new thread.

I am looking forward to getting this thing rolling.:D

PS: I am a sucker for game creation, and I always have thoughts about games. If you are interested, or need any feedback shoot me a PM MASTERPRENN.
  25. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    If anything, it made me try harder. I enjoyed reading your posts, very much.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.