main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Consequences of Belief (TPM Qui-Gon, Kyran Josel) Vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Title: Consequences of Belief
    Author: Layren
    Rating: G
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Kyran Josel
    Timeframe: TPM
    Category: Drama, vignette
    Summary: Qui-Gon and Kyran have a conversation before the Council meeting on Coruscant.
    Disclaimer: I make no profit from the story. All recognizable characters belong to the Flanneled One. Kyran Josel belongs to me. Please ask before borrowing his character.
    Author Notes: I was on the way to Arkansas for vacation and this bunny bit and bit hard and I had to find a wireless internet connection to post this :p I hope everyone enjoys :)

Reds and oranges faded slowly to a velvet sky and the stars shone brightly piercing the depths of the blackness illuminating the night. The lone figure on the balcony stared up at the night sky watching the stars. He breathed deeply, inhaling the scent of the small garden he had cultivated. The Living Force flowed and embraced him. He was due to report back to the Jedi Council later that evening, but at the moment he was enjoying the evening on his balcony in quiet contemplation.

?Qui-Gon??

The figure turned toward the voice and smiled a little. ?Hello old friend.?

?I might be six years older than you but I?m not that old,? Kyran said with his green eyes sparkling as he came to stand beside his friend on the balcony. ?I got your message. How long have you been back??

?We just returned. Anakin is testing before the Council. We?re due to report back for his results soon.?

?Anakin shows promise my friend, but you know that he?s too old.?

A hint of anger tinged Qui-Gon?s reply. ?You sound like Obi-Wan.?

?I take it he said the same thing already??

?More than once,? Qui-Gon said irritably. ?Since he was so inclined to argue and be disrespectful, I gave him an assignment to do. He is in the Archives doing last minute research before we go back to Naboo. I?m sure he?s found a way to meet up with Bant and Garen on the way there.?

There were a few minutes of awkward silence before Kyran spoke up again. ?How did your meeting go with the Council??

Qui-Gon?s reply was bitter. ?They don?t believe me. They don?t want to believe that the Sith are back. By the Force Kyran, what do I have to do to make them listen??

Kyran put a hand on his arm. ?The consequences of belief can be severe. That is why they prefer to wear blinders. If they follow your thoughts through keeping in mind the vision you had when you were younger, a lot of Jedi are going to die.?

A few minutes of tense silence filled the air as Qui-Gon remembered the vision he?d had when he was seventeen and still a padawan learner. Sorrow filled his blue eyes as he looked at his friend. ?I wish things could have been different. At least Master Dooku hasn?t left the Order.?

Kyran spoke again. ? If it?s any consolation to you, I believe you.?

He peered into the depths of his friend?s blue orbs as Qui-Gon turned to look at the elder Jedi.

The two friends had known each other since childhood and the elder Jedi was deeply concerned for his friend?s safety with a Sith trailing the younger man. ?Be careful. I?d like you to be around a few more years, so don?t go rushing to find him.?

?I promise I?ll be careful. You know me.?

?That?s what I?m afraid of,? he muttered. ? When are you going back to Naboo?? Kyran asked, changing the subject as he leaned over the railing to peer down at the distance below.

?Eager to get rid of me eh? We?re going back this evening. The Queen is anxious to be home. I don?t like this. I have a bad feeling about going back.?

Kyran?s eyes twinkled. ?If I?d wanted to get rid of you I could have done so long before now, my friend.? He became serious at Qui-Gon?s last sentence. ?I have complete faith in you my friend. You?ve never let me down. Good luck with Anakin.?

?Thank you Kyran. You have always been there for me when I needed it. I don?t know where?d I?d be now without you there to rescue me and believe in me when I needed it most.?

?Prob

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Augh, the line about sticking around a few more years made me want to cry. Thanks for bringing Kyran to the Saga so I can nom him next time around here.

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahhh Master that was a sad lil part about Kyran wanting Qui around for a few more years :(

Great job! Poor Qui having a bad feeling about going back, ahhh and the feeling proved true.

(I saw the mention of Dooku! [face_love] hehehe)

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved it! But that is no surprise considering the author. I'm glad to see you venturing over to this board more and more often! :D

5. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    DarthIsh You're welcome *passes tissues* thanks for reading him :D and being such a big poster in all of my stuff. [:D] I think Kyran is happy to be introduced in Saga but not so pleased of the way I chose to introduce him ;) THanks for reading!

Kynstar I knew you would appreciate the Dooku reference padawan ;) Little does poor Qui know what happens later :D THanks for reading!

VaderLVR Thanks so much! [face_blush] From you that truly is a compliment as I've enjoyed so much of your stuff!

6. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    faints dead away that Layren posted in Saga....again

travelling seems to agree with your muse, Laurie! ;)

great job! nice little work in with Kyran (man, he's old in this one, ain't he?? lol)! very touching & sweet! :)

7. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Sarka Kyran is outraged that you think he's old ;) 66 is not THAT old -- my great grandma is 103 now THAT"s old :p

8. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    So sad because we know Qui is going to die. :_| Kyran is going to be really torn up when Qui dies.

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Qui-Gon?s reply was bitter. ?They don?t believe me. They don?t want to believe that the Sith are back. By the Force Kyran, what do I have to do to make them listen?? -- come now Qui-Gon you can't expect the Council to go by what you say and sense merely because you were right there with the being??? The Council is always right you know!

Layren- that's always been an incredible sore point to me, how the Council, in their extreme aggroance (not that I have an opinion on it) just couldn't possibly take into account someone belived something they had yet to determine.

Sadly, it was their own undoing.

10. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Very nicely done, my former master. I do believe that traveling agrees with you and me. lol Now if only I can find my trilogy, I can get it up so you can read it (after much rewriting, of course)! lol

Very nice job. Perhaps we, or you, can write a Kyran and Lana response to Qui's death? Just a small bunny bite as I read...

Love ya!

11. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Master_Noi You're absolutely correct Kyran is going to be even more upset than Obi-Wan -- Obi-Wan at least was there for Qui-Gon at his death, Kyran wasn't. Poor guy. THanks for reading!

Healer_Leona Me too I hated that scene where Qui-GOn informed them of the Sith returning and Mace was like "sure whatever Qui-Gon how could you possibly know anything?" made me want to give them all a good slap -- except for Yoda. He was the only one I think who might have believed what Qui-Gon had to say. Thanks for reading!

Durhelediel Thanks! Actually Ish asked for the bunny and I said she could do something with it but we'll have to see ;) I wasn't sure I could handle writing it :p I don't like writing things when Qui is dead you know :p thanks for reading!

12. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Giving this a bump :D

13. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Doing it again :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.