main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Considering a new official PFF meeting location

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Idiots Array, Jun 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Bad

Darth_Bad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    Yeah but I have school too. This is my Senior year and I have a lot of hard classes. I usually spend my Saturdays studying (man I'm a loser). But I'll tell my friend Fifty about the meeting times. He can come since he only has 2 classes. He too doesn't have a car though, we'll figure it out somehow.

D_B

2. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I understand the situation, I spend a good portion of my weekend studying too, largely because I was studying 2 sciences and working part time at night. But if you're gonna be busy then anyway, what does it matter?

3. Darth_Bad

Jun 15, 2002
    Wow man what's with the angry tone???
    It's not like I don't want to come, I've actually wanted to join the PFF for a while now. Even before I joined the boards here at TF.N. I seriously will try to come at to your next meeting. Second Saturdays of every month, in the Atomic Comics in Mesa right (so far??)

D_B

4. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Sorry, guess I just had a long day at work

5. Darth_Bad

Jun 15, 2002
    That's ok man, School was rough for me today. I had a quiz in one of my classes. Yeah the teacher never told me, 'cause I transfered in there 4 days ago. Yup I probably bombed that quiz.

D_B

6. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Here is another bonus for Aero's place... A fridge to hold all that Dr. Pepper that MJA and I would drink. :D

Actually, I can't comment to much, as I have yet been able to make it. But, seeing as it is only once a month, being a bit farther west isn't a bad idea. Maybe a little later even so I can actually see the tail end of it.

Would a school or collage be able to give up a room once a month. I know they usually have the capacity!

7. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I like Mesa Atomic Comics. I know it's a ways away for some people but I like the atmosphere and the noise level never seems to be a big problem. I think the key is just to concentrate on making sure the space is available WAY ahead of time so we don't run into problems like the last meeting.

LP

PS. By referencing the last meeting, I mean not to say that there is any level of miscomunication among our PFF officers. I will chalk that one off as a simple S&?! Happens. Way too recover though with the whole gamers edge. They were way cool to help us out.

8. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    I, too like the Mesa Atomic Comics. It's just that I would like something a little closer once in awhile.

9. Darth_Bad

Jun 15, 2002
    I could try to find out if my school can give up space, but they charge money. Yeah it would be cool though. It would be in the auditorium, 60-80 people, big projection screen that can hook up to the tv, etc. For now I'm trying to see if the BB library is willing to hold the PFF. If this works out, I can finally come to one of your meetings. :)

D_B

10. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    DB: Just check on the noise level thing. And food and drinks. We tend to bring the party with us wherever we go, and some places are a little twitchy about things like that.

And I think the challenge is still open to anyone on the west side to find a West-Side location.

There is always Eatza Pizza

They have west side locations at:
    3524 W. Cactus Rd. Phoenix AZ. 602-564-9079
    7353 W. Indian School Rd Phoenix AZ 623-691-9000
    3554 W. Glendale Phoenix AZ 602-995-3500

I've checked with the one at Scottsdale Road and the 202. They say it is $20 (I think) to reserve the special banquet room, and the cost of the buffet is about $6, with drink.

Obviously, everyone would have to pay to get in, but we could probably get a group discount. It's an option, at least.

11. Darth_Bad

Jun 15, 2002
    Yeah I'll check on the sound level thing. My school would be perfect to host the PFF. The auditorium that is. I'll get back on you guys on this topic.

D_B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.