main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CONS IN THE NORTH

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by WANNA_BE_TROOPER, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WANNA_BE_TROOPER

WANNA_BE_TROOPER Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2006
    Why is there no cons in the north east ??

Why is everything down south?

2. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Dont understand please explain

3. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Yeh, I mean there are more in london coz its the capital I s'pose, But we have Collectomania twice a year now and if that continues to do well we may get more.

4. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    He's wondering why all criminals are from down South ... I can't explain it really, but it makes sense ... :p

He means conventions Dave, why are there no big conventions in the North East England - Collectormania is mainly Milton Keynes, then there is London Film and Comic Con, and also Empire Day - all South. However, this year marked the FIRST major convention in the North, at the Manchester G-Mex which Jase, Chris, Caroline, Leigh and myself as FFUK: North attended as representatives , as well as several new North posters on here, and some of the FFUK Midlands crowd, and Lord Tice (CR of FF-UK: London) ;) :cool: There is a second G-Mex con in November, we'll all be going to that. As for NE - maybe, but Showmasters take their conventions where they think they'll get the biggest crowds - Manchester was central enough in the North to get people from both coasts.

5. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    There is a small group of people that I met from Newcastle who are thinking about putting together a potential sci fi convention in the NE.

They are in the initial stages of this. It may or may not happen. Like everyone else said - no point in doing it if no one will show but us 'die hards', its not a cheap process by any means.

After what happened with Signotopia, it made a few people sit up and take notice what the huge potential, both good and bad, putting on a con could mean.

6. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    well we are doing our best up north its not london you know -

tim im told jace is coming over for the liverpool meet up - ?
    take good care of him will ya we need him back or we will fall apart .

7. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    dont worry Dave - fall apart you will not...for there is another. Let's hope as stupid, she is not....but just remember...duct tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe and chapters together it does!

I am having my hair done especially for the trip. You know that wig I was talking about - here it is ;
    [image=http://www.chickenshop.co.uk/acatalog/scouser.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.